Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm not a frequent Emmerdale watcher but would I be wrong in thinking that it was Ashley driving the blue Ford Focus that was driving erratically and he crashed into them on the wrong side of the dual carriageway way?

Noone knows as it is "off camera" as of yet.............................
    but yes it is!, well it is Laurel's car I think but he gets confused in the christening and drives off I think and then has another mini stroke
    He causes a big car pileup on the bridge and it collapses

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

Not a regular. Thought it was OK. Obviously a bit contrived to fit into the big week narrative.

What I don't get as credible is Robert's backstory. From memory Jack Sudden would not have battered anyone for those reasons. Would have been far more believable if it were just severe regret at not having had the chance to tell him.

Having seen the spoilers I see where it may all be going. Don't see them killing either of them off but how they explain the lad in the boot is a mystery.

Could have an Xmas wedding, they love that stuff, unless one of them is dead.v

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Aww I really hope Aaron and Robert will be ok. I really want them to live happily ever after together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    Aww I really hope Aaron and Robert will be ok. I really want them to live happily ever after together.
    Aaron is the biggest cry baby out of all the soaps. The menthol strips must be killing his eyes at this stage. Robert is a horrible two faced evil individual who has no scruples and is money mad. Yeah they will get on fine together.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,542 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lachlan has an unhealthy fix on his auntie Rebecca
    who is Lawrence's biological daughter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hopefully Lachlan is dead and Chrissie is attached to the underside of the car following them and Joanie swims out to save them and also drowns and Rakesh falls into one of the graves and gets buried alive, then Pierce gets blamed for Rakesh's mystery disappearance and gets locked up never to be seen again.

Who else can we get rid of this week?

Cain and Charity prepare to set off for their new life together but Charity is left broken when Cain has a change of heart and tells her he can’t go after all. Devastated, Charity revs the engine of the car as it stands on the edge of a cliff and when police tell Cain it’s at the bottom of the lake, the Dingles are rocked to the core

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Great episode, got such a fright at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Emmerdale FB posted a pic of
    Pearse and Paddy with blood on theird hands after finding out Rhiona lied about the play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Quite disappointing mostly last night. At times it really seemed like they were trying to drag it out to fill the time. The exchange between Paddy and Robert was very good though, real understated but oh so bitter and believable. Unlike a lot of the other stuff.

Didn't like Jack's character being blackened, no need of it at all. Couldn't Robert have just said that his conflicted sexuality made him try to prove his was a 'real man' and supress his attraction to men. This led to his affair with Katie and the feud with Andy and to him generally being a nasty person (trying to prove he was a 'real' man and that he had power and control and he could have any woman he wanted etc, etc). No need for revisionism.

Lachlan must be in line the 'most kidnapped character in a soap' award.

The scenes in the car were very like the time of Gennie's death.

As to who will exit, I can guarantee you it won't be a Dingle. First rule of Emmerdale is that no matter what they survive, unless they are only married to a Dingle like Sam's wife or a recently discovered Dingle like Gennie or reaching their sell by date like Shadrach.

• Advertisement

Must say I thought the way emmerdale finished last night was absolutely brilliant. Wasn't expecting that at all. Made me jump. !.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Lachlan kicks the boot of car once when police officer arrived and then stopped when Aaron hit boot a slap:rolleyes:
    You'd imagine he'd be able to muster up the energy to make a bit more noise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I hate those "driving scenes" on a low loader or in studio that look un-realistic. Did Aaron look out the windscreen at all?

Bit of a sh!tstorm on Twitter over sullying Jack's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I really enjoyed it, love Robert and Aaron!

feardeas wrote: »
    Not a regular. Thought it was OK. Obviously a bit contrived to fit into the big week narrative.

What I don't get as credible is Robert's backstory. From memory Jack Sudden would not have battered anyone for those reasons. Would have been far more believable if it were just severe regret at not having had the chance to tell him.

Having seen the spoilers I see where it may all be going. Don't see them killing either of them off but how they explain the lad in the boot is a mystery.

Could have an Xmas wedding, they love that stuff, unless one of them is dead.v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBEMCAsY58

Jack punches Robert

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Jack was a monster.

Poor ickle innocent Woburt.......

To be fair, I think that script may have been written in a way that it was depicting Robert lying to Aaron about his past to manipulate the situation in his favour.
    The character is a compulsive liar and uses lies to his favour.

