Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm all talk. I'll be in bits later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads i do be a bag of nerves when the music hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Foggy dew = misty eyes and lump in throat

D.Q wrote: »
    Foggy dew = misty eyes and lump in throat

100% and the hairs on me arms stand up

And then the tricolor over the shoulder = something in my eye

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Ireland v Austria- Football 5pm

Ireland v Canada - Rugby 7pm

Cans and food - 9pm-11pm

UFC - 11pm

7pm strictly come dancing
    8pm The X factor
    9pm the extra factor
    10pm im a celebrity
    11pm saturday night with miriam
    12.00 dunno, maybe watch the fights, dunno, im easy, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's everyone doing to kill the time until the fights

Cinema and lots of coffee. Come home around midnight wired to the moon and ready to see history made.

I might crack open a beer when Conor throws his first punch but not before. Alcohol makes me sleepy and so cappuccinos only until 5:30'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nothing like fight day. Slept til 3PM. About to run down the butchers to pick up 4 T-Bones, than to the shops after and pick up crisps, chocolate, a bottle of whiskey, a bag of espresso and a big ol slab of cans.

Gonna have a BBQ around 12.30 just before the undercard, Irish coffees for just before the main card in case anyone is getting sleepy.

It's like Paddy's day except I enjoy myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cinema and lots of coffee. Come home around midnight wired to the moon and ready to see history made.

I might crack open a beer when Conor throws his first punch but not before. Alcohol makes me sleepy and so cappuccinos only until 5:30'ish.

Pete's sitting room at 5am

apu-as-a-hummingbird-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lukker- wrote: »
    A bag of espresso .

What's that?

• Advertisement

price690 wrote: »
    Conor v Khabib is a super fight.

Khabib would beat Alvarez easily.

I don't expect Mcgregor to encounter too many problems with Eddie tonight but Khabib beats Conor 99 times out of 100 unfortunately.

He never looks spectacular but is a fighter who will always nullify his opponent.

Khabib loses tonight

Lukker- wrote:
    Nothing like fight day. Slept til 3PM. About to run down the butchers to pick up 4 T-Bones, than to the shops after and pick up crisps, chocolate, a bottle of whiskey, a bag of espresso and a big ol slab of cans.

I woke at 7am so that's ominous. 21 bottles in the fridge. Pizza , Doritos and peanuts at the ready. Gonna be a great night of fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

No drinking for me tonight so I think I'm going to make a rake of nachos and drink a whole bottle of sprite and a bag of jellies to replace the lost calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on! :D:D

This entire post is gibberish. The Guardian article had nothing to do with "generating any loathing". It was about the fact that, from the author's point of view (one you're entirely free to disagree with), McGregor isn't as entertaining in press conferences, weigh ins etc as so much of his stuff is evidently rehearsed and increasingly devoid of wit. I dunno, perhaps you think repeatedly saying "I don't give a ****" is gas craic altogether.

aw c'mon eager, it wasnt all bad was it? who talks like that, "why that whole thing is gibberish I tell you, erroneous to the point of slander" you're that lad in the HAVAD BA from good will hunting! my contention regarding military mobilisation is blah blah..

I know what the content is etc, I was merely pointing out that it's never any surprise if a UK publication pours cold water on a paddy!! contrarily I agree with the piece in it's form.. so I agree with your point but find your demenour unpalatable... Howya like dem apples!

speaking off the record, I do like buzzin off ye, I will admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads it's gonna be an epic night of fights, it's bein a pleasure reading all your posts and learning from yis, oil be signin off soon as I'm recording the whole card and sittin down with the missus tomorrow afternoon with a heap of bulmers and a stomach churnin with nerves, lookin forward to loggin in here tomorrow night come what may! Commmmme onnnn 😄

Depp wrote: »
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on! :D:D

Haven't drank in 2 months as part of this gym/diet program I'm on. Have 3 lovely IPAs in the fridge just waiting for me the delicious little bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Eight bottles of Hop House 13 chilling in the fridge.

Have to go back into work for a while, but will be home for the first fight.

Hopefully it is a great night of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Is there darts on the telly tonight?

Most off topic comment on this thread?

Yep, grand slam started on sky this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I was actually worried for my heart during the last fight, joe rogan 'he tagged him!' still echoing through my mind!

What a ****in card this is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Effects wrote: »
    What's that?

I think it's like how Canadians have bags of milk

how.gareth wrote:
    Lads it's gonna be an epic night of fights, it's bein a pleasure reading all your posts and learning from yis, oil be signin off soon as I'm recording the whole card and sittin down with the missus tomorrow afternoon with a heap of bulmers and a stomach churnin with nerves, lookin forward to loggin in here tomorrow night come what may! Commmmme onnnn 😄

Good look avoiding whatsapp, viber, texts, Facebook, Twitter, radio, TV, mates, instagram, daylight etc etc

Depp wrote:
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on!

Is that Monster in the fridge?

Depp wrote:
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on!

Is that Monster in the fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Heading to a white collar boxing thing until around 12 and then meeting the lads back at the house for boozing and all the fights. We've done this a few times now so we have the drinking and staying awake timeline down to a tee. Been buzzing for this all damn week delighted it's here.

I'll start to get nervous around the start of the main card and then been pacing up and down the room with a whiskey once the foggy dew starts playing...

Put a 15 Euro accumulator on for the craic as well...returns 600 or so if it comes in. My god is 6 land and it's down to Conor I'll be under the blanket..

Mcgregor
    Romero
    Joanna
    Frankie
    Woodley
    Tate
    Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Haven't drank in 2 months as part of this gym/diet program I'm on. Have 3 lovely IPAs in the fridge just waiting for me the delicious little bastards

I've been the same myself , in a cutting phase but couldn't loose tonight even got myself a whole rack of lamb to enjoy! It's tradition now..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Effects wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »
    A bag of espresso .

What's that?
    Galway slang for cocaine

/S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    aw c'mon eager, it wasnt all bad was it? who talks like that, "why that whole thing is gibberish I tell you, erroneous to the point of slander" you're that lad in the HAVAD BA from good will hunting! my contention regarding military mobilisation is blah blah..

I know what the content is etc, I was merely pointing out that it's never any surprise if a UK publication pours cold water on a paddy!! contrarily I agree with the piece in it's form.. so I agree with your point but find your demenour unpalatable... Howya like dem apples!

speaking off the record, I do like buzzin off ye, I will admit that.

Yes, the Guardian, that famed anti-Paddy rag that has published umpteen articles charting his rise and success, including a fantastic interview with Donald McRae. Why try to create an angle that simply isn't there?

Enjoy your night.

Good look avoiding whatsapp, viber, texts, Facebook, Twitter, radio, TV, mates, instagram, daylight etc etc

I did this with the mendes fight, got up to take a piss and heard cries of yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh ole ole ole from the early house at 6am...

cannot be done in my estimation :D. latest would be download from the bay and watch 2 hours after with an early breakfast maybe.

• Advertisement

Yes, the Guardian, that famed anti-Paddy rag that has published umpteen articles charting his rise and success, including a fantastic interview with Donald McRae. Why try to create an angle that simply isn't there?

Enjoy your night.

well I tip me hat to your knowledge of all things anglophile realted lord mount charles, you truley are a Wikipedia wonder. you should dress down, I'll wear my finest cravat and we'll go bowling...

enjoy the fight's...ohhhh sorry PUGILISM:D... pims on the patio lads, brandy and cigars in the lounge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement