Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

On the subject of secret places, there's always the second and a halfth floor of the library. That minature one in between level 2 and 3 that not many people know about. The only door I know of is from the stairs that go up to stats. Me and the same group who were in the tunnels got in there last summer when the building was starting and explored a bit. There's some cool stuff, mostly cables and pipes and giant boilers and fans and the likes. The best thing we found was the door out onto the lower roof. That was cool.

As it happens, we set off an alarm that night and got caught by services. Ah good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

daram wrote:
    On the subject of secret places, there's always the second and a halfth floor of the library. That minature one in between level 2 and 3 that not many people know about. The only door I know of is from the stairs that go up to stats. Me and the same group who were in the tunnels got in there last summer when the building was starting and explored a bit. There's some cool stuff, mostly cables and pipes and giant boilers and fans and the likes. The best thing we found was the door out onto the lower roof. That was cool.

As it happens, we set off an alarm that night and got caught by services. Ah good times...
    Was there a passway into Hugh Brady's brain in there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Syth wrote:

What brain? :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Syth wrote:

You been watching Being John Malcovich? :p

daram seems to be the adventurous type! :D

yeah, but it only seems to kick in around exam time for some reason. i just stayed in the library until midnight on a sunday.there's something seriously wrong with that. then i set of the alarm when i was leaving and had to run...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

daram wrote:
    yeah, but it only seems to kick in around exam time for some reason. i just stayed in the library until midnight on a sunday.there's something seriously wrong with that. then i set of the alarm when i was leaving and had to run...

jeez and i think im being adventurous when i try a new flavoured smoothie from 911.But i suppose we all get our thrills in different ways.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

daram wrote:
    If I say how to get intp them, then chances are some idiot will get caught and then they'll get locked back up again.

plus posting on the internet some of the powers that be could read it and lock it up spoiling everyones fun....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I must investigate said tunnells. i take it (apart from the obvious thrill factor of illegal entry) there's no way services are going to allow anyone to see it?

Actually if anyone else here is interested in urban exploring and the like there's a great UK site http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/ - makes you wonder about the stuff around dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There are actually a series of underground tunnels in Dublin. I was working in Cafe en Seine when they were biulding it and underneath dawson street/kildare street , i cant remember which street it is its 6:46 am there was a tunnel about 4ft high running down it. There is also tunnels leading from the city into the liffey. The most famous being the one from dublin castle.

god ye are lucky to have tunnels!all galway has in secret locations is floor beneath the basement floor underneath the lirary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

panda100 wrote:
    jeez and i think im being adventurous when i try a new flavoured smoothie from 911.But i suppose we all get our thrills in different ways.....

They are so manky once I went in and asked for some random **** and it tasted like a blend of potatoes and piss. Vomit. Philadelphia chicken is good though, so theyre not all bad in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Grimes wrote:
    The most famous being the one from dublin castle.

I know some cavers who went through that one! came out the far end too. After that they blocked it off...

larryone wrote:
    I know some cavers who went through that one! came out the far end too. After that they blocked it off...

They always screw up all the fun things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

They had their fun. And that's all that matters.

Whats the bets you go down

Right imagine2 guys, 3 girls and an oversized dog. Your chased by a monster (blantly and man in a haloween mask... grrrr!!! )

It turns out to be hugh brady scaring off people in order to lower the cost of insurance..

And he would have gotten away with it if it wern't for you Pesky Kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

where would they park the mmystery machine??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

have u ever gone down one of those spiral staicases in the arts block that dont lead to lockers
    i did looking for a toilet and there was a darkish corridor that went on for a bit and there was a door open don there with a generator or something of that description, loadsa other door there, who knows where they could have gone, they could even lead us to the missing comedysoc acts.

think it was near th. o??

Scraggs wrote:
    where would they park the mmystery machine??

They wouldnt drive a mystery machine. It would be a convoy of poncy Qsoc Beetles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

have u ever gone down one of those spiral staicases in the arts block that dont lead to lockers
    i did looking for a toilet and there was a darkish corridor that went on for a bit and there was a door open don there with a generator or something of that description, loadsa other door there, who knows where they could have gone, they could even lead us to the missing comedysoc acts.

ya i went down the one beside copy print in first year with my girlfriend at bout 5 o clock...........................didnt really do much looking around!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Tunnels? Anyone find any "Dead Poets"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

yea i went down that one in first year but i didnt get very far....way too creepy. :o

i think i'll leave the exploring to the less chicken-shít ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I take it you went the toilet anyway even though you didn't find the toilets seeing as your User Profile cites your interests as:

"Pissing in or on furniture and being an affluent cheapskate"

Kids these days...:v:

the spiral staircase near Theatre L leads down to a big double door on the left, which is locked from the inside by a huge bolt. This door leads under the lecture theatre and in turn, into the tunnels. Was down there last night. Got into the arts block after it was closed. I took more pictures but havent taken them off my camera yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

U should put the pics up somewhere I love to see them

I'm most likely not gonna put them online. Was back down there last night and discovered that there's a whole set of tunnels underneath science that i hadnt seen before. Didnt have enough time to explore them at all really, but will soon.

Ah you should put them up , just block out the faces with MS Paint?

More revalations,

On further investagions down the 'Chemistry' tunnel we just found a whole seperate network of tunnels which connect all the buildings in science (bar that new one). From these, we found our way into various places. The most interesting being somewhere underneath the main lecture building in science. Through an unusually small door which was unlocked we found a secret library. Loads of really old books in a fairly dank basementy type room. Seemed to mostly be really old books circa 150 years old or so. That was a bit mad. There were motion sensors in there, but from what we see, they were only used for turning on the automatic lights... I have more photos of course, if people want to see i'll post a load of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Jaysus!
    G'wan, post em up!

i'm in the process of making a map of where they all are. i'll post it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

You are, possibly, the UCD forum's greatest asset.
    (I love your band too)

Advertisement