Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Hope they have more creativity now to make the film that the original only hinted at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Filming officially started now.... James Gunn tweeted a pic of the gang;
    https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/699956736636026880/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

LOL, love the mini Groot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Kurt Russell has joined the cast aswell.... i wonder who he might be... :D

Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The latest addition is Elizabeth Debicki, the tall Austalian actress from The Great Gatsby and The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and who is currently starring in The Night Manager on BBC with Hugh Laurie and certain Tom Hiddleston. So far, there's only speculation about her character.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonder if Deadpool will bump up the violence, if the script is done it prolly wont head to darker themes from the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some slightly spoilery casting news here. Is Ms. Debicki, at only 6'2", tall enough to play
    Ayesha
    ?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Assuming that Bautista's character dies in #2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Assuming that Bautista's character dies in #2?

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pratt wrapped yesterday it's the last week of principal filming that tweet was just the first hint of that to be released.

Why?

The way it was phrased, "I'll miss you, buddy", as if we wouldn't be seeing him in future installments.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The way it was phrased, "I'll miss you, buddy", as if we wouldn't be seeing him in future installments.

More likely James Gunn won't see him for a while, they'd hardly give something like a major character death away like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He said 'Whew'? Clearly an unhappy director who didn't enjoy the shoot. I doubt he'll be back for Vol 3. 😜

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some concept art was released:

gge2s1g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

I cant wait for this..

Are we to assume that we see Thanos attack the Nova Corps for the Power Gem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tefral wrote: »
    I cant wait for this..

Are we to assume that we see Thanos attack the Nova Corps for the Power Gem?

James Gunn has confirmed that
    Thanos will not appear in this movie at all

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd imagine the next time we see Thanos will be Thor: Ragnarok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine the next time we see Thanos will be Thor: Ragnarok.

Yeah maybe you're right.. I really hope they do him justice.. the MCU hasn't been doing well with the Villains bar Loki so far...

Are we allowed speculate here if you are a comic reader before i go further?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Logo
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-191928.jpg

Kurt Russel is playing Ego the Living Planet who is also
    Star Lord's Father

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-kurt-russell-will-play-ego-star-lords-dad-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-2016

Sylvester Stallone will be in the movie in unknown role
    http://comicbook.com/2016/07/24/sylvester-stallone-confirmed-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

Elizabeth Debicki ("The Great Gatsby") will play the cosmic Marvel Comics character Ayesha, AKA Kismet

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2s-elizabeth-debicki-confirmed-to-play-ayesha

Description of what happens in trailer and clips shown
    http://comicbook.com/2016/07/24/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-footage-shown-at-san-diego-comic-c/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Of all the ComicCon panels I wanted a trailer from..! :(

Basq wrote: »
    Of all the ComicCon panels I wanted a trailer from..! :(

Yeah it would've been nice to see something from the film, but we're not getting anything anytime soon according to James Gunn - his reasoning is fair enough though...
    “Of course, I want to share everything with you guys, it’s important to me to be able to do that. But here’s the thing: the footage we released at Comic-Con will eventually be seen by the public but in a more finished form. It’s very early days, we’ve only been stopped shooting for a month… The visual effects are not finished. I am a perfectionist. People who follow me know that everything needs to be exactly how I want it to be to be seen in a film, so that it stands up to repeated viewings. And the truth is this Comic-Con footage… it’s not something that I nor Marvel are comfortable with being out there and standing up to repeated viewings. The visual effects just aren’t finished. If I do something, I want to do it 100% correctly. However, to sit in the audience one time with an excited crowd and show them an in-progress piece of film, it’s a different story.”

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump!

Teaser trailer!

Very... "teasery!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Supposedly a longer trailer will drop between now and when DR. Strange is out so hopefully they keep it teasery and not too much is given away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That was an example of a great trailer showed absolutely **** all of the plot and showed the tone which is the same as the last one and had a few nice little moments in there ...Yep im psyched

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cant wait.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Teaser poster too ... obviously

guardiansofthegalaxy2-teaserposter-full-highquality-700x1037.jpg

Advertisement