Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 9 "Battle of the Bastards" - Speculation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

GerB40 wrote: »
    More to the point, they look difficult to get behind...
    Get behind even a couple and then watch as they try to turn around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wun Wun won't be long kicking a dozen holes in their little shield wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

J. Marston wrote:

I've really wanted to see then mountain go on a rampage ..it hasn't happened yet.

Hopefully we will see wun wun knock seveb shades not ****e out of these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 G.Ames

bnt wrote: »
    One website I saw today raised an interesting possibility: now that Riverrun has been taken, Jamie may head back to King's Landing (despite being banished by Tommen), and may get there in time for Cersei's trial. At that point he may learn that she cheated on him with Lancel, leading to a rift between them. I'd go so far as to say that possibility has been foreshadowed by his intense declarations of undying love for her ... setting him up for some serious disappointment.

This possibility would be great, so Jamie will switch his mind and will hopefully retire himself from Cersei, so he can find his way again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've really wanted to see then mountain go on a rampage ..it hasn't happened yet.

Hopefully we will see wun wun knock seveb shades not ****e out of these lads.

I'd say we'll see him run amok then key change in the music as the sheer number of enemies means one of them can slash the back of his knee. He'll go down fighting and squish some heads as he breaths his last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't wait for Sunday night battle of the bustards on Father's Day they couldn't have planned it better

Can't wait for Sunday night battle of the bustards on Father's Day they couldn't have planned it better
    Unless you're in the US, it'll be Monday morning at the earliest :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The bolton army uses tactics and weaponry similar to the early roman republic. How have they not conquered all of westeros yet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Those shields look like they could be difficult to fight behind.

The shield wall is basically used to keep pushing the other side back till they break formation and (usually) run away. Which is why it was so effective. Basically it was like a tank rolling over infantry.

The shield wall is basically used to keep pushing the other side back till they break formation and (usually) run away. Which is why it was so effective. Basically it was like a tank rolling over infantry.
    I'm just talking about those particular shields. They're far too tall. The Roman shield was shorter, allowing the soldier behind it a view of proceedings and allowing them to pick their targets. Once you get past those spear points, that shield is useless and a hindrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

so pumped for this episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If this doesn't wet your appetite nothing will;

https://youtu.be/rHlN3ur8ilg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The bolton army uses tactics and weaponry similar to the early roman republic. How have they not conquered all of westeros yet?
    The Lannister's, Baratheon's, Tyrell's and others have heavy cavalry, war machines etc. They don't fight like the Wildlings and are more disciplined.

A rumour has sprung up that Espisode 9 is not solely set in the North:

TV and satellite week has this in their magazine:

ClEc3XYWEAAWtHN.jpg

:eek:

Ground battle in the North and naval battle in Meereen? Yes please.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ground battle in the North and naval battle in Meereen? Yes please.
    Could be epic :D

J. Marston wrote: »

I fear for our giant wildling friend in this episode, Tormund too.

I'm hyped for this episode, but fear that some characters I like are going to be cut from the story in this episode. Littlefinger is a wildcard too, I expect him to take victory from the broken victors by the end.

The show is in its own space now as far as developing original content goes. I can't shake the feeling that D+D will want to conceive their own 'Red Wedding' type of scene, where protagonists get betrayed and butchered, and this could be it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Watching the wrestling tonight as I don't have a good/trustworthy sky Atlantic stream and this is an episode I want to watch in perfect quality. Hopefully I will see it before spoilers come out 2morrow.

Can't wait for it

Maybe sansa might die ?? Will see be actually fighting in the battle itself ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Has it leaked yet?
    Has it leaked yet?
    Has it leaked yet?

stankratz wrote: »
    The show is in its own space now as far as developing original content goes. I can't shake the feeling that D+D will want to conceive their own 'Red Wedding' type of scene, where protagonists get betrayed and butchered, and this could be it tonight.
    They can't kill off characters that are intrinsic to the plot and the overall story. The time for them to take shortcuts has pretty much passed at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

They can't kill off characters that are intrinsic to the plot and the overall story. The time for them to take shortcuts has pretty much passed at this stage.

This whole season has been a sequence of shortcuts. I doubt they will stop now.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    This whole season has been a sequence of shortcuts. I doubt they will stop now.
    Really? Have you read an advance copy of The Winds of Winter? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Unless you're in the US, it'll be Monday morning at the earliest :D

Yeah Sky Atlantic show it at the same time as the broadcast in the US, so it's on at 2am, will stay up for it as this episode looks like it's going to be mega.

Also, looks like the running time for this episode is about 10 minutes or so longer than normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭DeadHand

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe sansa might die ?? Will see be actually fighting in the battle itself ??

She's never held a sword in her life so it'll be pretty stupid if she starts leading infantry charges tonight.

Lyanna Mormont will lead the vanguard, riding a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'm probably one of the few that would be quite ok with a Bolton/North victory in tonights Snow-Bowl.
    I imagine most of us are on team Stark.

The Starks have no real role to play in the war for the Iron Throne and if they are not destroyed by the Boltons alliance then they will be destroyed by the vengeful Daenerys.

But I'm sure LittleFinger will ride to the rescue.

But, I'm open to the idea of the writers kicking the fans in the emotional nuts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Ok, Death Predictions for Bastardfest!

Definites: Wun Wun
    Ramsey

Probables: Tormund 70%
    Lord Karstark 70%

Possibles: Davos 50%
    Rickon 50%
    Lord Royce 30%
    Lord Umber 30^

Safe: Sansa
    Jon
    Lyanna
    Melisandre
    Littllefinger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

I'm probably one of the few that would be quite ok with a Bolton/North victory in tonights Snow-Bowl.
    I imagine most of us are on team Stark.

The Starks have no real role to play in the war for the Iron Throne and if they are not destroyed by the Boltons alliance then they will be destroyed by the vengeful Daenerys.

But I'm sure LittleFinger will ride to the rescue.

But, I'm open to the idea of the writers kicking the fans in the emotional nuts again.

To paraphrase Davos, we are looking towards far bigger battles than who will sit on the Iron Throne. I'd be shocked if the Iron Throne is even relevant by the end of all this. The whitewalkers are coming and Jon Snow, a member of the Stark clan, is one of the only people in the show who has seen them and is trying to warn people south of the wall. Another Stark, Bran, has also seen them and knows they're real, and possesses powers that are possibly connected to them or could possibly play a significant role in defeating them. I think for that reason alone, the Starks do have a a pretty big say left in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

PressRun wrote: »
    the Starks do have a a pretty big say left in this.

As advocates for 'the war for the dawn'.... but nothing more.

Logically Danny will incinerate them with dragon fire when she gets to Westeros...

At best they go on tour trying to get reluctant kingdoms to throw everything against the White Walkers.

They themselves will be of military irrelevance, what with being reduced to a relative handful of troops.

• Advertisement

As advocates for 'the war for the dawn'.... but nothing more.

Logically Danny will incinerate them with dragon fire when she gets to Westeros...
    Why logically? They have no aspirations for the Iron Throne, they just want Winterfell back. If anything they would be allies, having the same enemy.

Advertisement