Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Bit of unionist hatred of an uppity Irishman spilling out there Gallag? The northeast of Ireland is one giant welfare programme that's underwritten by the British. The British transfer about £10,000 of welfare to every person to working age in the north every year.

Good point. Personally, i have a problem when people use social welfare as a stick to beat people with. I know a lot of decent, hard-working people who lost their jobs during the recession.

Conor has unreal work ethic for martial arts so i'd be hard pressed to describe him as a scrounger or a lazy bum. It takes thousands of hours to get to be that good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Bit of unionist hatred of an uppity Irishman spilling out there Gallag? The northeast of Ireland is one giant welfare programme that's underwritten by the British. The British transfer about £10,000 of welfare to every person to working age in the north every year.

Awww for **** sake, do you have to take everything there? I love Duffy and was gutted when holohan had to retire, what is it with you? It's some sort of insecurity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

My heart can't take a war, hope for an early ko. Has to be his toughest match yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gamebred wrote: »
    Reminds me of them muppet Irish fans in France at the Euros.

Helwani knows what he's doing with these type of vids.

I still can't believe that the UFC barred him considering how better he promotes the UFC than the UFC itself!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

One rule for the boys in the clique another for everyone else eh ?

Seen as the ban was a site ban and nothing to do with this forum why don't you go ask the mod that unbanned him instead of posting smartarse comments in here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

gallag wrote: »
    It's some sort of insecurity?

If Norman Parke was wrapping himself in the NI Banner and acting the exact same way as CMcG you'd be just as chuffed by it all as I am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

If Norman Parke was wrapping himself in the NI Banner and acting the exact same way as CMcG you'd be just as chuffed by it all as I am.

No, I dislike park because he is boring as ****, you are just a one dimensional twat.

Mod: Already warned you a few minutes ago - now following it with personal abuse. Take some time off seen as you cant follow the rules.

The rest of you there will be a very low tolerance to nonsense this weekend..you have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rusty cole wrote: »
    who gives a ****, im glad, sorry to sound harsh but down that side of the world, NZ & OZ they deserve to put in their place. They actually go out of their way to out do each other in scummy interviews etc, Remember it was a ozzie show who rang that nurse when when kate middleton was in hospital and she neded up killing herself.. ha ha ha very funny joke folks.

fook dem.
    You're off the mark completely. And bringing up that girl who killer herself is beyond crasse. That's what they wanted to happen alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Axwell by guillotine in the 2nd round is my prediction for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Axwell wrote: »
    Seen as the ban was a site ban and nothing to do with this forum why don't you go ask the mod that unbanned him instead of posting smartarse comments in here?

Edit:

I thought I had deleted that post. I guess with the site acting up for whatever reason it didn't delete.

My mistake, for posting it and then accusing you of dragging it up.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My heart can't take a war, hope for an early ko.

*Has to be his toughest match yet*

isn't every fight he makes the toughest yet, i.e. tougher than the last one?

Seeing as that's in bold is it mod instructions ? Who's the mod that removed the ban so I'll go ask ?
    Mods can't site ban people, or undo those bans.
    It was the admins. It's already been posted
    Btw I'm only responding because you're posting deleted posts from yesterday so I assume you want to restart this off topic conversation.

Don't go banning me now after dredging this up again when it didn't need to be....
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gamebred wrote: »
    Incredible how this is the norm for one of our own.

CxBuKLwXUAA7wbX.jpg

How many people turned up
    To watch he pretend to get weighed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Lads is anyone else concerned with Conor having words with all these guys so close to a fight? I know we've seen him go mental at the weigh in before and then refocus but he's now had a go at Woodley twice and Khabib. If this was Eddie we'd be saying he's lost it.

everlast75 wrote: »
    isn't every fight he makes the toughest yet, i.e. tougher than the last one?
    Not always, Porrier was tougher than Siver. Some would have said that Chad was a tougher match up stylistically than Aldo. Others would say Aldo. We'd never know and 13 seconds will bias a lot of views

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Lads is anyone else concerned with Conor having words with all these guys so close to a fight? I know we've seen him go mental at the weigh in before and then refocus but he's now had a go at Woodley twice and Khabib. If this was Eddie we'd be saying he's lost it.

I would tend to agree with you.

But this kind of crazy shenanigans is fairly common to mcgregor, he's a bit mad really.

At least that's what I'm hoping.

He wants to drag it up and carry on with his own smart arse replies then I'll respond.

Yup. Keep digging, that'll do it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I would tend to agree with you.

But this kind of crazy shenanigans is fairly common to mcgregor, he's a bit mad really.

At least that's what I'm hoping.

plus crazy is how he wants to appear. it's part of getting under his opponent's skin, making them think "this crazy f***er won't quit"

Hell bent on provoking a reaction here aint ya ?
    I'm not provoking anything.
    Your the one calling out the mods/admins. Telling them not to drag up previous posts etc.
    I'm just saying it might not be the best line to take. But do whatever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not provoking anything.
    Your the one calling out the mods/admins. Telling them not to drag up previous posts etc.
    I'm just saying it might not be the best line to take. But do whatever you want.

You're right. I shouldn't have posted it. I actually thought I had deleted it and that Axwell was responding to the deleted post bringing it back up.

My mistake sorry.

Yeah I've seen him like that before but directed at his opponent. Lot of distractions this week. Like he said before though, it's probably "the illusion of insanity". Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah but Eddie isn't Conor. You can't expect to judge both of them as the same type of person or mindset based on their actions. They're two very different people. Conor thrives on this confrontation. Eddie may do too, but every pundit under the stars has said Eddie would do well to avoid emotional involvement here as it'll put his head on a stick.

Whether by luck or design, Conor knows it's a social media age. In the space of a couple of hours he had 4 "altercations". The first at the real weigh-ins when he had a stare-down with Woodley. The second on Twitter against Woodley. The third backstage ranting at Woodley. The fourth with Khabib.

All of these little 'incidents' are now on The Mac Life and went MMA-viral on Twitter and most were reported on by MMA media and (also) TMZ and ESPN/Fox.

The net result of all these little tiffs?

1. More views and subscribers to The Mac Life
    2. People talking about Conor fighting for the welterweight title
    3. All of Khabib fans talking about Conor
    4. Boosts the profile of Woodley and Khabib with his own fans
    5. More PPV sales!

I'll stick my neck out and say he's not actually agitated or distracted. I'd say as soon as the cameras stop rolling his first question is "did you get that shot? Put it up".

Ps. Not saying any of the incidents were faked. I just think he's more than happy to get in their faces, knowing it'll be recorded by any number of cameras that follow him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

This Woodley feud is just excessive, he has a fight tomorrow. I'm starting to believe those Gegard Mousasi threats now. Woodley made a comment at the presser and since then Conor has squared up to him back stage twice and gone mad over twitter. It's just a bit ridiculous, the man's insane!

This Woodley feud is just excessive, he has a fight tomorrow. I'm starting to believe those Gegard Mousasi threats now. Woodley made a comment at the presser and since then Conor has squared up to him back stage twice and gone mad over twitter. It's just a bit ridiculous, the man's insane!

In fairness Woodley made a comment at the presser, filmed McGregor constantly on his phone during the presser, sold the footage, bitches about him on twitter and also made out he put Conor in his place backstage at the actual weigh in. So Woodley deserves no sympathy.

I'll stick my neck out and say he's not actually agitated or distracted. I'd say as soon as the cameras stop rolling his first question is "did you get that shot? Put it up".

All good points in the remainder of your post. Well he's some man coz there's not another fighter out there that could manage those distractions and an actual fight . Had to laugh at John during the Khabib altercation. Arms folded. Not a bother. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

In fairness Woodley made a comment at the presser, filmed McGregor constantly on his phone during the presser, sold the footage, bitches about him on twitter and also made out he put Conor in his place backstage at the actual weigh in. So Woodley deserves no sympathy.

Conor said he wanted the WW belt, Woodley responded, Conor said nothing more at the presser. He's since stared him down post weigh in, gone a bit mad on twitter and shouted at him backstage again while Woodley was just standing there. Who cares about filming?

I don't even like Woodley, it's just silly and excessive. Who's he going after next, Weidman? There are people on here who'd probably back him!

• Advertisement

Conor said he wanted the WW belt, Woodley responded, Conor said nothing more at the presser. He's since stared him down post weigh in, gone a bit mad on twitter and shouted at him backstage again while Woodley was just standing there. Who cares about filming?

I dunno. Woodley filming everything Conor did at the presser was a bit weird. But either way, like wonderfullife said, he may not even have a beef with these guys. It's all about the money!
    I don't even like Woodley, it's just silly and excessive. Who's he going after next, Weidman? There are people on here who'd probably back him!

Yeah there are idiots that would back him but any sensible person would know that Woodley is not a match up he should be taking. Weidman on the other hand ;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement