Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options
  • 27-07-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

We're all very good at posting in the moan/bitching/groan thread, so i thought maybe we could try a 'woo hoo!' thread? For the 'i got a job/won the lotto/had a nice day' posts.

So, for the first 'woo hoo' post:

I got wolf whistled by a large group of guys yesterday, which really cheered me up - and put the 'i got it going on' swagger in my step. ;)

I'm not going to dwell on the fact that it was just past St Michans, and they were being led out of the garda station chained together to be loaded into a prison service van, and i might be the last woman they'll see for months....so they might have whistled at one of the Golden Girls if they'd walked by.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

I just discovered that there is a slab of caramel fudge roughly the size of the Lake District sitting in my cupboard. Which is obviously awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

just finished reading the new harry potter book, absolutely brillant.
    full of romance and a main charachter dies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

childish romance, the worst romance of them all.
    I all writing to confirm you have been allocated a place in Zoology, your highest preference...

I'm happy.

Hey cuckoo you get physics? of course you did?
    hey sb (is that your current nick, can't remember) did you get astro? i'm sure you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'd like to give a big ''woo hoo'' to ''woo hoo'' threads..... they're fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Haunter wrote:
    I just discovered that there is a slab of caramel fudge roughly the size of the Lake District sitting in my cupboard. Which is obviously awesome.
    ...And still eating.

• Advertisement

massive big party on tomorrow and costume festival thing beforehand... can't wait, get to dress up as a gaint flamingo..:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Physics!

*if there were dancing smilies i'd put them in here*

:D

job interview tomorrow, came out of the blue after sending my cv to a few nursing homes...:-), wish me luck!

Currently eating one of those "Balisto" Honey-Almond-Mix bars. Damn they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i get paid today! woo-hoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

am really, really toasted right now... woo-hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

Checked my balance today and I got paid, even though I wasn't expecting to be paid till Monday. I'd forgotten there was an upside to having a job. Celebrated by buying some CDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Goin campin tomorrow! Wont be around k.. Ian's responsibility to keep kev in check ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

yep i got astro kev, congrats with zoology..and yay for cuckoo aswell :)

on the woohoo front, going to a party now woohoo :D

fook you apex.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Goin campin tomorrow! Wont be around k.. Ian's responsibility to keep kev in check ;)

That's odd...so am I. Hmmm...

Myth wrote:
    That's odd...so am I. Hmmm...

Me three. Camping in the rain - um, woo hoo?

i'd like to go camping soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

I might be doing a computer science evening course in Trinity this year. it depends on whether or not they let me in but Ill put in a tentative WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! now and edit it out later if they tell me to bog off :D.

fingers crossed stag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

fingers crossed stag.

cheers man :) im sending in my c.v. and begging letter to the admissions office over the next few days and hopefully I should hear back pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

cuckoo wrote:
    Me three. Camping in the rain - um, woo hoo?
    campings always good, regardless of the weather.... does make it that bit more interesting if its pissing rain... tho aslong as ye've plenty of booze its grand........

got the job and brillant pay/ conditions with it, pay rises every 6 months whether in college or not! wooho...training begins next wednesday!0653.gif

snorlax wrote:
    got the job and brillant pay/ conditions with it, pay rises every 6 months whether in college or not! wooho...training begins next wednesday!0653.gif

Woo hoo! Go snorlax!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Ah well done, that's great.

I'm so happy because I got paid a ridiculous amount of money today, had a great night out last night, another planned for tonight and finish up working in exactly 1 hr and 34 mins (well probably a good bit later because I'm working with kids whose parents seem adverse to taking them back home and leave it as late as possible to pick them up but still). I'm so happy!!

Thanks Stargal and Cuckoo!
    0518.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm officially unemployed - which sounds like a bad thing but is actually my first proper rest since before exams started - WOOHOO!

you coming out tonight Christine? what time did yee lot leave fiachra's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I got my first paycheck!!!!!!!!!

AND it doesn't include my overtime which comes next month and that is FAT!!!!

Wooo-Hooo!

indy is that going to be a 5 figure check, your ot one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Woohoo for:

-new pc's in the laser huts (my home pc is gone so I have to resort to trekking into college to get my internet fix)
    -moving out in october
    -DRESDEN DOLLS IN EDINBURGH!!

Advertisement