Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

Anyone know anywhere in cork city showing the fight??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    well I tip me hat to your knowledge of all things anglophile realted lord mount charles, you truley are a Wikipedia wonder. you should dress down, I'll wear my finest cravat and we'll go bowling...

enjoy the fight's...ohhhh sorry PUGILISM:D... pims on the patio lads, brandy and cigars in the lounge.

Hilarious, I'm sure.

Hilarious, I'm sure.

what time is david mcwilliams and stephen fry picking you up at?

you can all disect this new UFC culture as a phenomenon. If the rte symphony orchestra runs into a 3rd concierto will you guys miss the pre-lims do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It's like when you used to go on holidays when you were a kid and Mum and Dad fought and you couldn't enjoy yourself. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The Conor McGregor era of the UFC will go down as the most fun, exciting time in the history of the sport.

There's a great saying - "you don't know what you have until it's gone".

Been watching the sport for over a decade. Think i'll do just fine after McG has fooked off on other adventures. He can take the fairweathers and WWE fans with him.

• Advertisement

It's like when you used to go on holidays when you were a kid and Mum and Dad fought and you couldn't enjoy yourself. Lol

ya see swash, i dont even have to expalin it to you, you just get it.. you're all up in the grill where the banter is concerned.. now if we could only get Not too eagerbeaver on board, well hell....We'd all be NEGAN!;)

Hope the reference isnt wasted, surely not swash?? c'mon stick with me til strictly at least. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

bur wrote: »
    Been watching the sport for over a decade. Think i'll do just fine after McG has fooked off on other adventures. He can take the fairweathers and WWE fans with him.

Got visions of Dafyd Thomas saying "I am the only true MMA fan in the country".

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Did Woodley sell his footage to TMZ?

How cheap is that?

da prick id say so.

sure as soon as they ask mcgregor he'll tell yer man to shut de **** up again ha ha ha. that was priceless because it was bang on in terms of it being directed at TMZ.

bur wrote:

Its definitely the most exciting era to be fair. He has broken all records. The mainstream element is a knock on effect. Pros and cons of the sport getting popular.

• Advertisement

bur wrote:

Its definitely the most exciting era to be fair. He has broken all records. The mainstream element is a knock on effect. Pros and cons of the sport getting popular.

well lads I'm off now, its been brilliant getting in amongst yiz coming up to this fight night so I hope we all get the results we want but more so if not, just a savage night of fighting cos this is one peach of a card.

enjoy lads and lasses, genuinely have a great night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

bur wrote: »

3eDJ4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Good look avoiding whatsapp, viber, texts, Facebook, Twitter, radio, TV, mates, instagram, daylight etc etc

Ah I'm an ancient 40 year old with boards.ie my only social media thingy who just got half pissed watching the lads in Austria do us proud and hoping the rugby folks in the aviva do the same then it's phone powered off till the fighting is all watched tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im working till 3.30. Luckily we're showing it in work after. Huge projector screen. Rake of 4 star pizza. Some staff drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im working till 3.30. Luckily we're showing it in work after. Huge projector screen. Rake of 4 star pizza. Some staff drinks.

I will be disconnecting from the Internet until 12 tomorrow
    Recording this one, **** staying up tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Eatmore wrote: »
    Did Woodley sell his footage to TMZ?

How cheap is that?

screen696x696.jpeg

Not quite the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Flight Mode will never have been a more important function on a phone than tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Not exactly the same but maybe Woodley is just making a buck any way he can, while he can. He might not be champ for much longer.

• Company Representative Posts: 64 Verified rep JohnSBG

Ps. Not saying any of the incidents were faked. I just think he's more than happy to get in their faces, knowing it'll be recorded by any number of cameras that follow him around.

You guys just haven't seen all the times its happened when there's no cameras, just now we're followed all the time.

This is no act.

...but dont think for a moment it has any effect on tonight. When the ref says fight all the build up fades away. Everything else disappears into silence and you're left with 2 well prepared fighters who, being honest, are much less effected by anything that went on this week than the Internet psychologists would have you believe.

Anyway enjoy the fight guys. This is the best type of fight. Both fighters in their prime and both truly believe they are far superior than their opponent. Its a rare type of match up in MMA and almost never happens in boxing anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If there's an mma god he gives us Wonderboy highlight reel wheel kick finish and a Conor counter left hand sleeping Eddie, I promise I will go to church tomorrow if you deliver me this mma lord.

JohnSBG wrote: »
    You guys just haven't seen all the times its happened when there's no cameras, just now we're followed all the time.

This is no act.

...but dont think for a moment it has any effect on tonight. When the ref says fight all the build up fades away. Everything else disappears into silence and you're left with 2 well prepared fighters who, being honest, are much less effected by anything that went on this week than the Internet psychologists would have you believe.

Anyway enjoy the fight guys. This is the best type of fight. Both fighters in their prime and both truly believe they are far superior than their opponent. Its a rare type of match up in MMA and almost never happens in boxing anymore.

How do you manage to just chill arms-folded like a boss when Khabib and Tyron are going at it with Conor lol.

That's Artem level of boss!

Big John is reffing the Main Event than god!

Nothing against Herb Dean whatsoever but after seeing Owen's VLOG from 202 i just think John is the best in the business for the big occasion. Herb can be a little trigger happy with stoppages sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The Illusion Of Insanity is Over

WAR McGregor

giphy.gif

First time an Irish team beat the All Blacks.

First time Irish soccer team wins in Austria.

This is all shaping up nicely.......

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

First time an Irish team beat the All Blacks.

First time Irish soccer team wins in Austria.

This is all shaping up nicely.......

didn't like your post in case I jinx it :o

• Advertisement

zeroliner wrote: »
    didn't like your post in case I jinx it :o

"Superstition is another word for fear" - Conor McGregor, Nov 2016

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement