Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Hobart wrote:
    I've ordered this for delivery in Jan(5 door version). Did you go for the DSG? What's the performance like?

Cheers.

I'm not an owner, but I quite liked the performance when I was working with them, the DSG is great, but at times you can't beat a traditional manual. What colour are you going for? Leather or tartan interior? 17 or 18 inch wheels?

Sorry for so many questions but I love these cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hobart wrote:
    I've ordered this for delivery in Jan(5 door version). Did you go for the DSG? What's the performance like?

Cheers.

So have I Hobart,no DSG,leather and climate control though + alarm and cruise control

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Performance is pretty good.. I had a MKIV GTI in 2003 and it's funny how unlike the two cars are. In between I had a chipped 2.0TDI A3 and I still love the Golf more even though my A3 had 9,000 quids worth of extras on it.

The GTI was in Ireland when I was interested in it. I was getting a price for my A3 for Jan 06 and he said if you change now I'll give you almost 4 grand more for your car so I did. It was just off the boat and had metallic and 18s on it - nothing else.

I will sell that car in 12 months time and lose the least amount possible on it I hope.

The exhaust note alone is addictive. A lot of people look at you in it that's the only downside I have found. If you're a bit older than me (I'm 23) other males may not give you looks like they wanna kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Big Balls wrote:
    note alone is addictive. A lot of people look at you in it that's the only downside I have found. If you're a bit older than me (I'm 23) other males may not give you looks like they wanna kill you.

I know that picture, howyah Irish :)

You get use to it and then enjoy leaving them sitting at the lights...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Squirrel wrote:
    I'm not an owner, but I quite liked the performance when I was working with them, the DSG is great, but at times you can't beat a traditional manual. What colour are you going for? Leather or tartan interior? 17 or 18 inch wheels?

Sorry for so many questions but I love these cars
    Tried to order a steel grey (in the mistaken belief that www.volkswagen.co.uk was the same as www.volkswagen.ie) but they are not. So I went for United Grey. Looks ok. I don't like the red.
    So have I Hobart,no DSG,leather and climate control though + alarm and cruise control
    I went for the DSG, I loved the gearbox in the test drive, leather (anthracite), No climate control and 18" alloys. Just under €42,000 list for mine :mad: . But I really like the car. I also got a Phatnoise through a group buy deal here on boards. Cost me just €220, the list from VW is (or was) £530stg at the time!!

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote:
    Tried to order a steel grey (in the mistaken belief that www.volkswagen.co.uk was the same as www.volkswagen.ie) but they are not. So I went for United Grey. Looks ok. I don't like the red.

I went for the DSG, I loved the gearbox in the test drive, leather (anthracite), No climate control and 18" alloys. Just under €42,000 list for mine :mad: . But I really like the car. I also got a Phatnoise through a group buy deal here on boards. Cost me just €220, the list from VW is (or was) £530stg at the time!!

I remember a few of the United Grey came in when I worked with them, they look good. Good luck with the car, post pics when you get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hobart wrote:
    same as www.volkswagen.ie) but they are not. So I went for United Grey. Looks ok. I don't like the red.

I'm getting Red ! Each to his own. I didn't like the DSG probably cos I've never driven autos much and felt strange,also thought it was a bit jumpy changing down,undetectable up though.
    Saw that Phatbox offer but hadn't made up my mind on thr GTI at the time.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I think the GTI should've only been available in white, black and red! Like the 25th Anni.

Big Balls wrote:
    I think the GTI should've only been available in white, black and red! Like the 25th Anni.

White is the best colour, really shows up the black grill with the red line around it. Would be a b1tch to keep clean though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Bluehair wrote:
    My pride and joy. My 00 Rover 75 2 litre diesel. Connoisseur level so lovely leather cream interior, electric seats/mirrors/windows etc, heated seats plus dual climate control, burr walnut trim etc.

Cheap to both insure and run and with an ecu remap bringing the bhp from a sedate 114bhp upto a eager 152bhp it's now transformed from a big motorway tank happiest wafting down the overtaking lane to a big motorway tank happiest umm.... wafting down the motorway :D (but overtaking is a lot more fun :) )

Got your Rover slippers on too heh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ondafly wrote:
    95 m3

m3a.jpg

Now thats a car no doubt :P, giv us a flash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Hal1 wrote:
    Got your Rover slippers on too heh :rolleyes:
    Where's the photo of your car, Hal1?

ahh its too dark for a pic, but its a '95 polo (white) 47k on teh clock shes a beast tbh lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Hal1 wrote:
    ahh its too dark for a pic, but its a '95 polo (white) 47k on teh clock shes a beast tbh lol :P
    I see. That's a large and fragile greenhouse you're throwing stones from....

¬¬

I see. That's a large and fragile greenhouse you're throwing stones from....

haha

Just wait till I turn on the NOS lol :p, btw dirtydog wheres the pic of your golf
    I am consideing getting an upgrade in the new year :)

Hal1 wrote:
    Just wait till I turn on the NOS lol :p, btw dirtydog wheres the pic of your golf
    I am consideing getting an upgrade in the new year :)

Here yah go :)
    GTIpark.jpg

Are they all your own modifications? :o

Hal1 wrote:
    Are they all your own modifications? :o

?? Only mods I've done are stereo and wheels...

• Advertisement

Ahh right. I just had a look for myself I didnt realise they where standard grills . Looks similar to the 2006 model i really want one now . :)vwgti06_01.jpg Did you see the ABT mod of your golf just different grills and lights basically.
    03.jpg
    Try on these side mirrors and she'd be dam sweet, well sweeter :p
    go5cover.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

These new Golf's look more like Seat's than VW's. The last good Golf GTI was the Mk 2. The Mk3 was a mess and I don't like the styling of the new one, it will be interesting to see what the build quality and reliability of the new one will be like.

junkyard wrote:
    The last good Golf GTI was the Mk 2.

ROFL!!!!!! You're the first person I've seen/heard say a bad word about the performance of the new GTI. You clearly have not spent 5 minutes behind the wheel of one..

BTW the above picture is not the 2006 model, I have the 2006 model - the one above is the US version !!

Oh right, got a link to this years/next years one? I done a google and that red one showed up on a uk site so I just assumed it was a euopean model.

o0ps :o

I've driven two of them and to be honest I've driven faster diesels.:)

Well it must've been a 4.2 A8 you were driving or something then...

Trying to make out the new GTI is rubbish it just stupid.

Hal1 wrote:
    Oh right, got a link to this years/next years one? I done a google and that red one showed up on a uk site so I just assumed it was a euopean model.

o0ps :o

Try www.volkswagen.ie

The 2006 model has minor changes - mainly, a different ashtray lid, different knobs on the radio, a roof mounted aerial... and I think that's it!

Sure the picture you have above is the exact same as any GTI out now, just has American style repeaters and it's missing the surround for the number plate. Everything else is the same.

Big Balls, what's the difference between a Golf GTI and a hedgehog? Ha Ha Ha, we're quit's now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

junkyard wrote:
    I've driven two of them and to be honest I've driven faster diesels.:)

Which ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Here's my carriage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement