Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 calmoo

06621121 wrote: »
    Can we all please form a society together??
    We could take pulse security.. who are a shower of b@~@~*78776@s
    They are absolute assholes, ISS were much better, pulse go around picking on people.
    06621121 wrote: »
    Once fould a canoe in the secret lake, when we eventually got it out bottom had completely rotted. Bad buzz
    I noticed that canoe actually at the bottom of the lake, feel sorry for the guy who was in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Where is this orchard people are talking about? Up near the Film Studies building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Where is this orchard people are talking about? Up near the Film Studies building?

This^

Even more than the tunnels!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

The land there wasn't always flat, it used to slope down to the road. They built it up using all the earth they took out when digging out the lake.

I think anyway..do you mean the carpark area?

It's near a car park I think, but it's in the trees. It's a pit, with concrete walls, about as deep as a two story house is high, and there are old trees growing in it. I'll post a photo if I get time.

The orchard is near the pedestrian clonskeagh entrance, on the right as you enter. It has a sign saying "horticultural centre" or something on the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

maps of the tunnels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

would it be an idea to only allow people with more than say 300 posts or more see threads like this, Im sure we would find out a lot more if people knew there was some degree of privacy involved

did the op fully explore?

woop wrote: »
    would it be an idea to only allow people with more than say 300 posts or more see threads like this, Im sure we would find out a lot more if people knew there was some degree of privacy involved

did the op fully explore?
    That's a **** idea. The whole point of a forum is so everyone can meet and chat, not some elitists who think they're superior because of their post counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

calmoo wrote: »
    That's a **** idea. The whole point of a forum is so everyone can meet and chat, not some elitists who think they're superior because of their post counts.

well you would think that:p , yknow there are sections that only certain people can acces on the site already

I dont think Im better due to my post counts, Im just plain better

also why are you posting in the ucd forum? not that youre not welcome just kinda weird when you went out for junior cert night

anyway Im sorry for dragging this off topic, but it happened before and thanks for posting the map

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

errlloyd wrote: »
    I was reading the UCD magazine yesterday in the barbers, **** knows why the grafton barber has it, but the crazy bitch cutting my hair seemed to know I was in UCD.

Anyway in it there was some information on the rumours surrounding the presence of tunnels under the campus. Apparently a reporter saw massive piping going in (the kind that would take sewerage and wiring) and rang the architect who was some 27 Polish lad. Anyway the story I was reading says the architect was a bit of a joker, so when asked "was it a secret tunnel to help the staff escape in the case of a riot" he replied "Yes, it goes to a mini submarine hidden in the lake.

^^ I can vouch for that, read it on the irish architecture website, anyone who think the tunnels were built in case of riots really needs a reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

well you would think that:p , yknow there are sections that only certain people can access on the site already

also why are you posting in the ucd forum? not that youre not welcome just kinda weird when you went out for junior cert night

anyway Im sorry for dragging this off topic, but it happened before and thanks for posting the map

Behold my intarwebs detective skillz: calmoo is a junior cert student, lives locally and comes into UCD looking for somewhere quiet to get high... hence the interest in the tunnels etc. Am I wrong?

• Advertisement

well you would think that:p , yknow there are sections that only certain people can acces on the site already

Because I know UCD quite well and I thought it'd be good to help others find things.

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Behold my intarwebs detective skillz: calmoo is a junior cert student, lives locally and comes into UCD looking for somewhere quiet to get high... hence the interest in the tunnels etc. Am I wrong?
    Lol I was just wondering, I haven't been in the tunnels and don't intend on going in, but seeing as you guys want to know, I told you. The amount of PMs I got asking for the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

calmoo wrote: »
    Lol I was just wondering, I haven't been in the tunnels and don't intend on going in, but seeing as you guys want to know, I told you. The amount of PMs I got asking for the entrance.

yeah id say one of the admin staff pm'd you about the enterance aswell, when i hit it tonight it was locked, stuck my phone in the hole to record what was blocking it, a brand new shiny padlock was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Wanna bomb blast our way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Maps maps maps :D

There is something almost mythical about the tunnels that makes me giddy :P

I really should start exploring the campus on my 3 hours breaks...

Go to the basement of the Arts block and try all the doors on the lakeside of the building. I went in one once and found myself at the beginning of a tunnel full of cabling and air ducts. Bring a torch.

Advertisement