Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Father Ted quotes die?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ride me sideways was another one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

This Fr Ted quoting thing isn't endemic in Irish Society, it's purely a boards thing from what I can tell, as it's the only place I encounter references to the show these days.
    Wrecks my head, do the quoters actually think it's funny? Or this other thing where they just call people "Ted" randomly, like, "I wouldn't know about that now Ted" or something. WTF is that all about?

Looking forward to someone quoting my response here and responding with a Fr Ted quote HAHAHAHAH THATS AN ECUMANICAL MATTER LOLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

This Fr Ted quoting thing isn't endemic in Irish Society, it's purely a boards thing from what I can tell, as it's the only place I encounter references to the show these days.
    Wrecks my head

Somebody is a moaning Michael today!

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Somebody is a moaning Michael today!

So is that something from the Fr Ted show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

People have been predicting the demise of Father Ted quotes for at least 10 years. We're still waiting.

Like others have said, it's popularity might have declined if any other Irish show had been one tenth as funny but none has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

This Fr Ted quoting thing isn't endemic in Irish Society, it's purely a boards thing from what I can tell

That's utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So is that something from the Fr Ted show?

Its a quote the from the priest that Graham Norton played.

That's utter nonsense.

Is this another quote? Anyway, are you telling me people in your work, your family etc are constantly referring to this TV program?

Its a quote the from the priest that Graham Norton played.

ok. Can we perhaps have HTML tagging or something for Fr Ted quotes? I can't tell if something is a quote or not. I've probably seen all episodes but maybe 20 years ago at this stage so I can't remember every single one of them like other boards members.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Is this another quote? Anyway, are you telling me people in your work, your family etc are constantly referring to this TV program?

Careful now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

I suppose they will never die if people keep starting threads about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Wrecks my head, do the quoters actually think it's funny? Or this other thing where they just call people "Ted" randomly, like, "I wouldn't know about that now Ted" or something. WTF is that all about?

Looking forward to someone quoting my response here and responding with a Fr Ted quote HAHAHAHAH THATS AN ECUMANICAL MATTER LOLOL

WILL YOU SHUT UP

WILL YOU

WILL YOU SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

You said Boards is "the only place I encounter references to the show these days."

Rubbish. I hear it all the time.

I am putting you on my list of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Lots of Irish flags at the euros had Fr Ted quotes plastered on to them, i'd say there was about 17 million of them out there. Maybe all boards users of course

HAH ONLY JOKING!

(I really like Dr Crayfish!)

You said Boards is "the only place I encounter references to the show these days."

Rubbish. I hear it all the time.

You are going on my enemies list.

Where do you hear people quoting the show all the time!???!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ok. Can we perhaps have HTML tagging or something for Fr Ted quotes? I can't tell if something is a quote or not. I've probably seen all episodes but maybe 20 years ago at this stage so I can't remember every single one of them like other boards members.

its a thread about Father Ted quotes. its pretty much all father ted quotes. well apart from this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

I run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas and save €200 a year

Where do you hear people quoting the show all the time!???!

Everywhere. I even hear children quoting it because of the re-runs.

I don't beleeeeeeeeeve it!

I am sorry chief, it will never end.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Everywhere. I even hear children quoting it because of the re-runs.

I am sorry chief, it will never end.

Channel 4's 4OD have the whole lot in a boxset and do still advertise it and encourage people to watch it, they insert new ad's inbetween the breaks so they're still making money from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Here's a "Father Ted" quote.

See wot I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Watched Ted's Golden Cleric awards speech about 10 times last night

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

"Don't call me Len, you little prick! I'm a bishop!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lets be honest as long as theres a Rose of Tralee there will be people quoting from the lovely girls competition episode

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I cant be the only one: I often think about/ replay in my head, jokes I have heard or funny quotes or interesting conversation I have had, years ago I had a tape of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore that I wore out I listened to so much and every time it make me laugh despite having played it so many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Ah get up the yard ! (Benjy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

.. Feckin Greeks ..

A child has been lodged in the Tunnel of Goats… If a nurse could please come to the Tunnel of Goats… A goat and a child have now become lodged together, and a nurse has become involved in the incident… Another nurse is required to remove the nurse mentioned previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Just people being light-hearted...they probably don't imagine it's ruining your whole day.

• Advertisement

dp

Advertisement