Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Here's my little run around...

Did you drive it all the way from Poland - or is that a Lithuania reg - would love to hear / see pics of the trip in such a car if that's what you did.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Did you drive it all the way from Poland

Yeah was wondering that myself. Looks like PL reg alright. Ah good old Trabi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Ondafly's car is definitely an M3 alright !

There are 3 way to tell these cars from lesser bodykitted models. Firstly from the side the black bodymoulding down the side is thicker than on other cars with the factory M-Tech kit.

At the front the intake under the reg. plate is a diamond patterned mesh instead of the regular slotted one and last but not least..............if you are close enouygh you can see the brakes are much beefier !

This particular one has the optional factory fit alloys, same size, but different design !

I much prefer the E36 M3's for their stealth look !

Anyway here's mine
    DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    CLKElegance2.jpg
    CLKInt1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

MercMad visits Portmarnock I see........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice cars MercMad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't like many modern mercs (oooh, alliteration) bar the enormous ones, but that coupé is lovely. If your wife goyjus MercMad? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Paul (MN) wrote:
    MercMad visits Portmarnock I see........

And (s)he's a midget by the looks of things.

Thanks for the comment guys..................yeah I used to go to Portmarknock the odd time at the start of the Summer.................then head down for a swim each lunchtime when the weather was great !
    Don't like many modern mercs (oooh, alliteration) bar the enormous ones, but that coupé is lovely. If your wife goyjus MercMad?

.............yeah and dangerous..................especially when you drive by a Merc showroom !! :D
    And (s)he's a midget by the looks of things.

........not completely sure what you meant by that, eith the hight the photo was taken or the fact that you can see me trying (unsuccessfully) to hide from the photo. That shot was taken the day after I got the car........great weather !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really dislike Mercs but that is a beautiful car Mercmad,really stunning looking.
    Only thing i dislike personally is the greyish interior but thats just me,an otherwise class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

MercMad wrote:

........not completely sure what you meant by that, eith the hight the photo was taken or the fact that you can see me trying (unsuccessfully) to hide from the photo. That shot was taken the day after I got the car........great weather !

Think he meant the seat is pretty far forward

What model is it CLK???

• Advertisement

What model is it CLK???

.........yeah...........we were originally buying a new E-Class until my wife opened her purse .................again !!

Personally these new cars are a waste of money...........nice'n all as they are, and you need something modern and safe for a family, but I'd sooner spend a third of the price on a nice old classic !

Still I love that car, but she had her way last time..............next year is mine................ALL MINE !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

MercMad wrote:
    .........yeah...........we were originally buying a new E-Class until my wife opened her purse .................again !!

Personally these new cars are a waste of money...........nice'n all as they are, and you need something modern and safe for a family, but I'd sooner spend a third of the price on a nice old classic !

Still I love that car, but she had her way last time..............next year is mine................ALL MINE !!! :D

Is it a 200, 240 etc. I prefer the classics myself, or even an old S-Class :D

Yeah a 200K. Cost too much to go one up, next engine size was 2.6 which is only 7BHP more and the KOMPRESSOR engine has a nicer torque spread !

Thats my excuse for keeping €6,500 i mo phoca !! ;)

Just found a piccie of the one we traded in.......parked near where I used to live !

DSCF0024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

another 95 M3

m37ka.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Here's a pic of my two.... Well, my 'one' as I sold the 605 last Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Here's a pic of my pride and joy:

cool_civic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Here's mine: 00 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 - decent poke in it for such a small engine. She's looking slightly dirty in the pic :)

fiesta.jpg

735iA_20040403_20.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

69 Mustang is the clear leader so far in my book.The blood sweat and polish that went into this beast is evident. Prooving once again you can buy Status but you can't buy Style ......unless that is the mustang is for sale!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Hey lads,
    How do i get my Picture to appear like ye have done ?
    Sorry only new!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Go to http://www.imageshack.us and upload your pic there, once you do that you can just copy the Hotlink for forums (1) URL into your post, and thats it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

shagman wrote:
    69 Mustang is the clear leader so far in my book.The blood sweat and polish that went into this beast is evident. Prooving once again you can buy Status but you can't buy Style ......unless that is the mustang is for sale!! :)

Thanks
    And yes a good bit of my DNA has been removed on that car,one needing an ambulance and half a day in Blanch hospital. Lots of MER polish.
    It a pleasure pain thing.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Very nice unkel.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Very nice unkel.

Cheers :)

Have it nearly two years now and still very happy with it. It's never let me down yet and just flew through the NCT apart from the license plate issue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

unkel wrote:
    Cheers :)

Have it nearly two years now and still very happy with it. It's never let me down yet and just flew through the NCT apart from the license plate issue :rolleyes:

ahh now I remember what the pic of the reg. plate means unkel :D

its the NCT, actually no, its ireland - nothing ceases to amaze me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

unkel wrote:
    735iA_20040403_20.JPG

Very elegant. Chrome(?) detailing looks great. Wheels suit the car perfectly.

Used to think these were just boxes on wheels, but they've matured nicely (or maybe I have :rolleyes: ).

Used to think mid-90s mercs were just boxes on wheels...still do :p

bmoferrall wrote:
    Very elegant. Chrome(?) detailing looks great. Wheels suit the car perfectly

Yeah I like the chrome, but I would have preferred slightly less fancy wheels myself. I prefer the much more closed style as is the norm on high end Audis and Mercs. The size of the wheels (18") go well with the lowered body imho
    bmoferrall wrote:
    Used to think these were just boxes on wheels, but they've matured nicely (or maybe I have :rolleyes: )

LOL it works the other way round for me! It usually takes me a good few years to get used to new BMW models, and it's not just the Bangle era cars either. Didn't like the previous 5-series (E39, '96-'03) until about 4 years ago. Current 7-series (E65) has been out 4 years and I'm only now approaching a neutral feeling. I must be more conservative than I'd like to think I am :rolleyes:
    bmoferrall wrote:
    Used to think mid-90s mercs were just boxes on wheels...still do :p

Especially the S-class. I've loved every S-class from the moment it came out except the 90s W140

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

unkel wrote:
    ...except the 90s W140
    For the uninitiated sick0022.gif:

267356_20050719120751_1.jpg
    1992-99-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-94603221990001.JPG

Form following function...very closely.
    No doubt it has its defenders.
    Give me another 10 years and maybe I'll see its good side :)

Funny the W140 ius one of my favourites. I hope to buy one next year as a second car !

Neither of the two shown look well though .................very colour dependent and the facelift is far better looking !

Best build quality in the industry..............at the time ! (what happened ?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

MercMad wrote:
    (what happened ?)

Lexus came along ;-) (Oh and Mercedes got into bed with the Yanks.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement