Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

RM?

Rosemary McCabe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

scarbouro wrote: »
    Rosemary McCabe

yeah sorry i though so, just cant see it.
    clearly too old for this lolz...

never mind found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

tatumkelly wrote: »

Very good insight to the awards night and by the sounds of it, Rosemary had summed it up perfectly in the article she wrote prior to the event! I'm not sure where the Gossies will go from here or will they get sponsors for next year after the shambles of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

tatumkelly wrote: »

Beautifully written..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Putting it out there, really enjoyed that read as i'm sure a lot of others would have followed suit thinking what they would get out of it would be miles from what the reality is. Glad you did enjoy and make the most of it unfortunately this left you a lot out of pocket re €150 price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Thank you guys, I actually found it hard to write in the end. Your support sure helped. My post won't set a fire alight but I am hoping others in my position will get an insight!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Had to unfollow the owner of Goss on snapchat. The whole spot thing? She's trying too hard to be one of the "celebs" she writes about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Had to unfollow the owner of Goss on snapchat. The whole spot thing? She's trying too hard to be one of the "celebs" she writes about.

She tries waaay too hard.

anna080 wrote: »
    She tries waaay too hard.
    Unfollowed her today too... Its all an act.

• Advertisement

Had to unfollow Grace as well. Only followed her over the weekend due to all the Gossie drama but just unfollowed her there again. Don't know how people find her interesting, influencer of the year, really? She needs to put the phone down and learn to spend quality time with her baby without shoving a camera in her face. Poor thing was poorly today and still snap snap snap of her. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Had to unfollow Grace as well. Only followed her over the weekend due to all the Gossie drama but just unfollowed her there again. Don't know how people find her interesting, influencer of the year, really? She needs to put the phone down and learn to spend quality time with her baby without shoving a camera in her face. Poor thing was poorly today and still snap snap snap of her. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I'd a baby at the exact same time as her and trust me, there isn't much else to talk about besides baby most days as so much of your time is taken up with them, but that's when you don't put it all over social media! She presumably has nothing else to snap about but a good strategy would then be to keep her snaps for when she does have an event or launch or whatever, make the snaps she does do more worthwhile.
    Did she make any more reference to the goss.ies issue? (I did get called out on RMCs sc for mistakenly saying that what Grace brought to the coffee date was a gift! Did edit it on here once I knew the proper story and did message RMC too explaining and apologising for the mistake) Hopefully that whole thing is put to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Added and deleted there to see what ye were on about, even though I said I wouldn't!
    Not for me anyway, it was like watching The Snapper, not just because there was a baby either!

Mekekka wrote: »
    I'd a baby at the exact same time as her and trust me, there isn't much else to talk about besides baby most days as so much of your time is taken up with them, but that's when you don't put it all over social media! She presumably has nothing else to snap about but a good strategy would then be to keep her snaps for when she does have an event or launch or whatever, make the snaps she does do more worthwhile.
    Did she make any more reference to the goss.ies issue? (I did get called out on RMCs sc for mistakenly saying that what Grace brought to the coffee date was a gift! Did edit it on here once I knew the proper story and did message RMC too explaining and apologising for the mistake) Hopefully that whole thing is put to bed now.

No nothing more about Goss. That's the end of it I'd say. I get that she's a new mum and wants to share her experience but there's sharing and then there's over sharing. Her child has a right to privacy too. It just felt wrong watching her, like I was peering in her window or something. I know what she has eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner the last three days, I shouldn't know that and neither should any of her followers. I remember following her for a while last year too and it was constant snaps of her cat too, nothing interesting either so I just think she's an over snapper in general. I get that social media is conducive to her career but she seriously needs to reevaluate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

MUF just said that she extended her stay and didn't make the awards because of it. But it looked like a great night and all the winners were grogeous. That's all we will hear from her on it I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

No nothing more about Goss. That's the end of it I'd say. I get that she's a new mum and wants to share her experience but there's sharing and then there's over sharing. Her child has a right to privacy too. It just felt wrong watching her, like I was peering in her window or something. I know what she has eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner the last three days, I shouldn't know that and neither should any of her followers. I remember following her for a while last year too and it was constant snaps of her cat too, nothing interesting either so I just think she's an over snapper in general. I get that social media is conducive to her career but she seriously needs to reevaluate.

The Goss thing is done and dusted, Rosemary accepted her apology so thats the end.

(Yes and as someone who followed her since she was about 3 months pregnant i can say it wasnt that interesting before the baby either lol.

I was a few months ahead of her but never failed to marvel at how little she did day to day but made to look like a lot.

Psych 101 hat on, shes got a problem and is addicted to snapchat/views and number of followers etc. in a very unhealthy way.)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm another one who added grace on SC over the weekend :o deleted last night. She was saying yesterday that her snapchat is very boring and she needs to do more exciting stuff. Then follows 30 more snaps of mundanity. The snaps of her baby and other people's baby should be sent to family and friends only (although I'd tell my own sister to fcuk off if she sent that many of her kids :D). One or two a day of her own baby, maybe. But there very little substance to her snaps from what I saw in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I'm another one who added grace on SC over the weekend :o deleted last night. She was saying yesterday that her snapchat is very boring and she needs to do more exciting stuff. Then follows 30 more snaps of mundanity. The snaps of her baby and other people's baby should be sent to family and friends only (although I'd tell my own sister to fcuk off if she sent that many of her kids :D). One or two a day of her own baby, maybe. But there very little substance to her snaps from what I saw in a few days.

It seems a few influencers have reduced there large number of snaps a day and only snap when there's something interesting to say.
    People only get bored when it's constant baby snaps or what I'm making for dinner snaps ..
    If they are being boring for the day don't snap spend real time with your children...
    on another note I've deleted Ali who owns goss.ie as I feel she's trying to enter the whole blogger 'celebrity ' world .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I follow another blogger, who would be more health and fitness/lifestyle than beauty and I really like her content, but dear god, she posts an obscene amount of snaps every day, and they're all talking at the camera.
    They're nearly like monologues and I almost have a pain in my thumb from trying to flick through the rubbish to get to the interesting bit.
    She's a new enough blogger and wouldn't have a massive following but when she's on topic she's amazing, very intelligent and has an in depth knowledge of her subject. But the amount of mundane irrelevant stuff she posts means half the time I'm not bothered watching her snaps cause I can't be bothered flicking through hoping to find some nuggets of information.

Sometimes less is more! I briefly followed grace but as someone else said, she made good work of appearing very busy yet doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Mekekka wrote: »
    MUF just said that she extended her stay and didn't make the awards because of it. But it looked like a great night and all the winners were grogeous. That's all we will hear from her on it I assume.

Looking like there might be a new romance, hence the extended stay. She had seemed so adamant about attending though before that.

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    Looking like there might be a new romance, hence the extended stay. She had seemed so adamant about attending though before that.

And on her snaps she had a picture ot 2 unicorn teddies 2gether....so you could be right.
    I think thats the end of the gossie drama. We will see nothing more from it now.
    I think those who stayed away were obs aware of something brewing and mAde the right business decision of not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I followed her for a while but had to unfollow when she literally snapchatted opening the cupboard to take out a teabag and also pouring milk on to her cereal.

This is the type of content that won Influencer of the year so I think that tells you all you need to know about what merits a gossie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Khaigs

She's just soooooooo boring lately. Baby, food, mum, Mags & Kips is pretty much her content. If my sister snapped my family like that she's be disowned. Are they not mortified. Her baby is beautiful but Jesus, 1,000,000 snaps of her a day and with that intolerable squeaky baby voice is just puke worthy. I've unfollowed her & pretty much all my friends have too. She's painful. I'm pretty sure the people who follow her are A) just there for the nosey (like I was) or B) as thick as she is. I really wish she'd take the phone out of her child's face & concentrate on her day job (whatever that is these days).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Khaigs

I don't think the constant baby talk is a grace specific issue. Mothers across the social media spectrum seem to think other people wanna see their babies constantly too. The majority of cases the only person who wanted to see your baby is you. If I ever have a baby I hope I remember this...

I'm due my 1st any day now & ive learned from them idiots..... keep baby photos to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

And on her snaps she had a picture ot 2 unicorn teddies 2gether....so you could be right.
    I think thats the end of the gossie drama. We will see nothing more from it now.
    I think those who stayed away were obs aware of something brewing and mAde the right business decision of not going.

2 unicorn teddies?! Jaysus! I think a lot of bloggers must have realised that something was brewing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

ratmouse wrote: »

2 unicorn teddies?! Jaysus! I think a lot of bloggers must have realised that something was brewing alright.
    whats brewing?? TELLLLL MEMEE

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

whats brewing?? TELLLLL MEMEE

That she has a fella in London maybe?? :o:D

And thats why she missed the gossies. She chose spending time with him over the awards. :P :P

Too Funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Its always nice to see someones baby. Once. Usually once is enough. Baby eating a mashed banana is not exciting to anyone, even the baby! 😂

we all think our children are stunning but no one wants to see endless snaps of them you might think your baby eating or laughing is amazing but it really isn't to other people .. food, babies, sisters,mothers, boyfriends, cats .. take note it's not interesting content or worthy for an award and please bloggers who's partners think they are Snapchat celebrities please stop you are not .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement