Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I always wanted to be Raphael (not D'arcy, thyough hed be a close second... er :eek: ) Finally though, I get to be a turtle, score! Bit worrying about some old doughnut eating old timer being down there everyday though... spoiling it for the kids like a seamstress at a bouncy castle party. hey do they mention checking times or is it just dates? Theyre hardly down there in the black black night, I mean everybody knows services are afraid of the dark thats why they walk around in orgies... that is the collective term for a gaggle of bald fat men in uniform, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

There were no times on them. I'd guess noones in at night.

I'm still only uploading the pictures, so if they dont all appear, try refreshing in a few minutes.

First picture showed the entrance so i deleted it...
    002.jpg
    003.jpg
    004.jpg
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    007.jpg
    008.jpg
    009.jpg

and some more

010.jpg
    011.jpg
    012.jpg
    013.jpg
    014.jpg
    015.jpg
    016.jpg
    017.jpg
    018.jpg
    019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

For anyone interested this is a kick ass site!!!!
    http://underground-history.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

very cool!!!
    I can just imagine the queue forming at that entrance grate when the term starts:p

• Advertisement

Bloody amazing. But why did you take a photo of your friend peeing by the sports centre, that was just in bad taste dude. God damn and blast me for being in *Mayohhh* how can you guys sit at home, those caves are explorolicious... great photos, you should be rewarded for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

WOW, that is absolutley deadly!
    love the way ucd do everythin on the cheap.....
    brick holdin door open, and crappy a4 page and clip for the checklists!

well done, definately best post i've seen on boards in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fair play ta ya daram-you should be given some massive reward like freedom of UCD for your findings-actually your manipulation of locks with credit cards and such deserves the freedom of my native city limerick.

He wasnt peeing, he was closing the door.
    you should be rewarded for this

Paypal donations to dara@humplifunker.com :D

One of the guys in some of those pictures is in limerick at the moment. Probably looking for tunnels there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

panda100 wrote:
    freedom of UCD

He sounds like he already has that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Fair bloody play to you! Impressive stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Great stuff the map and pics are especially cool. Quite an adventure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

that wasn't where i entered, mine was more like, open door...enter...close door behind! the bricks are put there by people without keys....namely students to make sure the doors don't lock when they close. never encountered the secret library through, good work daram!

Holy Smoke, this is mad, please please let the next boards beers/ coffees be in the tunnells, imagine how cool it would be to get smashed in a tunnel with randomers! Best drunk story ever!

By the by is anybody else watching RTE1 at the moment, the bloody sound and vision arent in sync, maybe *Mayohh* is just a bit slow...

Back on topic, what about the tunnel beers. And what about coming up with a new name for the tunnells, its not very imaginative and also Im not sure I can spell tunnells correctly:confused:

well was just watching the news on rte-did you see the newsreader he had a really massive spot on his cheek-thats all i could focus on for the entire broadcast.anywhoo sound seems to be in sync down here in limerick

Ah but Limerick is connected to the rest of the country by motor rail and telegraph poles. Belmullet is more like turn right at the round field, left at the dead sheep and careful not to fall into the sea, now.

Didnt see a massive spot... youre not thinking of the moustache... are you?

nah it was definatly a massive spot cos u could see the conceler and he never usually has that on the side of his face.maybe his mini volcano type spot got in the way of the transmission signal from rte to belmullet or something

All was good in Laois totally in sync and we're like the twilight zone without the script so if heres good then Mayo must be really screwed that said I have music up quite loud.
    Also to keep things on topic does anyone know what purpose that stupid island on the lake actually serves. The swan seems very very defensive of it!

I dont know... however that island is quite a mysterious location indeedy. Maybe swanny is afraid theyre gonna put a carpark there, or The Almighty's helipad perhaps. Another good location for a boards beers... alcohol, water, and a defensive swan, what could possibly go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'd definately be up for going down there with some of yis. I live only 10min away and I've some really bright lights. Anyone preferably someone who's been before up for going down again?

• Advertisement

it was outta sync over here in carlow [town centre]
    all fuzzy now cant even see picture *curses chorus

What we need is a little boat to swan island, althought it is a very, very small island and swans can break arms a beers might not be the best that said swanny might just be needing a bit of stress relieving party. Who knows only Swanny, my proposal for UCD mascot of 2006. (pics of her giving a wings/thumbs/bill up anyone?)

i do not condone this
    swans are possibly the most evil creatures to exist
    i've been attacked by swans on many occasion, i know from experience [live beside a river btw]
    i would condone a duck tho... ya could pretend its a swan?!?

What we need is a little boat to swan island, althought it is a very, very small island and swans can break arms a beers might not be the best that said swanny might just be needing a bit of stress relieving party. Who knows only Swanny, my proposal for UCD mascot of 2006. (pics of her giving a wings/thumbs/bill up anyone?)

I know what youre talking about. Every time Ive passed her in the past few weeks shes had her head in the clouds, buzzing around the lake like shes on e and beating the **** out of the boyfriend for nothing at all... not even a hello or a nod of the head to me... I dont know whats gotten into her.

reckon we should deffo surprise her tho, and take her out on the town after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

swans can break arms
    I've never met anyone who has had their arm broken by a swan.
    I've never met anyone who know's anyone that's had their arm broken by a swan.

Have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I went up there and checked it out. Didnt find the tunnels but I was being shadowed by services and I didnt wana ruin it for everyone so i scarpered. That and it was bloody freezin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Alkers

Grimes wrote:
    I went up there and checked it out. Didnt find the tunnels but I was being shadowed by services and I didnt wana ruin it for everyone so i scarpered. That and it was bloody freezin.
    Fancy giving me a PM if ur gonna go again. I live nearby and I've well decent lights... I know another lad who'l come but anyone who's been down before wanna lead us?

Steveire wrote:
    I've never met anyone who has had their arm broken by a swan.

Ive never met anyone who got a blowjob from an alligator, but i bet they use their teeth

Steveire, worked on a golf course around some of the most dangerously old and dangerous new equipment you've ever seen (think MASSIVE blades all round seriously seen hands go away from the arm) and the only warning I've ever been givin is about swans and how they can break arms. Maybe its not true but I'm not gonna tempt fate or scarifice my sense of humour. Hows bout you?

• Advertisement

ok i've never actually had an arm broken by a swan but i've been pecked at on the arm and it broke skin....
    really really no likey swans

Advertisement