Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

All good points in the remainder of your post. Well he's some man coz there's not another fighter out there that could manage those distractions and an actual fight . Had to laugh at John during the Khabib altercation. Arms folded. Not a bother. Haha.

Not as if he had anything to really worry about to be fair. They were mouthing at each other over the top of some fairly sizeable security lads. The chances of any sort of physical confrontation were minute to non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Not as if he had anything to really worry about to be fair. They were mouthing at each other over the top of some fairly sizeable security lads. The chances of any sort of physical confrontation were minute to non-existent.

Was thinking more along the lines of his guy is going around having altercations with everyone and he doesn't look a bit concerned which tells me I'm worried about nothing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

gallag wrote: »
    Fan boys are cray, conner acting the complete twat, mink coat haha, calling an interviewer a burn victim, being that tiny fella who only starts **** when a big boys there to hold him back, former welfare bin dipper now classic vulgar new money, 100% if he did not drape a tricolour round his neck and come from Ireland you guys would hate him.

Mod: Dropping in to troll and call fighters 'bin dippers' is a quick way to get yourself banned...cut the nonsense

I'd be the first to admit if he wasn't Irish I'd have no interest in him because I'd never have been drawn to sport to begin with .....It's him that got my attention, so in turn so did mma/ufc........even still I'd only watch the main events on the big shows, it's still for the most part a dull spectacle but for the true aficionados ........look at the press conferences, the wiegh-ins without McGregor it's a boring affair .......if that makes me a fanboy I'll hold my hand up

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

I think Conor gets a shock defeat tonight. I think he is losing his way in marketing himself.

Media and online fans are starting to turn on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Eatmore wrote: »
    I think Conor gets a shock defeat tonight. I think he is losing his way in marketing himself.

I know your possibly fishing but can you back these claims up with any sort of evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's hardly a "shock" if he loses to a guy who is the current world champion.

Sure he might be the bookies fav, and most here tip him, but it's marginal and entirely possible in the UFC that Eddie wins this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Youtu.be/MqmaR9sSzqw

Where's the rest of this vid?

Eatmore wrote:

Wouldn't call it a shock. I fancy Conor to win but it would be no shock of Eddie wins.
    Eatmore wrote:

Online fans? I think it's a given that the likes of youtube, sherdog etc online "fans" are twats. The lovers and the haters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Gamebred wrote: »
    I know your possibly fishing but can you back these claims up with any sort of evidence?

There was a guardian article.

On Reddit MMA he is getting slaughtered last few days.

Examples include he still had the price tag in his jacket, Woodley called him out for trying to start something with Alvarez behind two bodyguards!

Reddit /r/MMA is the link if you want to visit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Examples include he still had the price tag in his jacket, Woodley called him out for trying to start something with Alvarez behind two bodyguards!

So a few posts on a mma forum and hes being turned on, the mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How does that affect the outcome of the fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I heard that even sherdog are having a go ;)

oh you mean the guardian?? the British Guardian newspaper, the same side of the pond that tried to claim him in the beginning as being from the UK. The same side of the pond that were told to Foooook off at same??

well jeeeeshhh chief I've no idea why they'd be trying to generate any loathing antipathy for a successful IRISH man in any way! :D
    that's a real surprise and shame with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Does anybody else think that Conor appears a little unstable at present? A genuine question btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Conor is just thinking ahead imo. I think he knows he's going to KO Eddie and is laying the seeds for the next big fight, Khabib or even Woodley/Wonderboy for the 3 belts. If any featherweight is crazy enough to get in there with a Welterweight champ it's Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

degsie wrote: »
    Does anybody else think that Conor appears a little unstable at present? A genuine question btw.

No he did the exact same for Diaz 2, went absolutely nuts in the days before the fight and as John Kavanagh said he came off stage after that weigh in said "the illusion of insanity is over" and we saw the most calm mgregor in the octagon. Exact same here, it's nothing more than a game, and ye can tell he's having fun doing it.

Is it just me or has the forum been more civil than it usually is in the run up to a Conor fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is it just me or has the forum been more civil than it usually is in the run up to a Conor fight?

Go f#*k yourself and your ''civil''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

degsie wrote: »

I thought so too. When he was pacing after mouthing off at Woodley who just ignored him he looked like a guy with **** on his mind. On stage antics all seems a bit flat and forced too.

Doesn't seem like he did before stirring **** and loving it but ya never know. If he is im sure he'll be fucussed for the fight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Lads is anyone else concerned with Conor having words with all these guys so close to a fight? I know we've seen him go mental at the weigh in before and then refocus but he's now had a go at Woodley twice and Khabib. If this was Eddie we'd be saying he's lost it.
    Id be more worried about the input the lads would be feeding Alverez as they have all watched plenty of tape of Mcgregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

In fairness a lot of that is down to the work the mods do on the MMA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    oh you mean the guardian?? the British Guardian newspaper, the same side of the pond that tried to claim him in the beginning as being from the UK. The same side of the pond that were told to Foooook off at same??

well jeeeeshhh chief I've no idea why they'd be trying to generate any loathing antipathy for a successful IRISH man in any way! :D
    that's a real surprise and shame with it.

This entire post is gibberish. The Guardian article had nothing to do with "generating any loathing". It was about the fact that, from the author's point of view (one you're entirely free to disagree with), McGregor isn't as entertaining in press conferences, weigh ins etc as so much of his stuff is evidently rehearsed and increasingly devoid of wit. I dunno, perhaps you think repeatedly saying "I don't give a ****" is gas craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tyron is just jealous. Selling his footage to TMZ is embarrassing.

Him acting as if pointing out that McGrgeor didn't really want to fight Eddie on the stage is some kind of big reveal is also embarrassing. Does he really think people aren't aware that a large chunk of it all is theatrics?? Sure many of the face offs themselves down the years have always been theatrical ffs.

I find his 'Don't make me go Ferguson' twitter rants far more cringeworthy as he was being 100% serious.

Hope Wonderboy knocks him spark out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

An accumulator on 3 new champs and kabib winning is only returning €14???

Shocking odds

Gamebred wrote: »
    So a few posts on a mma forum and hes being turned on, the mind boggles.

In fairness its typical, if Conor starts losing people will turn on him. When he lost to Diaz the first time a lot of fans turned on him for a little while but when he got the W back, it was forgotten about. I think Conor will need more than one lose though before fans will turn on him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

The thought never entered my mind. But when you think about it, is it that crazy to see Conor as president (of the UFC)?

"Will Conor McGregor become the next UFC president?"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/12/13581814/ufc-205-mma-news-opinion-editorial-conor-mcgregor-donald-trump-president

• Registered Users Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It says in the description that he is putting up another episode today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Is it that crazy to see Conor as president (of the UFC)?

Yes. Totally crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement