Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Oddly enough, i was drunkenly talking to some girl in 3rd year OT last night - cant for the life of me remember her name, but she had slightly reddish hair and was pretty.

ah beer, when will you ever fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

crash_000 wrote:
    Oddly enough, i was drunkenly talking to some girl in 3rd year OT last night - cant for the life of me remember her name, but she had slightly reddish hair and was pretty.

ah beer, when will you ever fail me.
    If all you were doing was talking, I'd say it has already failed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ask her tomorrow what happened to her standards talking to a cs geek :p

hmm was her hair dyed?

• Advertisement

possibly - once again, was very drunk and just happened to get talking to her when out for a ciggie cus she'd been working the door in the downstairs in dorans.

http://www.kodakmobile.com/PSPhotoView.jsp?folderid=-91695954207&collid=50505801507&photoid=93145801507&page=1&&refreshkey=1128887269421

aha! i think the one sitting down on the left was the one i was drunkenly annoying! say sorry from me!

that's Saskia, will see her tomorrow if i ever manage to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I really like listening to the sound of rain on the window as i'm tucked up in bed about to go to sleep. It's nights like this that remind me what i like about autumn - wrapping up warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Who's this? Maeve binchy..?

Ok I'll bite, I love early winter, like november. One of the first frosts. Ya get up at 7am and the sun is blaring but the grass is frosty and the air is crisp. You're wrapped up with a scarf but you know later in the day you wont even need your jacket. Great feeling, even get's rid of the monday morning blues for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Nah, I'm with cuckoo, autumn is definitely nicer than the winter. Although you really have to be in the country to appreciate it - I miss home in Meath, it's nicest this time of year with all the trees. :(

we have american coffee....and the free morning herald and metro every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

snorlax wrote:
    and the free morning herald and metro every morning.

The morning herald is woeful. I got one today and I'm sorry I wasted my energy going over to the person handing them out at the Luas. The free papers you get through your front door are better. Wait, this is the anti-moan thread. Just imagine you read this in the rant thread.

well i figure they're free and they've got the tv page and film reviews and some puzzles. apart from they provide reading material when downing my customery morning coffee.

i very nearly ended up working as one of those people handing papers out (the metro), they get paid about 12 eur an hour.....but you have to work 6-10am.

snorlax wrote:
    i very nearly ended up working as one of those people handing papers out (the metro), they get paid about 12 eur an hour.....but you have to work 6-10am.

I couldn't function at that time in the morning, even for 12 euro an hour. The am is not my friend.

John2 wrote:
    I couldn't function at that time in the morning, even for 12 euro an hour. The am is not my friend.
    Same. I'd probably fall asleep standing up.

*laughs ass off*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Boards nearly back to working \o/

Regi wrote:
    Boards nearly back to working \o/

Your work is appreciated

Suweeet... I rang fedex and my skates will apparently arrive this morning. Reason I'm posting? Cos it's sure to make Ian jealous :D

We both ordered our skates at the same time.. actually correction: HE ordered both our skates at the same time. While I had all my credit card details filled in I began to hesitate over the money, at which point he leans over and clicks purchase with my mouse. The bastid ;)

Edit: Picture:
    MS626-2T.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i have the day off! and for some reason i'm in the Lazer huts....

type the following {img} web address {/img}, except replace the frilly brackets with square brackets "[" the web address of the picture going inbetween..

email it to me and I'll put it on the interweb. I know you can't put it on your maths account in belgium due to pinhole firewall something or other..

Can't have an animated sig I'm afraid man, or one that's 350kb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Tits.

Yes, I actually handed in an essay on time yesterday. And for once it wasn't a rushed, half-assed effort designed solely to barely achieve a pass grade. Go me.:)

Finally got my ****ing laptop "cliniced". and after all that hullabaloo? It was a printout of instructions I could have followed in the comfort of my room. BAH.

This could belong in either the rant or the woohoo thread actually, but I think I shall leave it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

There's so much woohooness about thursday nights.

Another week done, 2 down 20 to go. :)
    Waking up on friday mornings, and thinking "woohoo, I only have to go to work today" :)
    Really appreciating evenings again :)

I had the best first date ever last night... Chatted, laughed, kissed... Just wicked. Not much more I can say, apart from the fact that I'm grinning beatifically right now with the memory of it. Fantastic.:D

Actually, why am I telling you people this???

Meh, I don't care, I'm happy...

• Advertisement

good to hear Seb! :) she a UCD'er too?

Advertisement