Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Father Ted quotes die?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I watched one the other evening and I became aware that I wasn't laughing. It was the Chris the Sheep episode.

The only dud in the series perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched one the other evening and I became aware that I wasn't laughing. It was the Chris the Sheep episode.

no way. that episode is hilarious.

It has magnets on its tail, so "if you're made out of metal, it can attach itself to you"

It has a retractable leg so it "can leap up at you better"

It has a tremendous fear of stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Have ye still...have ye still got the big 'aul hairy arse Ted?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. Your voice is just so boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The quotes are still coming - I don't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

What? F***ing Hell!

It has four ears, two for listening and two "are sort of back-up ears". Some might be on the inside of its head

It has no mouth, but instead has four arses

Its yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Fúcking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

It would be worse if people where going around quoting Mrs Browns Boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Anything to be said for another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"Sheep like all wool braring animals instinctively travel north, where it's colder and they won't be so stuffy."

I'd have to put the King of the Sheep episode in my top three. It's beyond surreal even by the standards of the show, with so many brilliant moments.

A very subtle quote that often gets overlooked: Ted is bigging up to Fargo Boyle how peaceful and quiet the parochial house will be for Chris's stay, Jack then loudly falls down the stairs, taking every bannister with him on the way down. Ted turns to Fargo and, completely deadpan -

"It would be an insult to you if I finished that sentence."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

This thread is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

I get it. It was a great show. But it ended in 1998.

Do we have to wait for every single Irish person born in the 1970-80s to die before we can be freed from the shackles of hearing the same quotes over and over and over again?

Yes, I do realise that many responses to this post will include Father Ted quotes. Well done, lads.

That's mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Ted: I think it might work, Dougal. I know it'll work. It will work.
    Dougal: It won't work, will it Ted?
    Ted: ...It won't, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Arghus wrote: »
    "Sheep like all wool braring animals instinctively travel north, where it's colder and they won't be so stuffy."

I'd have to put the King of the Sheep episode in my top three. It's beyond surreal even by the standards of the show, with so many brilliant moments.

A very subtle quote that often gets overlooked: Ted is bigging up to Fargo Boyle how peaceful and quiet the parochial house will be for Chris's stay, Jack then loudly falls down the stairs, taking every bannister with him on the way down. Ted turns to Fargo and, completely deadpan -

"It would be an insult to you if I finished that sentence."

Here's a bit of trivia for you Arghus. Fargo Boyle is played by the real-life husband of Mary from Glenroe.

Well holy God/Fúckin hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Do we have to wait for every single Irish person born in the 1970-80s to die before we can be freed from the shackles of hearing the same quotes over and over and over again?

Yes, I do realise that many responses to this post will include Father Ted quotes. Well done, lads.

If Life of Brian is anything to go by, it'll take a bit of time yet, Bignose!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

More Ted trivia ... the priest with the boring voice in A Christmassy Ted was on the cover of the single of "How soon is now"

https://www.discogs.com/Smiths-How-Soon-Is-Now/release/372700

Thats mad Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

What about some love for John and Mary:

Mary: Tit face! You've got a face like a pair of tits!
    John: At least that's one pair between us!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fúcking hell!

the voice of graham linehan if i'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

A shower of bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How dare you.

I made the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

You have used two inches of sticky tape, God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Enjoy..

Ted: You were a priest why did you have to take his clothes?

Todd Unctuous: I dunno... it was going that way.

That joke used to fly over my head when I was a kid.

Father Fitzpatrick: And this is the last known photo of Herr Hitler; he's signing a few death warrants there.
    Ted: Funny how you get more right-wing as you get older!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Are those my feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Hi my name is Fr Ted hahahahshah

For me that would be one of my least favourite episodes. I love Father Ted and I think all the episodes are funny, but that would be one of the last I'd choose to watch (reluctant to say definitively the worst episode though!). In particular, I never found the
    "f-king hell" thing funny at all but that seems to be the most quoted bit of the episode. Choosing my favourite episode or even top 3 is a lot tougher - possibly Henry sellers, lent and pat mustard episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yeah I don't like the sheep episode so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Caravan Holiday #1

Advertisement