Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I'll be the Guinea pig for ye once Amazon UK stocks it in silver :p

At least with them I know I can return it hassle free and if any issues crop up within two years they'll sort it with no hassle, whether it's LG, Samsung, etc

First run of Samsungs are getting a hammering I see for screen issues too I see, unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I see Carphone Warehouse UK have it for £499/€630 and in stock.

Still torn between this and P9 plus...

Anyone seen the battery on sale given that it is removable? Interested to see what price they will go for...

hmmm, in stock and could be delivered to Carphone Warehouse in Newry to collect this Friday :)

Was gonna do that myself but how will they be for warranty issues compared to say Amazon UK

Will it send it to them and off for repair a few times before a faulty unit is replaced

Mourinho wrote: »
    Was gonna do that myself but how will they be for warranty issues compared to say Amazon UK

Will it send it to them and off for repair a few times before a faulty unit is replaced

"Product purchased online
    Most items can be returned or exchanged within 14 days of the date we first try to deliver your product
    If something's not working, give us a call on 0870 111 6565^. We will tell you whether you are eligible for a return, exchange or repair. "

Probably not as good as Amazon. But part of me is shouting "it'll be ok I won't need to return it, I can have it on Friday!"

found manual here at Clove:

https://www.clove.co.uk/download.aspx?download=f12303eb-7d08-4911-9002-e787f9c3ea04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

This guy destroys the phone in the first 15 minutes, then I closed the video.. Lol.

You should watch Flossy more he actually gave it a good review :p He always gives his dislikes first for every phone. He's also notoriously picky for every 10 things he hates maybe 1 might be an actual annoyance.

His dislikes for this phone are

1. It's looks
    2. No wireless charging
    3. Doesn't like the matte paint feel
    4. Screen of 5.3 is too small he prefers 5.5
    5. Screen brightness is dimmer than S7 at 50% well it's different screen types
    6. No multitasking, dropped cause android N will doing it natively
    7. Doesn't like rear placed home button
    8. Home button isn't solid like 6P
    9. Always on display too dim (I'm with him there)
    10. No app drawer which has been fixed via update

He thinks it's a win. He's very impressed with camera, battery life and speaker. Skip to 14 mins in for the likes.

Overall 8/10 and said its a definite buy one of his fav phones so far.

I always enjoy his reviews he's always been on the ball for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

You should watch Flossy more he actually gave it a good review :p He always gives his dislikes first for every phone. He's also notoriously picky for every 10 things he hates maybe 1 might be an actual annoyance.

His dislikes for this phone are

1. It's looks
    2. No wireless charging
    3. Doesn't like the matte paint feel
    4. Screen of 5.3 is too small he prefers 5.5
    5. Screen brightness is dimmer than S7 at 50% well it's different screen types
    6. No multitasking, dropped cause android N will doing it natively
    7. Doesn't like rear placed home button
    8. Home button isn't solid like 6P
    9. Always on display too dim (I'm with him there)
    10. No app drawer which has been fixed via update

He thinks it's a win. He's very impressed with camera, battery life and speaker. Skip to 14 mins in for the likes.

Overall 8/10 and said its a definite buy one of his fav phones so far.

I always enjoy his reviews he's always been on the ball for me.

I do follow him more or less (I don't have much free time) and yeah, he's a cool guy, but as with many youtubers, their overall opinion is almost always positive because they have to please LG and the viewers that already bought it.
    If some guys in this thread already bought one then I'd say it's still a great phone. But compared to the Samsung S7/Edge and HTC 10 it fells behind.

This is only my opinion, though!

O2 UK are selling it pay as you go for £460....locked, but appears to be unlocked cheaply.

O2 UK are selling it pay as you go for £460....locked, but appears to be unlocked cheaply.

Wouldn't it be grand sure an unlock probably only be €5-€10

Edit: only the Titan colour available wtf is the obsession with stocking the most ugly colour :(

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it be grand sure an unlock probably only be €5-€10

Edit: only the Titan colour available wtf is the obsession with stocking the most ugly colour :(

the unlock is about €3.50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150822122068?clk_rvr_id=1015003435242&rmvSB=true

Vodafone store in the UK is doing it for £410 (not sure if this includes some 20% Vodafone discount) - see here on HUKD

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-g5-410-vodafone-instore-2431275

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Soooooo has anybody got one yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Waiting for the price to drop. Hardware wise its sound but the add ons are not giving me reason to buy right now...the removable battery is still the number one reason why I would buy.... So gonna give it a few months and watch that price drop.

I was considering the G5, but now that HTC have nailed it with the 10, it's a no-brainer for me.

I don't know why LG don't make their devices more accessible here, they always seem difficult to even get a hands-on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Patww79 wrote: »
    Looking at what Lenovo have done with the Moto Z modules just makes the G5 look even worse with their implementation.

The very second I saw that you have to pull the battery to do any of the Mods for the G5 I realised they have failed and that is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Does anyone have this phone LG G5?

ldr wrote: »
    Does anyone have this phone LG G5?

nearly did a few months back. but build quality (see rim of removable battery section) very rough on a few models I checked abroad in shops. To me, that wasn't good enough.

• Advertisement

bought it yesterday but order still haven't shipped, so im still considering cancelling it, ive looked at reviews on YouTube and the issue seems to be gone, hopefully.

Went for it cos of the price and specs are pretty good with excellent camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

So in the end i ended up buying the lg g5.

Compared to the s7 edge yes the s7 fills more premium but in terms of usage camera feels the same. Battery dies last longer then the s7.

For its current price this is the flagship killer.

ldr wrote: »
    So in the end i ended up buying the lg g5.

Compared to the s7 edge yes the s7 fills more premium but in terms of usage camera feels the same. Battery dies last longer then the s7.

For its current price this is the flagship killer.

What's the current price, and where in Ireland can you get it from?

Basil3 wrote: »
    What's the current price, and where in Ireland can you get it from?

400 from amazon.de

It does look pretty good. shame about the price probably will be priced as the Note 7

• Advertisement

Advertisement