Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Simona1986 wrote:
    Fancy giving me a PM if ur gonna go again. I live nearby and I've well decent lights... I know another lad who'l come but anyone who's been down before wanna lead us?

Will do! It sounds good. Would rather do it with a few others cause I dont wana get trapped down there and be forced to survive on rats and my own witty remarks for company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Me and one of the other guys who came down with me before will go down again I'd say. Let us know whenever. I only live down the road in dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm in Dundrum too. Deadly - I'm free most of the time so drop me a pm and I'll get back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i want in!! [i live on the dundrum road... if livin in dundrum is like an entry requirement for the explorers club or somethin..]

is there student accomodation in dundrum?

Scraggs- swans are really ****ing annoying especially when youre kayaking in december and you have to capsize yourself!ahh!its making me angry thinking about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm living in Clonskeagh, just down the road from ucd.. I'm defo heading down to them there tunnels! A few of us head on 'mini adventures' around ucd, baked as a cake, and try find interesting places.. I've always wondered about those grates and stuff (especially the one outside the students cafe near the sports centre). I'm defo heading down there in the next few days.. Does anybody know what that big concrete thing is on the way to those mini ponds? It's like a big dam wall, and there's a gate into it down some steps, but it's locked. Gonna see if the credit card trick will do..

god i really hope nobody in services or security or whatever goes on boards....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yea I was thinking the same.....maybe the organising of trips down these things could be kept to PMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

^^^Yup Id agree. I aint a UCDer but drop me a PM if somethings being planed and Ill come along.
    PP: Maybe u should edit previous posts in case it is read.

PP: Maybe u should edit previous posts in case it is read.

I'll leave it for now and discuss it with Trucks. But like I say, keep the organising off the boards. Cheers lads.

• Advertisement

The concrete thing on the way down to the ponds is the gas input to campus. I personally wouldn't go in there.

I'm also taking no responsibility for people getting hurt/caught/both unless I'm there.

How about you delete this an start a thread renamed "The Path of Happiness" as an alias for the tunnels. Then we can talk about it all we want and no one will have a clue what we are talking aobut.

Or the "Underworld" I like that more

daram wrote:
    I'm also taking no responsibility for people getting hurt/caught/both unless I'm there.

does that mean u'll hurt us if we go with you:eek:

I just deleted the posts with the description of how to get in and also the post with the picture of the entrance.

Anyone who cares enough already knows. Sorry to anyone else,

Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jam_Jar

This is like a new adventure of the GOONIES! Lovin the secret Library! Deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

jam_Jar wrote:
    This is like a new adventure of the GOONIES! Lovin the secret Library! Deadly!

Maybe there's a big pirate cave underneath the lake too!oh this is so exciting but i know id just be too scared to go all the way underneath just in case i never came back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

How am I only seeing this thread now - daram those pictures were brilliant! If anyone is thinking of heading down to the tunnels I'd love to go with you as well, I live in Clonskeagh so can be mobilised in about 5 minutes! I've lived beside UCD since I was a five year old, but for some reason I've never been down the tunnels - I've been near everywhere else though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I find it kinda funny both the trinity and UCD boards both have threads about the tunnels started around the same time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

This sounds a bit nerdy but do you reckon you could get any study done in the secret library, or is it all chug bang like a boilerhouse? Also, could you have sex down there? It could be like a depraved little grotto of intellect and erotica... kind of like Merville!
    . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I find it kinda funny both the trinity and UCD boards both have threads about the tunnels started around the same time :)
    Their tunnels are a lot better from the looks of it. But that is of course only until we get a decent map made up and explore them out properly. I'm thinking Rag Week would be good for it.

• Advertisement

Pfffttt! You lot are three months behind! :p

<3 Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Their tunnels are a lot better from the looks of it. But that is of course only until we get a decent map made up and explore them out properly. I'm thinking Rag Week would be good for it.

Their tunnels double as wine cellars ;)

jam_Jar wrote:
    This is like a new adventure of the GOONIES!

SOOOOO tempted to make a one-eyed willy joke! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Went investigating the arts tunnels with a friend today - we went down the spiral staircases but the only unlocked doors were the ones that went into the lecture theatres. Found the sports centre entrance easy enough - but couldnt find the entrance behind ag?

Yeah i definitely think rag week. i'd also say day time might me good if we could pull it off as opposed to night - really easy to see the lights otherwise. also if we come across any motion sensors we should bring paper and tape so that we can disable em :p

No, no, no grinch, you are an idiot.

Firstly, I have already said there are no motion detectors. Even if there we're you would trigger them while trying to tape them up.
    Secondly, you're a fool.
    Thirdly, don't go down during the day, services use them during the day for checking the temperatures of the boilers.
    Fourthly, you lack sense.
    Fifthly, bring a torch at night.
    Sixthly, you already know...

P.S. I was in the tunnels tonight. Rigged a new quick and easy way in but I'm sworn to secrecy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

daram wrote:
    No, no, no grinch, you are an idiot.

Firstly, I have already said there are no motion detectors. Even if there we're you would trigger them while trying to tape them up.
    Secondly, you're a fool.
    Thirdly, don't go down during the day, services use them during the day for checking the temperatures of the boilers.
    Fourthly, you lack sense.
    Fifthly, bring a torch at night.
    Sixthly, you already know...

P.S. I was in the tunnels tonight. Rigged a new quick and easy way in but I'm sworn to secrecy...
    We're referring to tcd actually (in fact why are we even here)

Whats the worst that can happen if you get cought? Saying that your not a student ???

*waits for the retraction of the "idiot" comment.

also, i dont think either set of tunnels are better, ours are just....dingier. more like a home, thats full of dust and dead things, yeh know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Grimes wrote:
    Whats the worst that can happen if you get cought?

It's the tunnells anything could happen... cannibals, serpants, King Kong, we cant rule anything out. By the way is there still no agreement on a new name for the tunnels look at this im deffo spelling it incorrectly (after almost 18 years of education!!) you can help end the suffering. Sponsor a name...

Advertisement