Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G5

Options

Comments

Patww79 wrote: »
    LG tend to be slightly cheaper than the equivalent Samsung but it won't be far off.

At least it looks like it'll get more of a release this time round. The V10 was very hard to get your hands on.

I can't remember the last time I actually saw an LG flagship in a store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

such a shame it does looks very good. They sure will miss sales in EU if they dont launch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Fairly annoyed myself I've been following the build up with a view to upgrading from my +2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, any suggestions/websites as to where I could pick this phone up?

currently with VF and they don't have it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Don't know about websites but Dixons in Dublin airport had it last week. Sorry can't remember the price. Unfortunately it's past security so you'd have to be traveling somewhere. Personally wasn't all that impressed with it - didn't like the plastic coating on the metal and would have doubts about the longterm durability of the modular mechanism. I'll be sticking to my oneplus 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just something I came across and I thought it looked nice, decent specs etc

Argos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

I had this phone to test for a few weeks before I sent it back to Amazon Germany.

It's a pity so many issues pop up for people down the line as the phone is superb in the hand and it had no build issues.

The camera is the best smartphone camera out there too, unless the iPhone 7 plus as I haven't tried one yet.

If it could be got for €400 from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon I'd actually rec it as your covered for any issues and they will sort you out.

Resellers are selling it for that price but you wouldn't know if youd have easy returns.

Got a Oneplus 3 tho in the end as it was still €600 when I ordered my OP

Theres so much bad being talked about this phone .

I have it and have not a simple problem with it battery is much better then the s7 edge, camera is really good but do find S7 better at times did think of making a video about it just to show how nice the actually is.

If you like the phone go and buy it dont think you will regret it.

I got mine in amazon.de 400€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How much better is the battery than the s7 edge?

I'm getting 1.5 days average out of my Edge with a hell of a lot of use. Average 6+ hours screen on time as well.

Looking at it now 11h14m battery usage 75% left
    used it for 2 hours straight playing music with GPS on and maps, and FM radio for about 30 minutes

How much screen on time?
    ldr wrote: »
    Looking at it now 11h14m battery usage 75% left
    used it for 2 hours straight playing music with GPS on and maps, and FM radio for about 30 minutes

1 hour display on total, no gaming, just some browsing and news reading, then just the basic text message and phone calls. Bluetooth on at all times connected to LG urbane

Ok, so how is that "much better" than the Edge battery? ~4 hours screen on time is absolute pants compared to the Edge. My old Xperia Z5 did 4+ hours SoT with plenty of usage and I thought that was dreadful.
    ldr wrote: »
    1 hour display on total, no gaming, just some browsing and news reading, then just the basic text message and phone calls. Bluetooth on at all times connected to LG urbane

Each to their own, your usage is very different from mine.

For me and my normal usage the G5 lasts longer no doubt compared to the S7 edge.

----

Looking forward for android wear 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭opus

Just noticed this thread on the Bargain Alerts forum - Unlocked G5 with camera module & the B&O hifi module for €495 from Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

opus wrote: »
    Just noticed this thread on the Bargain Alerts forum - Unlocked G5 with camera module & the B&O hifi module for €495 from Argos

Just showed my other half as she wants one, but wont get it because its the titan grey :rolleyes: cracking deal, id nearly get one myself to replace my Nexus 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

There's nothing like owning it and get your own opinion on it.
    I have runs along with the s7 edge and it's brilliant exclent camera and battery but I'm no heavy user.

Bothered by the colour of it? Either a skin or a cover for me it's a cover

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

I'm looking at possibly upgrading my G3 to this, < £400 on amazon too. What other phones would you recommend? I'd like a qhd screen, snapdragon 820, SD card slot and a good camera which this seems to have. It seems to be a good deal for those specs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Picked up one of these yesterday and pleasently surprised. Feels premium, really snappy phone and the camera is excellent.

One point i have is the screen temperature. Looks extremely cold on greens and reds, a little unnatural looking. Anyone else notice this? I compared it to my P9000 and M8 and while the G5 has the sharper screen, colours are cold. I'll get used to it though!

So I went and got this with the argos bundle deal, ill realistically never use the modules but it was a good price for the phone. I'm a day with it now and I have to say I love it.

My S7 was driving me crazy with the lag so I'm enjoying the smooth sharp performance.

The coldness of the screen is a little jarring initially after the S7 but its not a problem.

Anyone with on here got the nougat update?!

sentient_6 wrote: »
    So I went and got this with the argos bundle deal, ill realistically never use the modules but it was a good price for the phone. I'm a day with it now and I have to say I love it.

My S7 was driving me crazy with the lag so I'm enjoying the smooth sharp performance.

The coldness of the screen is a little jarring initially after the S7 but its not a problem.

Anyone with on here got the nougat update?!

I got the Nougat update using LG Bridge on my computer, very easy to do and safe too, it's the official update from LG so nice and stable.

I got used to the screen temperature after a few days, it's a lovely sharp screen and colours look fine to me now.

I have it over a month now, loads of apps on and no lag still, everything flies along. Camera is excellent on it too, the wide angle lens can get some fantastic shots.

Be interested to hear how you get on with the 'friends' when you try them!

• Advertisement

How does the camera fare for normal shots compared to the S7? To be hobest, despite all the great reviews, I've always found the S7 camera to be disappointing for regular shots coming from an LG G4.

I don't have an S7 but find the shots from the G5 are great. I think it actually uses the same 16mp sensor as the G4 so if you are happy with that then you'll be fine with the G5. The second, wide angle lens is great too and video is excellent for me also

Advertisement