Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd's mystery locations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Here are some small thumbnails. Didnt post any with faces in case the lads didnt want me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

cooooooooooooooool.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I want down there..... gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. There must be a way. There must there must there must.

well grimey there obviously is if daram has been there! ask him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

How did you actually get in?

Super Cool Lads!!!

The most adventurous I got was sneaking in to the lecture theatres in arts through the indoor tunnels for a quick smoke.
    We got as far as trying to set up in a clear out after one of the tunnels until we noticed the 'Aspestos' signs all around the place & so scarpered into Theater N!
    Happy Days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

what?! its not a myth?! there are tunnels! oh my ****ing god i cant study, how did you get down??????

We should meet up in a group. Just a few of us.Leave our student cards behind and go down there very very late

Grimes wrote:
    We should meet up in a group. Just a few of us.Leave our student cards behind and go down there very very late

UCDboards beers?? lollers [good idea btw grimes]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

you must tell us how to acess them, I have to see them before i leave UCD forever, Dutch soc are always looking for places to drink on campus, this could be the best yet.

PS where are the legitaimate tunnels in arts is it down that spiral staircase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i have to know PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE we spent half of first year looking for those bad boys! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grimes wrote:

Did anyone see the movie The Hole?

I'm just saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Wicked!Please dont let those pics be hoaxes! I am actually kinda scared now after looking at them-thats so creepy that theres a whole network of tunnels under our feet.Did you meet the teenage mutant nija turtles down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was down there the other night... Didn't see any turtles, but I did see this delightful fellow:

Master_Splinter_Sm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

Cool.

DaveMcG wrote:
    I was down there the other night... Didn't see any turtles, but I did see this delightful fellow:

Master_Splinter_Sm.jpg

Bob Geldof's always hanging around this place. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good work my friend :p

geldof_narrowweb__200x284.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

And sometimes late at night, when all the students are asleep, he creeps through the tunnels hoping that the judge won't bar him for that as well!!!

I'm running out of things to get me jollies from... damn judges... barring orders and restraining orders...

(drools and rubs knees....)

Did anyone see the movie The Hole?

I'm just saying...

Yeah and Ciara Knightly gets her kitt off! Where exactly is the problem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I want to do that! Is it difficult to get into them?

If I say how to get intp them, then chances are some idiot will get caught and then they'll get locked back up again.

• Advertisement

Is there no type of security down there?

There doesnt appear to be. So sensors on any doors, no motion sensors. All the doors are locked from the inside, mostly just with a latch. Some have padlocks but mostly not. It's basically full of pipes. There's a few phones, some gas sensors, a lighting ring with which you can turn on all the lights with just one button (we didn't though, it's a sure way of letting services no your in there). There's a few big fans and stuff underneath the arts block. There were a few doors at the start we didnt open for fear of magnetic sensors on them, but in retrospect I'm confident that it would have been okay. Heading down again soon to do somemore exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

If you go down again take more photos.
    I know a few people who have been in the tunnels, one group of lads got in a few years ago and just looked up and down it, but didnt go far coz they didnt have light. Another guy I know got in and tried to use the glow from his phone to see stuff.
    I have a full set of caving lamps. Would love to put them to good use =0)

I have loads more photos on my HD. If you're larry from 4th year CS, then you can see them. If not, then probably not. If anyone wants to join me on my next venture, I'm sitting in stats all day studying and I might head down there later... although, i don't have my torch today which will make it a fair bit harder. The old glow from the phone trick isn't much good.

Correction, I do have my torch. It was hiding at the bottom of my bag. Game on.

cant do tonight . Take pictures!!!

Remember 'To remove the spider's curse, simply quote a Bible verse..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

daram wrote:
    I have loads more photos on my HD. If you're larry from 4th year CS, then you can see them. If not, then probably not. If anyone wants to join me on my next venture, I'm sitting in stats all day studying and I might head down there later... although, i don't have my torch today which will make it a fair bit harder. The old glow from the phone trick isn't much good.

Correction, I do have my torch. It was hiding at the bottom of my bag. Game on.

I am, larry from 4th year CS. Am in the lab at the moment, would love to see the pics at some point.

I'm in stats and thats awfully far away. If only there was someway of getting there through a network of underground tunnels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

daram wrote:
    If I say how to get intp them, then chances are some idiot will get caught and then they'll get locked back up again.
    Plus you don't know if services are reading this thread. Or if they will read it in the future.

I'd love to go down sometime. It's something I want to do before I leave UCD. But am at home now. Definitly take photos. :)

• Advertisement

i just tried uploading more picture and it told me i needed had insufficient privlges etc.

Anywise, anyone who wants to know how to get in, i'm in stats (aka library 5th floor) pretty much everyday for the next 2 weeks...

Advertisement