Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Muf said she's in London until Tuesday on her Instagram post this morning and she didn't go into any further I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Edited post as what I wrote was off topic,
    I really hope Grace learns from what happened at the Gossies, and other bloggers too, I think people have had enough of the recent events

Personally, I think we shouldn't be discussing what went on in the NBS group. It has nothing to do with the Gossies and its completely off topic. .

scarbouro wrote: »
    Personally, I think we shouldn't be discussing what went on in the NBS group. It has nothing to do with the Gossies and its completely off topic. .

You're right Scarbouro, It's totally off topic, can I delete it out? Apologies mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Petal765 wrote: »

Edit: just wanted to add I really hope Grace learns from what happened at the Gossies, I think this backlash was always going to happen and hopefully it'll be a fresh start for her

Learn what? To be even more fake and plastic and pretend everyone is all nice and best friends and that it is forbidden to make a light joke at an awards ceremony for a nominee who (rightly 0r wrongly) slagged said awards ceremony..........

Jeessus, they are grown women, give some slack, take some slack like everyone does in life!
    Tbh, it appears that the comment was the most realistic expression given by someone through the whole thing!
    The comment by "Grace" obviously was a dig but if she and the attendees feel hard done by and offended by the original dig by the woman who insulted the whole show (and done it in a fairly manipulated scripted manner so as that she could call the victim card if someone responded to said insult) they have every right and it seems realistic for them to make light of it. i understand most of them paid big money (which is their perogative) to attend so maybe they did feel a bit hard done by by someone making a negative public article about the show and, indeed, the attendees.

Personally I find the worst part of all this is the seemingly obligation to tip toe around and go out of your way not to offend anyone. That is just creepy and fake. People should be allowed to express their opinion or make a joke without being labelled as a bully.

Sometimes the worst things are the things not said about you.

I think the whole show is a sham and it epitomises Dublin's celebrity social scene but if I had, god forbid, invested my time, money and energy in an event and someone publicly went out of their way to ridicule it I wouldn't be shy to make light of that ridicule.

If you ask me most of the time the people who throw the word bully into the mix are the biggest bully. It is a cheap and easy word to throw in and automatically labels someone. They then sit back, knowing that the masses will "stand up to the bully".

As I said earlier, not one of these women has come out of this with a mature dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

This post has been deleted.

You obviosly didn't see the snapchats of Su in the Wright Venue of Saturday night past so. Professional is not the word I would have used. Farce and all the awards night may have been, Su would have come across better had she been in attendance at that rather than behaving as she was shown on snapchat.

Learn what? To be even more fake and plastic and pretend everyone is all nice and best friends and that it is forbidden to make a light joke at an awards ceremony for a nominee who (rightly 0r wrongly) slagged said awards ceremony..........

Jeessus, they are grown women, give some slack, take some slack like everyone does in life!
    Tbh, it appears that the comment was the most realistic expression given by someone through the whole thing!
    The comment by "Grace" obviously was a dig but if she and the attendees feel hard done by and offended by the original dig by the woman who insulted the whole show (and done it in a fairly manipulated scripted manner so as that she could call the victim card if someone responded to said insult) they have every right and it seems realistic for them to make light of it. i understand most of them paid big money (which is their perogative) to attend so maybe they did feel a bit hard done by by someone making a negative public article about the show and, indeed, the attendees.

Personally I find the worst part of all this is the seemingly obligation to tip toe around and go out of your way not to offend anyone. That is just creepy and fake. People should be allowed to express their opinion or make a joke without being labelled as a bully.

Sometimes the worst things are the things not said about you.

I think the whole show is a sham and it epitomises Dublin's celebrity social scene but if I had, god forbid, invested my time, money and energy in an event and someone publicly went out of their way to ridicule it I wouldn't be shy to make light of that ridicule.

If you ask me most of the time the people who throw the word bully into the mix are the biggest bully. It is a cheap and easy word to throw in and automatically labels someone. They then sit back, knowing that the masses will "stand up to the bully".

As I said earlier, not one of these women has come out of this with a mature dignity.

I've edited that post as what I said was completely off topic, I just said I hope everyone can move on from it, there's more important things to worry about in life than the Gossies, I'm not looking to cause an argument here, I won't be posting anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Was her sisters snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Cria wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any Nasty posts here .. none of the regular posters are nasty they just state their opinion.
    I've seen you post a number of times on threads relating to bloggers if it's not your thing then maybe unfollow the post.
    biko wrote: »
    Warnings handed out.
    No place for bitchiness here.

Bans will be next for similar jabs. Don't get banned m'kay?
    Cria wrote: »
    It's all a loud of crap pretend awards with stupid titles.
    What idiots are going to this.

Mod note - user banned for being uncivil.
    biko wrote: »
    Keep a civil tone here. Warnings and bans handed out.

Not to be petty here as I actually agree with and respect a lot of your post's and opinions Cria but calling someone else out when you yourself have actually been banned from this thread previously for being 'uncivil'...self awareness and all that. Isn't it also ironic to call people 'idiots' for going to the gossies when we're all sitting here in an internet forum talking about said people...going...to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Could posters just cop on and stay on topic and stop being petty? We're all grown ups here surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

I think this whole situation has just been a massive game of tit for tat. I honestly don't see any innocent parties, and certainly no victims.
    All grown women acting like teenagers. It's embarrassing really. I think most bloggers should be taken with a pinch of salt, enjoy what is relevant to you and just tap past the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

SJ never "acted" like she was going. She put up a photo of herself going out with friends in a pair of jeans so that might've been the first clue.
    Why are people following her sisters snapchat? Seems a bit obsessive.

SJ never "acted" like she was going. She put up a photo of herself going out with friends in a pair of jeans so that might've been the first clue.

Nobody said anything about following her sister. People can be shown snaps without following them.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Someone is following her then, and tut tutting while passing around screenshots, that's even weirder.

Someone is following her then, and tut tutting while passing around screenshots, that's even weirder.

Because passing judgement and making comments on posts/activites of others unknown to us is such an unheard of phenomenon, isn't it Muffintop? Imagine if this happened on an online chat and discussions site entitled, say, I don't know, Boards.ie maybe? How strange eh? Tut tut even, one might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

I for one follow Carla and think she's quite gas. It's also nice to see some BTS of SJ having the craic as her own snap is her professional business one which she doesn't ever really let her hair down on. SJ shouted her sisters username out the day they went bridesmaids dress shopping to follow her for funny snaps, people haven't gone stalking the internet in search of it to weirdly add her lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Due to Suzanne being who she is, Carla has gained quite a large social media following.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tinkerbell2310

Ah Jesus pls don't tell me peps on here r up in arms over a young girl letting her hair down n enjoyin herself!!!!!

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about following her sister. People can be shown snaps without following them.

so, go on, what did she do on her social night out that disgusted you?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

In fairness, what has SJ's sister got to do with the Gossies??

In fairness, what has SJ's sister got to do with the Gossies??

I haven't a clue! I don't have a clue who these people are! I have become fascinated by this whole thread the last day!! :D

So what did people think of the fashion on the night?!

I think there was a mixed bag. I thought it was a black tie event but it didn't appear that it was. I loved Rosanna Davison white floor length dress. The detail was stunning on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I don't think what Suzanna Jackson did on a night out has anything to do with the gossies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Sinead O' Brien's dress was gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Doireann Garrihy gets the best dressed award in my opinion. She looked amazing

So what did people think of the fashion on the night?!

I think there was a mixedbbbag. I thought it was a black tie event but it didn't appear that it was. I loved Rosanna Davison white floor length dress. The detail was stunning on it.

Never usually like her style but her dress was amazing. I love any dress like that. Wasn't a fan of Ali's dress at all, but then I'm not into choker detail at all.

I thought Ali's dress had too much cleavage going on. It didn't look classy.

• Advertisement

I thought Ali's dress had too much cleavage going on. It didn't look classy.

Agreed. And Rosie Connolly also. Totally inappropriate IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement