Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Ha! Now my covers blown. I'm getting in trouble here with the other lads for taking all the credit. The guy who's back you can see in the pictures I posted before (page 2 in this thread) is our drummer. There's a 3rd member in our adventure group, but he's going to stay anonymous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

sounds like a good nough reason to go to UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

daram wrote:
    i'm in the process of making a map of where they all are. i'll post it too.

Yo any progress on your map? Can't wait to see it!

slowly but surely. there's one or two areas I'm not 100% sure about, so it'll have to wait till term starts back before it's done totally right. i'll post a draft before the night is out.

I have far too much spare time.

yeah, the upload isn't working very well. i'll try again tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Thats cool, I didnt think UCD had any UE'ers. Be sure to get them photos up, I'm well interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Someone buy that man a can of coke. You sir, are a legend.

Somethings wrong with the upload on boards. I tried jpg and gif and both timed out. Not to worry, I uploaded onto my own server for the craic.

The image is a satellite image of UCD with the tunnels overlayed in blue. I've noted little points of interest all over it, such as windows to look in if you want to see ladders etc. It's mostly accurate with a few points I'll need to verify once I'm back on campus.

http://www.humplifunker.com/v4/UCDTunnels.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

That's a slick map daram - fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

do you know you could make money bringing people down there.

• Advertisement

Initially we were looking for a underground room big enough to hold a gig of sorts. Or some class of highly illegal rave. There isnt one really though. A couple of spots which are just about big enough to sit and drink cans. There were quite a few spots where that had obviously been done before with empty dutch gold cans left over. I can think of better places to drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

That's a slick map daram - fair play!
    I have to agree: that's very cool indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

daram wrote:
    Initially we were looking for a underground room big enough to hold a gig of sorts. Or some class of highly illegal rave. There isnt one really though. A couple of spots which are just about big enough to sit and drink cans. There were quite a few spots where that had obviously been done before with empty dutch gold cans left over. I can think of better places to drink...

That would be pretty class, in Australia thats a very common thing to do among UE'ers.

btw, its very easy to find out who you are. If you want to remain anonymous - not saying do or dont - you might think of removing your real name and link to your website from your profile.

One mighty fine map. Where is that boy with your coke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

wow daram thats awesome!!!

I'm not overly fussed about hiding my identity. I don't think I can get stung for anything wrong. That said, I wouldn't like to be stung down in them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

i wanna go to ucd :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Am I the only one who doesn't see an unlocked entrance?

I'm not that stoopid...

As previously stated, I'm not posting the way in anywhere public for fear that too many people will use it and it'll all get locked up (more securely this time). Also said before, if you want to know how, come ask me sometime on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

daram wrote:
    I'm not that stoopid...

As previously stated, I'm not posting the way in anywhere public for fear that too many people will use it and it'll all get locked up (more securely this time). Also said before, if you want to know how, come ask me sometime on campus.

But who are you Spiderman?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

UCD campus is deadly: Drinking, Parkour, Random Adventuring... It's all there. That weird sperm egg sculpture thing is cool to.

But who are you Spiderman?
    Its easy to find out who he is, and easy to find him. Heck, hes even told you his course and year.

I *think* I know where you got in, that is, everyone I know whos seen your map jumped to the same conclusion. I'd very much like to take you up on your offer some time next term perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

daram wrote:
    Somethings wrong with the upload on boards. I tried jpg and gif and both timed out. Not to worry, I uploaded onto my own server for the craic.

The image is a satellite image of UCD with the tunnels overlayed in blue. I've noted little points of interest all over it, such as windows to look in if you want to see ladders etc. It's mostly accurate with a few points I'll need to verify once I'm back on campus.

http://www.humplifunker.com/v4/UCDTunnels.jpg
    Do you mind me asking where you got the satellite photo from with the buildings and roads outlined like that? I'm looking for something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Good old tunnels. Best to switch the lights on though, can be just a tad scary without them...as I have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You've been down there siward? You must show me these tunnels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Good old tunnels. Best to switch the lights on though, can be just a tad scary without them...as I have found.

and why wasn't I invited? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Daram you are legend!
    on your map in the lake there's a blue circle, is that a little room or something? (before it's said I have just spent the last 30mins reading all six pages and if it's been said before I apologise but I don't remember)

The satellite image came from AARoadwatch.ie. I had to screenshot about 50 times to get it that high res though. And I drew the lines on it myself, I'm using it for part of my finalyear project in CS where I'm doing all this mad GPS stuff. The blue circle in the lake is the island :v: , it's nothing to do with the tunnels. I wouldn't have the balls to turn on the lights down there. We brought torches when we went. Out of curiosity where do people think I got in? First person correct I'll PM...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

and why wasn't I invited? :mad:
    Because cool people like you and I always, without exception, get cut out of the loop.

Our intelligence intimidates them, you should take your exclusion from the plan as a compliment, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

daram wrote:
    The satellite image came from AARoadwatch.ie. I had to screenshot about 50 times to get it that high res though. And I drew the lines on it myself, I'm using it for part of my finalyear project in CS where I'm doing all this mad GPS stuff.
    Thanks,
    You didn't happen to do the new philips site or Carysfort did you? It could save me a lot of bother when I go to update the orienteering club maps.

Advertisement