Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G5

Options
  • 30-12-2015 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

I had a look at the specs of the new galaxy A5 for 2016, and with a battery of 2900MAH, for a FHD screen of 5.2 inches and given the previous A5 with a battery life of 2400MAH got good reviews for battery life and the superamoled screen and quick charge this phone will be great!

It reminds me of the LG G2 i had which had a FHD 5.2 screen and 3000MAH battery. It was the best phone I had for battery life.

Since the G2, the battery life has been downhill for LG devices, they've upped the screen size and display type and they've kept the battery size the same.

While these rumoured features are great for the G5, they need to focus on battery life cruicially, there's been poor battery reviews for the G3 and G4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Was looking forward to this cause it fixed the things I didn't like with the G4, no fingerprint scanner and speaker on the back.

But that second screen at the top like the V10 looks awful :(

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think I read that you can have it switched off on the V10 so I'd expect it to be the same.
    Though, if correct, the fingerprint scanner from the V10 doesn't bode well. It's supposed to be rubbish.

Oh nice that would be cool, if it's turned off I would does the main screen fill it or are you left with a black mini screen?

Must take a gander.

Ah took a look at the v10s one it can be tidied away if you don't like it and if off it leaves a black bezel at the top but it seems to match with the black area where the home and back buttons are at the bottom! That's a relief.

Wonder if the battery will be removeable now with the full metal design talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

The rumours going around with those pictures also day the power and volume buttons will go back to the side

• Advertisement

The removable bottom for the swapping batteries is looking more and more accurate think it looks cool myself!

I'm 100% loving what's tipped so far, fingers crossed there's no calangers to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

that link:

"(Update: G5 confirmed) LG sends out invites to MWC 2016 event, most likely LG G5 launch"

Has to be one of the worst headlines ever, it makes no sense.

I like the volume buttons to the side thankfully I was always hitting them when I wanted the power or vice versa.

Fingers crossed still ha

Given the event is only a few weeks away and all the leaks I reckon this is accurate

http://www.phonearena.com/news/3D-render-of-LG-G5-model-surfaces-with-5.6-inch-2K-resolution-screen-and-dual-cameras-on-back_id77821

5.6-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution

Snapdragon 820 SoC is under the hood carrying a quad-core CPU and the Adreno 530 GPU.

4GB of RAM

Dual cameras on back will be 16MP and 8MP with OIS and laser focus

Front-facing camera 8MP

Type-C USB port

SD Cart Support

Removable battery as the bottom of the phone can be removed

• Advertisement

Yep, all that looks pretty much nailed. Only rumour that seems to have died down is the removable bottom having capability for add on units. Looking forward to it but if it's not extra special when they're removing the back buttons then I'm revisiting the 6P or looking at the S7, even with that button.

Loving all the details so far, looks to be the first phone in years that has all I want.

I'm just waiting for that one awful clanger of an issue that will emerge haha :p

The LG G4 camera was the best IMO last year even over the S6 I think the laser being added makes a serious difference. I remember testing it and took pics in the pitch dark with flash and they were pin sharp.

Honestly surprised they don't push the selfie camera more advertising wise at 8MP would have thought the Facebook stunners would be all over it ha.

Really really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

5.6 inch screen? Too big IMO.

Does the market really want bigger screens or is it just an excuse to put a bigger battery in and improve running time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm the opposite. Been hearing rumours about 5.3" and if that's true then it would be a huge reason for me not to buy. It's my most used device so I don't want it to be too small. Definitely don't want smaller than the G4.

As some are saying they could do two phones. One would be the Joe public 5.3" and one would be a note type power user pro 5.6"

• Advertisement

Advertisement