Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Ricks.

\o/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

oooh good choice....

yes, my first move towards running the world has started....

i was elected class rep by default...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i got voted in as class rep this year but i didnt want to do it as iv too much on my plate as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Same reason I didn't continue it back when I was in second year. Bein class rep was fun in first year tho, cept for all the SU stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm class rep for NS. I don't intend on doing any SU stuff.

• Advertisement

Actually, I don't even know if I'm officially a class rep because not only do I not know what Donal has been talking about as regards forms, I've never even seen said forms.

Yeah, there were some gaps around campus, but the nomination forms were available for the past 3 weeks on most major notice boards around college and on the SU Stand during freshers' week, 2 weeks from James's, and 1 week from every single possible notice board in the Arts Block.

Offically, you're not a class rep - Class reps are elected by the SU. You can drop up to me and grab a form in the next day or two... that is, if you somehow happen to know where I am...

[edit]The forms were also available on the SU site: http://su.netsoc.tcd.ie/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=295&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You're getting well into this job now eh Dónal? Fair play to yeh.

But bring back my beloved peoplefinder.

we've never had a proper election, what happens is people start yelling out names in class and saying why they deserve it( eg nominate someone) and if nobody contests it (like for first and secound year we had the same person as rep) they get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Got me new blades....nearly go too fast....but anyway who needs to live to 22 ;)

on the down side got done for duty, 60quid :( , they are probally going to get me again next week with that other chassis and ice skates comming :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

There's lots of threads over on the biz- online buying/selling forum about getting the packages labelled as 'gifts' with a value of less than 20 euro to avoid duty. Don't know if that would work when buying stuff from online companies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My god, it's absolutely PISSING rain outside... (didn't want to put this in the rant/bitch/moan thread, cos it's not really a bad thing, and is kinda cool to watch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

yeah and i dropped my ballisto from the S.U. shop (the one near the front entrance at the bottom floor of that big white building where the Science Fiction club live where I got my Ed Byrne tickets and my Traffic Light Ball tickets)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Sandals wrote:
    yeah and i dropped my ballisto from the S.U. shop (the one near the front entrance at the bottom floor of that big white building where the Science Fiction club live where I got my Ed Byrne tickets and my Traffic Light Ball tickets)
    That'd be House 6. Where you personally bought tickets for Ed Byrne was a dead giveaway.

Sandals wrote:
    yeah and i dropped my ballisto from the S.U. shop

Yellow or green ballisto? If yellow then you have my sympathies, if green then it's all for the best. Neither are a patch on the orange ones though. Which you can't get here anymore. I had to buy 6 multipacks in Germany and now they're gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I *heart* my electric blanket. And, dream of living somewhere with central heating...

What's a ballisto? I googled it and got some medical device that measures the output of blood from the heart, is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Aw cuckoo! You can have a spare room in my house! Trust me though the CH is a bit much after a while, so stuffy...

Pet -it's a snack bar kinda thing!
    image_250

Oh wow. So far off!

Oh and I agree about central heating, it's the bane of my life.

Well it's the effort that counts *pats pet on the head*

It's only october and already we're being blasted out of it! I don't think we really need the heat on yet, it's not even that cold!

My woo/hoo anti moan bit -Yay back to trinity tomorrow instead of James's!:)

• Advertisement

It's only october and already we're being blasted out of it! I don't think we really need the heat on yet, it's not even that cold!

I agree, although you're in James', which is gonna be kept warmer anyways. But try being in goldsmith hall at 5pm on a monday - absolute hell!! Not only is it roasting hot, but there's hardly any oxygen because all the preceding classes have used it up, so you're hot and tired, and you can't even concentrate!

Hmmm yeah see your point, but you can't exactly give out to people for using up all your air! Hey you! Yes you in the black! Easy on the O2 there man I need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man, Orange ballistos are like sex in some kind of snack form. its so hard going back to yellow after those...

crash_000 wrote:
    Man, Orange ballistos are like sex in some kind of snack form. its so hard going back to yellow after those...

I know, I'm getting a friend to post me a box of them. Pure heroin in chocolate form.

just about to help a lecturer fix their computer, also we got the psychology forum!:)

library hours in James got extended :), i wonder if Myth had anything to do with it?

oh and it's friday so no lectures tomorrow.

looking forward to making halloween costumes tomorrow for the kids in sherrif street. i have 3hours to try and make as many of them as a i can!

then ill hopefully be marching in the samhain parade in my own costume latter on, should be great fun, we've got our own Samba band and everythinig :)!

Woohoo for free stuff! I was at the alternative health show in the rds, and came back with enough herbal tea to last me a year, along with loads of free samples. I feel marginally better today..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

just back from an utterly mad weekend in lyanch....as crash will agree... god help me when people put those pic's or vids on the interweb....

rollerblading around hammered pissed at 3am was great...

and the ultimate frizbee game of about 50 people on the street all pissed, where ye rugby tackle people to try get to the frizbee first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man that ultimate frisbee game was fantastic craic - was quite proud of my score :)

Personally my high point was the fact that despite being horrendously drunk (beer + Jager = goooooood) i can still remember every moment of the absolute insane drinkingness :)

oh and ian, i'll be editting the video this week :)

Advertisement