Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Father Ted quotes die?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

wil wrote: »
    I suggest after watching a bit, you turn it off for a while and when you have given the joke enough time to sink in, turn it on again and it will seem a lot funnier.
    Of course this is really only effective if you are well up on high technology.

"now hold on one moment , sugar tits" Doughlas Reynholm is hillarious.

Check out the one where is falls in love with a girl who was born a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lt Dan wrote: »
    "now hold on one moment , sugar tits" Doughlas Reynholm is hillarious.

Check out the one where is falls in love with a girl who was born a man.
    One of my favourite bits was right in the pilot. I was one of the few who preferred Chris Morris as Reynholm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It's always Fr. Ted, Ted, Ted.

I made that show. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Look at him there all sweetness and light. He wasn't like that last night when he crept into bed at ten past the eleven!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It's always Fr. Ted, Ted, Ted.

I made that show. :mad:

Shuuur you did :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

*Dougal looks out window*
    *Sees a hurricane*
    "Looks like rain, Ted."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

And now...we move onto liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

WAIT A MINUET, THOSE ARE FAKE HANDS!

I get it. It was a great show. But it ended in 1998.

Do we have to wait for every single Irish person born in the 1970-80s to die before we can be freed from the shackles of hearing the same quotes over and over and over again?

Yes, I do realise that many responses to this post will include Father Ted quotes. Well done, lads.

Hate to disappoint you. But I work for a large US multinational (I'm Irish) Our team have a 'rule' that when you join the team you have to watch all the Fr Teds (In your own time in the evening of course!). So we now have Chinese, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Italian etc all firm fans.

So ...sorry, its not just the Irish people of a certain age you need to die off.

Oh and my kids, born in the noughties, adore it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hopefully. It was a very overrated show.

Black Books was way funnier imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

All these quotes were just resting in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Fr Stone has been in there a long time, do you think he's dead?
    They're probably doing tests.
    What kind of tests - general knowledge?
    No, no. Medical tests.
    Sure what we he know about that, Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

In the episode with the over 75's 5-a-side soccer, commenting on how well Jack was playing

"That's right, sher didn't you tell me Jack had trials in Liverpool"

"No no Dougal, I said he was ON trial IN Liverpool"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hate to disappoint you. But I work for a large US multinational (I'm Irish) Our team have a 'rule' that when you join the team you have to watch all the Fr Teds (In your own time in the evening of course!). So we now have Chinese, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Italian etc all firm fans.

So ...sorry, its not just the Irish people of a certain age you need to die off.

Oh and my kids, born in the noughties, adore it as well.

Jesus! Seriously?

Sounds like hell for all those Chinese, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Italian etc people! Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

pragmatic1 wrote:
    Black Books was way funnier imo.

That's was some bucket of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That's was some bucket of sh1t.

You take that back, AA!

Maybe it was a tiny bit too sarcastic... Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

So. How's the son?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

TheBiz wrote: »
    So. How's the son?

The son of God? He's grand I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I get it. It was a great show. But it ended in 1998.

Do we have to wait for every single Irish person born in the 1970-80s to die before we can be freed from the shackles of hearing the same quotes over and over and over again?

Yes, I do realise that many responses to this post will include Father Ted quotes. Well done, lads.

DAMN YOU, FATHER DICK BYRNE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

"ah not atall, Billy`s is rounder at the top"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Billy86 wrote: »
    For someone who likes father Ted to say that honestly makes less than zero sense to me. :p

Why? They're very different shows. And The IT Crowd is missing half of the Father Ted team so it's going to have a different feel because of that. I love Father Ted but simply don't really care for the IT Crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Jesus! Seriously?

Sounds like hell for all those Chinese, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Italian etc people! Why?

I know, right? I mean, I love my Father Ted but giving your work team TV homework? (or even just jokingly putting pressure on them to watch it) Yuck! I would haaaattte that if I rocked up to a different country to work. Plus, I don't really care if people from other countries like it or not, or if they never see it. Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Eventually every line said in Fr Ted will have been said on this thread, if not already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

GerB40 wrote:
    Eventually every line said in Fr Ted will have been said on this thread, if not already..

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No, I'm Elvis!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,249 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Jesus! Seriously?

Ah the Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

For me that would be one of my least favourite episodes. I love Father Ted and I think all the episodes are funny, but that would be one of the last I'd choose to watch (reluctant to say definitively the worst episode though!). In particular, I never found the
    "f-king hell" thing funny at all
    but that seems to be the most quoted bit of the episode. Choosing my favourite episode or even top 3 is a lot tougher - possibly Henry sellers, lent and pat mustard episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Father Ted: Ah, Sister Assumpta.
    Sister Assumpta: Hello Father.
    Father Ted: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?
    Father Dougal: Er, no.
    Father Ted: She was here last year. And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do. And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal.
    [Dougal shakes his head.]
    Sister Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you. And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?
    Father Ted: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter. When you fell out of the helicopter. Over the zoo. Do you remember the tigers?
    [Dougal shakes his head some more.]
    Father Ted: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.
    Father Dougal: Ah, Sister Assumpta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

How come all the rocks are different sizes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Elliott S wrote: »
    Why? They're very different shows. And The IT Crowd is missing half of the Father Ted team so it's going to have a different feel because of that. I love Father Ted but simply don't really care for the IT Crowd.

I think the 'Less than zero sense' aspect is referring to the IT Crowd being a funnier, better written and delivered show that stands up better to a re-watch.

Advertisement