Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Father Ted quotes die?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

People are still quoting Shakespeare, at the time I'm sure there were people sick of hearing "in a pickle", "eaten you out of house and home" or "Mums the word" but they continue to be used today nearly 500 years since Shakespeare lived.

Now I'm not saying Father Ted is Shakespeare, but phrases from entertainment have been used in everyday situations for centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

People still quote the simpsons, which to most fans also ended in the 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

" Just play the f*cking note"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I hate Father Ted. I never liked anything to do with it and the constant badgering about it is insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I hate Father Ted. I never liked anything to do with it and the constant badgering about it is insufferable.

I want to shower you with sugar lumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Arghus wrote: »
    I want to shower you with sugar lumps.

If that's another reference, you're dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

mewe wrote: »
    " Just play the f*cking note"!

"The first one or the second one?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭dodzy

Georgie Burgess from the Snapper aka Pat Mustard the milkman. The "speed" episode. Sidesplitting stuff & truly unforgettable. He wants to put his big tool in Mrs.Doyle's box........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

People are still quoting Shakespeare, at the time I'm sure there were people sick of hearing "in a pickle", "eaten you out of house and home" or "Mums the word" but they continue to be used today nearly 500 years since Shakespeare lived.

Now I'm not saying Father Ted is Shakespeare, but phrases from entertainment have been used in everyday situations for centuries.

"To be or not to be....that would be an ecumenical matter"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

ahlookit wrote: »

Winter is Coming.

Who's up for a Father Ted/Game of Thrones crossover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

maudgonner wrote: »
    Winter is Coming.

Who's up for a Father Ted/Game of Thrones crossover?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lutp6eKqY51r33rbuo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Jaysus lads, this being Ireland, never was there a more apt quote coined (finar, finar):

"That money was only resting in my account!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It would be worse if people where going around quoting Mrs Browns Boys

That would be the end of the world. Jesus. The horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

The quotes are fairly packed in here...
    like peas in a pub, Ted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Now to ride Mrs O Reilly (Pat Mustard)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Standing there with his lad in his hand, waiting for you to degrade yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I really shouldn't be here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Rawr

Careful now with all these quotes lads,

We don't want a repeat of the Sealink Incident to we?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Why is it always the good ones? You B*STARD! (shakes fist to Heaven) He could've been Shakespeare! No no no, he's dead Ted awww we'll never see him again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

mansize wrote: »
    Yeah I don't like the sheep episode so much

Maybe you just don't like sheep, ya fupping weirdo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

He did kick me up the arse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Loved father Ted at the time, and yeah a lot of gold quotes came out if it, but for the past ten years now it's just tiresome and to me, anyone who says a father Ted quote to me I just laugh of course but inside I'm thinking 'ya not watch anything else funny in the past 20 odd years no?'

Quote IT Crowd or something instead, ah yes, not as many people watched that.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Loved father Ted at the time, and yeah a lot of gold quotes came out if it, but for the past ten years now it's just tiresome and to me, anyone who says a father Ted quote to me I just laugh of course but inside I'm thinking 'ya not watch anything else funny in the past 20 odd years no?'

Quote IT Crowd or something instead, ah yes, not as many people watched that.

Tried to watch the IT Crowd last week or the week before, cringed for the entire episode! Honestly don't think I laughed once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Tried to watch the IT Crowd last week or the week before, cringed for the entire episode! Honestly don't think I laughed once!

For someone who likes father Ted to say that honestly makes less than zero sense to me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I suggest after watching a bit, you turn it off for a while and when you have given the joke enough time to sink in, turn it on again and it will seem a lot funnier.
    Of course this is really only effective if you are well up on high technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Right Dougal, I know this is a bit of a long shot but I'm going to leave this pen and a piece of paper here and in the morning hopefully God will have written down what we should do"

"That is a long shot alright Ted"

---MORNING---

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

"What's the matter Ted? Did God write down what we're supposed to do?"

"NO! Bollocks anyway"

Advertisement