Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 9 "Battle of the Bastards" - Speculation Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

blackwhite wrote: »
    You from Leitrim by any chance? :D

(although I believe you are correct - Westeros also follows the Leitrim/Alabama rules on cousin-riding).

Actually its not incest anywhere to be riding your first cousin - its just the Catholics have to get permission from Rome to marry a first cousin - but thats canon law not real law ;)

Disclaimer - I have not been riding my cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Actually its not incest anywhere to be riding your first cousin - its just the Catholics have to get permission from Rome to marry a first cousin - but thats canon law not real law ;)

Disclaimer - I have not been riding my cousins.

More than half States in the US have cousin-marriage defined as incest and prohibited on their statute books, and it's even a criminal offence in a number of them.

Lesson - be careful where you go on holidays in the states if you hail from Shelbyville :pac:

blackwhite wrote: »
    More than half States in the US have cousin-marriage defined as incest and prohibited on their statute books, and it's even a criminal offence in a number of them.

Lesson - be careful where you go on holidays in the states if you hail from Shelbyville :pac:

Wow! Never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I think focusing on the battle for the Iron Throne is missing the point. If Tommen dies, very few will have any interest in opposing Dany - Stark and Tully don't want it, all the Barratheons are dead and no Lannisters or Tyrrell's have a tight unless Tommen gets to work on Margaery quickly.

What's important is how Dany and her bloodlust and dragons get turned north to fight the White Walkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Degag wrote: »
    Someone big is going to die and i think Tormund has served his purpose.

I'd take a punt on Brienne as well, agree that it feels like a big death is coming but Tormund is still useful to rally the Wildlings when they don't listen to Jon. She's pretty much done everything she's supposed to, and she had that lingering goodbye stare with Jaime last week, which seems like it's a death sentence for one of them if I know my TV. Of course she'd have to get back in time with no horse, but feck it, why not?

• Advertisement

I'd take a punt on Brienne as well, agree that it feels like a big death is coming but Tormund is still useful to rally the Wildlings when they don't listen to Jon. She's pretty much done everything she's supposed to, and she had that lingering goodbye stare with Jaime last week, which seems like it's a death sentence for one of them if I know my TV. Of course she'd have to get back in time with no horse, but feck it, why not?

Speaking of which, I got nervous for Tyrion once I heard him talking about his dream of opening his own vineyard someday. Tyrion, you fool, announcing your life's goals in this show is the easiest way of making the devil laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

stankratz wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I got nervous for Tyrion once I heard him talking about his dream of opening his own vineyard someday. Tyrion, you fool, announcing your life's goals in this show is the easiest way of making the devil laugh.

Retire-ony I believe it's called

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cersei is on trial for fornication, incest, treason and the murder of King Bobby.

She's definitely dead if she loses.

I think that's just in the books

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nynik

Pycel is the grand-maester right? But he clearly can't be running the show from King's Landing, plus... he's a bit of a ditz. Is this elaborated at all in the books so far? Thanks.

nynik wrote: »
    Pycel is the grand-maester right? But he clearly can't be running the show from King's Landing, plus... he's a bit of a ditz. Is this elaborated at all in the books so far? Thanks.

What do you mean by running the show? He's an adviser, not a ruler.

• Advertisement

I'd be throwing a cautious eye towards Littlefinger and his Knights of the Vale. LF did previously state in the show that his intention was to sit on the sidelines and watch the great houses consume each other, then he would walk in and take victory from the broken victors. This episode sets up the perfect chance for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rawn wrote: »
    I think that's just in the books

Show too, so says Qyburn...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

could be melisandre do some lord of the light fire show and scare the bolton armies the last moment. i mean even if she simply removes that necklace alone, a lot of soldiers will run scared.

leonil7 wrote: »
    could be melisandre do some lord of the light fire show and scare the bolton armies the last moment. i mean even if she simply removes that necklace alone, a lot of soldiers will run scared.

Shirtless Ramsay would be all over that. Can't have a good battle without raping a few great great great great great grannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

History tends to repeat itself. I reckon Ramsay opens the proverbial gates to his allies the Lannisters just as Aerys did, and gets just as big a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Not as big a ditz as he makes out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXJlUIQP94

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

her children are the one thing Cersei truly cares about. In Season 2, Tyrion told her it was her only redeeming feature.

That, and her cheekbones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One website I saw today raised an interesting possibility: now that Riverrun has been taken, Jamie may head back to King's Landing (despite being banished by Tommen), and may get there in time for Cersei's trial. At that point he may learn that she cheated on him with Lancel, leading to a rift between them. I'd go so far as to say that possibility has been foreshadowed by his intense declarations of undying love for her ... setting him up for some serious disappointment.

We haven't seen Margaery for a while, but we know she's something of a "sleeper" agent within the Faith Militant now, and so it remains to be seen what part she'll play in the resolution of that problem. If it goes against the Faith - which I would not want to assume at this point - Tommen has some harsh life lessons ahead of him ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think it'll probably turn out fairly predictably. Rickon will be dead when they arrive. The battle will seem lost (with perhaps the death of Davos taking place) and the knights of the Vale will swoop in just in the nick of time to save the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Everyone is obsessed with Davos dying!! :(

Have we seen the scene from the season promo yet where Ramsay says "Do you like to play games little man?".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone is obsessed with Davos dieing!! :(

It'll hurt less if you're prepared for it.

Stannis went out sat on his arse (admittedly, he led from the front and took out two when he was fecked but still...), Davos will go down in a blaze of glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

PressRun wrote: »
    I think it'll probably turn out fairly predictably. Rickon will be dead when they arrive. The battle will seem lost (with perhaps the death of Davos taking place) and the knights of the Vale will swoop in just in the nick of time to save the day.

This is what I am worried about this is built up as by far the biggest battle GOT has done and shown on the show but I sincerely hope they haven't forgotten that its the outcome and the movement chess pieces involved in all is what people are intrigued by.

I mean if we are taken on cinematic rollercoaster and see the greatest battle even to be done on screen but for it to be simply deciphered at the end by what side Littlefinger and the Vale takes in the whole thing (even if he screws Sansa over) and I am going to be disappointed.

I am hope the Vale is just part of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think Baelish will have a big say. He's likely going to save Jon and Sansa from certain defeat and will probably want something in return, probably some sort of control over the North. I don't think he'll want Jon in the picture though, just Sansa.

sansa will die.. and resurrected as the lady stoneheart ?

z3mzyy8347msxv86g.jpg

this is like the roman legions vs the barbarians. wunwun should use a weapon like a long club, tree trunk, or big sword or chain as weapon to even the odds.

7ofg5n7v7j13tj46g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

leonil7 wrote: »
    this is like the roman legions vs the barbarians. wunwun should use a weapon like a long club, tree trunk, or big sword or chain as weapon to even the odds.

7ofg5n7v7j13tj46g.jpg

Those shields look like they could be difficult to fight behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Those shields look like they could be difficult to fight behind.

More to the point, they look difficult to get behind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

GerB40 wrote: »
    More to the point, they look difficult to get behind...
    Yeah, especially with arrows and Ramsay knows what raining down on you.

Advertisement