Saying that the writer of the episode last night (who writes most of the material for these 2 characters) seems to be a bit of an obsessed member of the "RobRon" cult so living in the fanfiction land has made up her own retrospective backstories to suit the characters (ie Gordon abuse and now the Jack abuse).
    I never knew this was a thing but apparently their is a cult following of their relationship with hundreds of sites devoted to them and your that wrote the episode has her own website, has a "Robert and Aaron" online magazine and makes these figure things of them, calenders, t shirts!

It is bloody mental!

type RobRon into google. Some scarily obsessive material!!

robron-4.png?w=620&h=598&crop=1

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/robron

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Weird that Robert told Aaron that when he was 15 he would blow the farm help in his bedroom. I dunno what that was all about.
    Funny episode, it was shot differently too, like a cheap flick. I dunno what Locky only banged once on boot of car when police man was there. Just one bang and then nothing for 1 min.

fin12 wrote: »

I doubt RobRon is being killed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Hopefully Lachlan is dead and Chrissie is attached to the underside of the car following them and Joanie swims out to save them and also drowns and Rakesh falls into one of the graves and gets buried alive, then Pierce gets blamed for Rakesh's mystery disappearance and gets locked up never to be seen again.

Who else can we get rid of this week?

The soap gods will probably strike me down for this but I wouldn't mind the Barton going with them. Oh...and the current Charity, because whoever the desperate hag is hanging out of Can sure ain't her.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I think that script may have been written in a way that it was depicting Robert lying to Aaron about his past to manipulate the situation in his favour.
    The character is a compulsive liar and uses lies to his favour.

Saying that the writer of the episode last night (who writes most of the material for these 2 characters) seems to be a bit of an obsessed member of the "RobRon" cult so living in the fanfiction land has made up her own retrospective backstories to suit the characters (ie Gordon abuse and now the Jack abuse).
    I never knew this was a thing but apparently their is a cult following of their relationship with hundreds of sites devoted to them and your that wrote the episode has her own website, has a "Robert and Aaron" online magazine and makes these figure things of them, calenders, t shirts!

It is bloody mental!

type RobRon into google. Some scarily obsessive material!!

robron-4.png?w=620&h=598&crop=1

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/robron
    Omg. Weird or what. I thought it was a joke until I went into the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Radio5 wrote: »
    As to who will exit, I can guarantee you it won't be a Dingle. First rule of Emmerdale is that no matter what they survive, unless they are only married to a Dingle like Sam's wife or a recently discovered Dingle like Gennie or reaching their sell by date like Shadrach.

Eh, they killed off two of Zak's sons Ben (granted he only appeared in 1 episode and was only introduced to be killed off, which is the reason the rest of the Dingles come into it) and Butch was killed off at the height of the Dingle Clan's popularity in 2000 - then again Cain, Charity and Shadrach were introduced at Butch's funeral, so maybe there was method to that madness.

Maybe that's how they're bring Faith (Cain and Chas's Mam) into it - someone's funeral... Her grandson maybe? :eek:

I hope not, they'd be mad to kill off Aaron, unless the actor was leaving and didn't want them to leave the door open for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I doubt RobRon is being killed off

I don't know, isn't another Emmerdale character supposed to die, I'm thinking it's now between Robert and James.

Well that's 15 minutes of my life I will never get back again. What a load of c-ap so far.

Well that's 15 minutes of my life I will never get back again. What a load of c-ap so far.

HAVE YOU BEEN IN THOSE WOODS? !!

Damn . Should have known from last night. Jumped out of my skin yet again. I will be well prepared for tomorrow nights episode.

When you pause when Rhona screams it shows the frontal view, which is a clear road, no cars. It's a millisecond on tv .
    It's a foggy image to make sure it's to fast for the eye, but we can pause now .
    On road it says slow . There is a road sign to left and cars 12 lengths ahead. What is missing is this so called head on collision as there is no car about to collide with them.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, reckon Jack Sugden is behind all this carnage.

Nasty bu**er

220px-Jack_Sugden_1980.jpg

So it's clear that its Robron that is about to collide with Paddona
    Unless Rhona is screaming at a crash just ahead.

• Advertisement

So it's clear that its Robron that is about to collide with Paddona
    Unless Rhona is screaming at a crash just ahead.

eh, there was a car in front of them turned over that they were about to collide into. Thats why she screamed. Either Ashleys or Aarons. It was blue. Apparently Ashley is the one who causes the pile up so they all crash into each other. I'd say Aarons car swerves to avoid and ends up in the lake. Thats why he is underwater.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement