Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

unklerosco wrote:
    I prefare the original steel wheels... trying to find a set is the trick

Were colour co-ordinated steel wheels the originals, like these?

w114250cemalcolmfranks.jpg

Your alloys look very familiar though. Were they the orginal alloys on the W123 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Yes to both answers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I believe the really bling thing to do these days is to leave the car as it was originally. I am amazed at the reaction I get to my latest buy - the Golf Gti - people just can't believe unmodified examples still exist and it really stands out among the oh so similar modified Golf Gti's. :)

Oops - I see I have not posted a pic of it with the rest of my cars - well when this thread started it was still only in the day dreaming phase. Just goes to show a month is a short time in the world of classic cars. eek39co.gif

Golf_GTi_4.jpg
    Golf20GTi20Calypso20May0520280.jpgGolf20GTi20Calypso20Nov0520620280.jpg

24140446124200571055pm1zj.jpg
    24140446124200571224pm9oh.jpg

There's one on the original wheels... Seemingly the springs where cut so much on that car it just rests on the bump stops.. Nice n comfy.

Altenator in mine should be ready by tomorrow so i'll be back on the road on tue..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

A couple of pics of my '57 beetle :D

ovalquarter6rk.jpg

dscf534qh.jpg

• Advertisement

My Foci.

Some times I love it, sometimes I hate it.

Mostly I'm just bored with it.:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Heres my car its a totally standard 106 gti and its gonna stay that way for as long as i own it
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

peterk19 wrote:
    Heres my car its a totally standard 106 gti and its gonna stay that way for as long as i own it
    Pete

No tax or insurance?

Squirrel wrote:
    No tax or insurance?
    how observant of you

thats a pic from before i took it from the garage and im to lazy to take an updated one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

peterk19 wrote:
    Pete
    She looks like a beauty.....v nice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

JustinOval wrote:
    A couple of pics of my '57 beetle
    Lovely oval Justin. I reckon t'would look nicer with solid or five-spoke retro cragars, but then that's just a matter of personal taste. ;)

Squirrel wrote:
    No tax or insurance?

We have an undercover on our hands :D

To the GTi owner, thats what pisses me off about looking for "performance" versions of hatchbacks. There are so few sold in this country, finding one without tacky mods, that hasn't been crashed or in good nick is quite hard.

Fair play to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

peterk19 wrote:
    Pete

Moderators - I think we need another motoring forum category "Unmodified cars" - is a growing trend you know! :D

peterk19 wrote:
    Pete

Lovely car m8... Was looking at getting one of these before the merc but couldn't find a decent one. When u go to sell it give me a bell ;)

unklerosco wrote:
    Lovely car m8... Was looking at getting one of these before the merc but couldn't find a decent one. When u go to sell it give me a bell ;)

Cheers ill let you know it will probably be going up for sale sometime in the Newyear i cant justify owning it (well the insurance) for something i would only drive 20-50 miles a week
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

ronoc wrote:
    We have an undercover on our hands :D

To the GTi owner, thats what pisses me off about looking for "performance" versions of hatchbacks. There are so few sold in this country, finding one without tacky mods, that hasn't been crashed or in good nick is quite hard.

Fair play to ya.

I prefer plain-clothes. Have to agree with you, a guy down the road has a Saxo VTS I think, very clean car

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Lovely oval Justin. I reckon t'would look nicer with solid or five-spoke retro cragars, but then that's just a matter of personal taste. ;)

I have a set (9 in total-don't ask:rolleyes: ) of Porsche fuchs stashed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

JustinOval wrote:
    I have a set (9 in total-don't ask:rolleyes: ) of Porsche fuchs stashed :)
    The ones from the original 911, five spoke lookalikes with black insets? If so, perfick! :)

Yeah, they're the ones.
    911 Fuchs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Have to say I'm a big fan of unmodified cars myself. Minor subtle mods are ok though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

mike65 wrote:
    Its back! Not by popular demand but cos I sense things have gone quiet with the, ahem "administrative disturbences" and this might get peeps posting again.

If direct linking to an image keep it to a reasonable size - 150 kb.

Okay here's mine

Mercwithsmokedcorners2.jpg

Mike.

What Merc am I looking at???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Dont have a pic but my bf has a Subaru Impreza STI Type R which I finally got to drive today :D and F*ck me I wanna drive it again :D His face was white as I rolled away from the hard shoulder hee hee (Its his pride and joy).. I did well though.. Bit different to my Nissan Micra ;) I have a taste for speed now (not the narcotic kind) :D

Here's mine 1990 Opel Vectra 1.7D 125,000 Km's on the clock!!!
    Gets me from A to B!!!
    No hiding the number plate here!! Belgian system you hold the same number plate till you stop driving, interesting way of doing things!!!

Car_4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Greenman wrote:
    What Merc am I looking at???

Thats a 1990 Merc 190e 2.0ltr with subtle mods.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Thats a 1990 Merc 190e 2.0ltr with subtle mods.

Mike.

Looks very well.
    Is it your first Merc?
    What mileage?
    Are you happy with it?
    How long do you have it?
    Any problems?
    As mentioned I would hope the next car is an old Merc!!!

Thanks alot JD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Moderators - I think we need another motoring forum category "Unmodified cars" - is a growing trend you know! :D

Pfffff to that. Unmodifying is still mainstream. Hail the hardcore debadgers! :D

*make a real wolf look like a real sheep*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

bmoferrall wrote:
    Some pics of my car, taken yesterday (click on image for modem-busting versions):

FrontRightsm.jpg
    ]

Hey Bm, were you driving through Blanchardstown village on Saturday afternoon ? I Seen a 156 exactly like this, as I was standing outside "gino's" Chipper :P And I though " Oh, Thats that Guy Off boards " It was exactly the same, With the Red Brake Calipers IF i see correclty in your Picture's. I Immedietly thought it was you. It might not though.. Saturday Afternoon ? Car drove straight By me..

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

xzanti wrote:
    I have a taste for speed now (not the narcotic kind) :D

yea yea we all know what you meant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

HungryJoey wrote:
    Hey Bm, were you driving through Blanchardstown village on Saturday afternoon ? I Seen a 156 exactly like this, as I was standing outside "gino's" Chipper :P And I though " Oh, Thats that Guy Off boards " It was exactly the same, With the Red Brake Calipers IF i see correclty in your Picture's. I Immedietly thought it was you. It might not though.. Saturday Afternoon ? Car drove straight By me..

Hj
    I'd say it was most likely him since he lives in the Blanchardstown area...(I know where he lives cause I recognised the appartments behind the car & pass by them every day)....to clarify I am not a stalker ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

HungryJoey wrote:
    Hey Bm, were you driving through Blanchardstown village on Saturday afternoon?
    Yep. Blanch would be her regular stomping ground alright. Probably just out for her daily exercise :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement