Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

anna080 wrote: »
    Agreed. And Rosie Connolly also. Totally inappropriate IMO.

RC wears a lot of clothes like that, style wise, so wasn't too surprised to see her in that dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Hits:

Doireann's suit stole the show and I loved that she didn't opt for a dress, Erin McGregor's shoulder detail and dress colour were fab, Killian O Sullivan's suit colour with the black trim was really nice, Ali's custom dress was lovely, Rosie's plain black dress was nice too, Rosanna always knocks it out of the park at awards shows, Lisa Cannon's all black was fab too and I loved her slicked back hairdo, Rob Kenny (Even though I was raging his altered outfit 'didn't work out' I'd love to have seen it he's always fashionable) loved that he wore a knee rip jean to a black tie event, I'm sure he'd have had something to say if that was someone else lol.

Misses:

James K's Kenzo for H&M boiler suit, I still can't warm to it whenever he wears it. Oonah O Hagan her dress was too debs for my liking and I'm really over block London bus red dresses at awards shows the world over same with Vogue's. Deric Hartigans red suit was too much for the shoe choice he wore too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Mekekka wrote: »
    RC wears a lot of clothes like that, style wise, so wasn't too surprised to see her in that dress.

I think that style works better on a figure like Rosie's though (smaller chest) than Ali's. I thought Rosie's looked more high fashion while Ali's just looked inappropriate and tacky.

I thought Grace's Dress was a bit too 'debs' and didn't seem to offer enough support around the bust.

Eek a lot of references there to people's boobs :o but a dress really needs to work for a woman's individual shape or it doesn't look right imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Wasn't gone on Grace's dress, thought it was a bit to old fashioned or mumsy for a young woman. Doireann looked fabulous. Totally unique and stood out from the crowd. Toodollys Jen looked lovely too.

Wasn't gone on Grace's dress, thought it was a bit to old fashioned or mumsy for a young woman. Doireann looked fabulous. Totally unique and stood out from the crowd. Toodollys Jen looked lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Safe to say I have unfollowed a number of people after watching videos. Not out of sympathy but out of principal

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Not flattering at all
    16299398_1231964716841295_3431956480745166775_n.jpg?oh=77b44598435dc69f091cb07f45cfe98a&oe=5904CFA7

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

It was the people who didn't get their pictures taken that looked amazing in my opinion. There were beautiful jumpsuits and dresses all around.

Those that were pictured, Doireann for sure won hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Not flattering at all
    16299398_1231964716841295_3431956480745166775_n.jpg?oh=77b44598435dc69f091cb07f45cfe98a&oe=5904CFA7

The dress doesn't fit properly at all. Too long in the length and the arms. It's very boxy looking too. Not a great look.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

From what I saw on snapchat, there were a fair few "celtic tiger circa 2005" misses on the outfits. Blush pink debs dress on the owner was awful, her tan looked well though.
    I don't like Rob Kenny's look. Not sure what size foot he has but the shiny shoes always look like waders with the skinny jeans. JK in that Kenzo stuff, nooo.

Doireann was a stun hun, as was Vogue but she seemed to have loads of outfit changes? I looked up Grace, thought it was nice and flattering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Who's that in the black shiny thing? :o

Is it that girl off xpose.. I'm not sure either

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Is it that girl off xpose.. I'm not sure either

Yes, Lisa Cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tinkerbell2310

Yes its lisa cannon. Dress did nothing for her

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Was the dress code not supposed to be black tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Ali just posted a meme saying "If you can't be kind, be quiet". The irony. She clearly is just one hundred percent sure that she did nothing wrong. (Holly liked the meme of course!)

As a business woman, she should reflect on why her event received the reception that it did. Even if she is really convinced that the Gossies deserved no criticism, they got plenty and any shrewd business person would strive to learn from that.

Or just post self righteous memes. One or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

January wrote: »
    Let's get one thing straight here, the admin on NBS bullied nobody, they may have been overzealous in turning off commenting/deleting threads/blocking people but they did not bully. The guidelines were v. strict over there. What I've seen of the admin from NBS being bullied on other groups over the last few weeks is absolutely atrocious and underserved of what happened on NBS.

They actually swore at some of the mothers in the group were you an admin on the page ?

GradGirl27 wrote: »
    Not to be petty here as I actually agree with and respect a lot of your post's and opinions Cria but calling someone else out when you yourself have actually been banned from this thread previously for being 'uncivil'...self awareness and all that. Isn't it also ironic to call people 'idiots' for going to the gossies when we're all sitting here in an internet forum talking about said people...going...to them.

I didn't call that person out they made a comment along the lines of not being into bloggers and I pointed out they commented in several threads to do with bloggers..
    I wasn't saying their comments were negative just that if your not in to bloggers why get involved in a number of threads regarding bloggers ..
    as for what I said about the gossies I stand by it I should have worded it better in fairness the carry on at the awards proved me right imo.

Loved doireanns suit she looked fab

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Sinead O'Brien was stunning.. Agreed Graces dress was very 2010 debs.. Rosanna stunning.. Erin Mc Gregor, very elegant. Cant really find much other pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    Sinead O'Brien was stunning.. Agreed Graces dress was very 2010 debs.. Rosanna stunning.. Erin Mc Gregor, very elegant. Cant really find much other pictures?

Sinead did look stunning....her snaps where funny the days before the event...all her preening 😂

I'd say the gossies would be more suited to up and starting bloggers who are looking to network and make contacts rather than the big time bloggers who already have their own platforms and products.....and i think the winning categories should reflect this.....that is if it goes ahead nect year....Ali Ryan's social media comments and her reaction to the controversy around the gossies suggest a poor business amd im thinking she might struggle to get big sponserships next year...

There are a good few on instagram with the #gossies2017

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

I will have a look thanks keeping it real.. Are you in there looking lush yourself ? :)

I will have a look thanks keeping it real.. Are you in there looking lush yourself ? :)

Haha I sure am...except I was on a budget 😂😂 so not sure how lush I come across!! There are some fab outfits on display though.

Haha I sure am...except I was on a budget 😂😂 so not sure how lush I come across!! There are some fab outfits on display though.

Would you like to share your blog with us and maybe we could all give you a follow and help support you... I understand if you rather not share your name. But might be nice for us to have someone to follow that's going to keep it real. The peoples choice you could say x

Ps. Sorry if this post is off point of the actual gossies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I was looking forward to seeing Ali's dress since she was going on about it so much. Didn't like it at all. Just because you have boobs doesn't mean you have to have them out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Keepingitreal just because your on a budget doesn't mean your dress/outfit isn't gonna be nice! Sure Ellen from waxperts dress only cost €30! And she looked great loved the dress! Sometimes the expensive outfits are the worst dressed ;)

I actually liked Rosie's dress don't know her style as don't follow her or look at her pages at all but saw pic of her from gossies.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

idunno78 wrote: »
    Keepingitreal just because your on a budget doesn't mean your dress/outfit isn't gonna be nice! Sure Ellen from waxperts dress only cost €30! And she looked great loved the dress! Sometimes the expensive outfits are the worst dressed ;)

I actually liked Rosie's dress don't know her style as don't follow her or look at her pages at all but saw pic of her from gossies.

Me too I thought she looked great. If she had a massive chest it would be different but I think the dress suited her figure perfectly.
    Cannot fault Rosanna, definitely best dressed

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Rosemary and grace meeting for coffee right now on snapchat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Rosemary and grace meeting for coffee right now on snapchat!

Ugh. This doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Like fair play to Rosemary and all, shes obviously a really nice girl for giving Grace the chance to properly apologise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement