Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Holy jesus.

Just saw more backstage footage from Pendreds instagram.

Conor went off on Tyron....

Quote:

"Get your little camera phone out you p.ussy. You're like a woman with that phone you fkin b1tch"

the camera thing is weird, recording everything like a fangirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Holy jesus.

Just saw more backstage footage from Pendreds instagram.

Conor went off on Tyron....

Quote:

"Get your little camera phone out you p.ussy. You're like a woman with that phone you fkin b1tch"

Video of that here:

https://twitter.com/_youfc/status/797221436716908544

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Depp wrote: »
    the camera thing is weird, recording everything like a fangirl

Weirder that he sold it to TMZ. I've no idea how much they pay but can't be a lot. Mind you i thought Conor would applaud the entrepenurial spirit lol

JohnSBG - you've enough new material from today alone for a new book lol. Hope you're taking notes of all this craziness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Conor looks a bit unstable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He freely admits he lets himself get carried away at every weigh in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Ah stop lol...just mouthing off at people thats all.

To me he looks cranky and in "Us against the world" mood.

Which is brilliant. He performs at his absolute best then.

I'd be more worried if he was floating through the place like UFC 196 rubbing his belly and tucking down Ice Cream Sundaes instead of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Exactly.

That cutting hunger!

Lads is it just me or is Boards seriously acting up the last 36 hours? Are those Russian hackers at it again? I've had more "Database Error" screens and double posts today than i have in a year!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Fan boys are cray, conner acting the complete twat, mink coat haha, calling an interviewer a burn victim, being that tiny fella who only starts **** when a big boys there to hold him back, former welfare bin dipper now classic vulgar new money, 100% if he did not drape a tricolour round his neck and come from Ireland you guys would hate him.

Mod: Dropping in to troll and call fighters 'bin dippers' is a quick way to get yourself banned...cut the nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

gallag wrote: »
    Fan boys are cray, conner acting the complete twat, mink coat haha, calling an interviewer a burn victim, being that tiny fella who only starts **** when a big boys there to hold him back, former welfare bin dipper now classic vulgar new money, 100% if he did not drape a tricolour round his neck and come from Ireland you guys would hate him.

Then why do so many other nations love him?

Cuz he's a character. End of.

Mike Tyson was guilty of far, far worse crimes than buying a mink coat... and look at his fan base!

Lads is it just me or is Boards seriously acting up the last 36 hours? Are those Russian hackers at it again? I've had more "Database Error" screens and double posts today than i have in a year!

Yeah it's been intermittent issues and slow load times, double posts all over the place. Boards personnel say it's mystery behavior that just started happening and they dont know why as they haven't pushed any updates

No changes + sudden lag and timeouts sounds like a doings a transpiring to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I thought the coat was homage to smokin joe,not some fashion statment
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/11/10/3A4396E300000578-0-image-a-115_1478860762339.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Its McGregor - did ye not see what he did to the lights at the weigh in - He is literally fukking everything and everyone up!!

For me, the tricolour got my interest. I like to see Irish people do well. That's a whole other discussion though.....

How do i word this sentence without reminding people i met him in SBG recently :rolleyes: :o

He's a good guy. Beneath all that BS, he's got a good heart - he looks after his friends, family and is generous with his time to fans. Does he say some stupid sh1t at times? Absolutely. We all do!

Above all else he's a seriously exciting fighter to watch. There's a reason Pendred and Aisling and the others didn't get this 'love' and it's not all down to personality.

Tyron Woodley v Robbie Lawler - i encourage anybody to go back and watch that fight. There was almost zero strikes thrown by either man for the first 75 seconds. It was dancing.

After 75 seconds Conor and Nate had thrown over 20 strikes. He's an exciting fighter, a local lad, not perfect but nobody is.

Personally hope he smashes Eddie and at the same time i'm happy Eddie gets his big payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

There will be a marmite reaction to this.

MMA Fighting down their preview show for 205. Takes a minute to even see Ariel in the middle of all the Irish fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For me, the tricolour got my interest. I like to see Irish people do well. That's a whole other discussion though.....

How do i word this sentence without reminding people i met him in SBG recently :rolleyes: :o

He's a good guy. Beneath all that BS, he's got a good heart - he looks after his friends, family and is generous with his time to fans. Does he say some stupid sh1t at times? Absolutely. We all do!

Above all else he's a seriously exciting fighter to watch. There's a reason Pendred and Aisling and the others didn't get this 'love' and it's not all down to personality.

Tyron Woodley v Robbie Lawler - i encourage anybody to go back and watch that fight. There was almost zero strikes thrown by either man for the first 75 seconds. It was dancing.

After 75 seconds Conor and Nate had thrown over 20 strikes. He's an exciting fighter, a local lad, not perfect but nobody is.

Personally hope he smashes Eddie and at the same time i'm happy Eddie gets his big payday.

I'm sorry, but I just had to:

download_image?idsmall=1e0jjq&ext=jpg

:pac:

haha love it :)

Hey i was doing well i hadn't mentioned it in at least 14 minutes :D

Don't think you can say Woodley or Lawler aren't exciting fighters based on a minute of a round. There's plenty of "dancing" in Lawlers fights yet they're some of the best fights I've ever seen.

You want to pick out a minute here or there and you could have Conors running away from Diaz. That's not very exciting. Fighters aren't constantly striking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

.ak wrote: »
    Then why do so many other nations love him?

Cuz he's a character. End of.

Mike Tyson was guilty of far, far worse crimes than buying a mink coat... and look at his fan base!

Do they? Entire nations? And your setting the dislike bar at rape and ear biting?

It's just 7 and a half minutes of noise.

Reminds me of them muppet Irish fans in France at the Euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Ah stop lol...just mouthing off at people thats all.

Nah somethings up with him for sure.... It's clear enough. Put a few € on Alvarez if you have it imo. Conors a good guy beneath all the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Conor has a waze to go before you could consider him unstable

UFC 209 press conference be like:

Incredible how this is the norm for one of our own.

CxBuKLwXUAA7wbX.jpg

What were the weigh in numbers like for a fight back in the day, say liddel v ortiz?

Don't think you can say Woodley or Lawler aren't exciting fighters based on a minute of a round. There's plenty of "dancing" in Lawlers fights yet they're some of the best fights I've ever seen.

You want to pick out a minute here or there and you could have Conors running away from Diaz. That's not very exciting. Fighters aren't constantly striking.

Maybe it got lost in translation.

What I meant to say is Conor doesn't engage in a "feeling out" process at the start of fights. Most fighters do. He goes straight to throwing strikes. He threw spinning kicks right off the bell against Mendes and Poirier and punches against the rest.

It's just that feeling of excitement knowing he's coming out swinging. I didn't mean to say Lawler is boring (obviously). Most fights on the UFC roster you could be making a cup of tea and come in after 1 minute of the first round fairly confident there won't be much happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

former welfare bin dipper now classic vulgar new money, 100% if he did not drape a tricolour round his neck and come from Ireland you guys would hate him.

Bit of unionist hatred of an uppity Irishman spilling out there Gallag? The northeast of Ireland is one giant welfare programme that's underwritten by the British. The British transfer about £10,000 of welfare to every person to working age in the north every year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement