Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

Tush wrote:
    Keen Look 19.35 Gowran

Although the fav looks good in this race under K Fallon,Keen Look is another that might be worth noting in the market,Fran Berry gets on well with this nag,and if my memory serves me right he is 2/3 on him this season,I know the yard likes a tilt in the ring so maybe worth an E/W if there is any support.
    10/1 at present.
    Same applies to Blayney James 20.15 Sligo (market moves,has been supported alreadt and got a timid enough ride at the Galway meeting)

King After 20.52 Kempton

This horse seems to run its best races on the all-weather,has won off a mark of 60 before,races off 61 tonight and with G Baker booked to steer it could be value at 12/1 E/W.
    Sorry about Blayney,Girly,I worried when the horse drifted so badly

No joy there wit King:( Finally my tip for tomorrow,or should I say fancy,
    Leningrad 15.40 Haydock
    Very well bred sort,a good second last time out to Bosset,did not seem to settle that day early on and I think if Jimmy Fortune gets him settled this should win,Saeed bin Suroor is having a bad season and he has the top who rates the main danger,hope his bad season continues:) ,5/1 on the ATR site if I can get that I will be :D
    Good Night All :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

leningrad was Michael Bell's Derby fancy this year, hacked up at Lingfield when strangely unfancied....(as in was evs when should have been 1-4)....anyway...I'm fairly drunk and saying this now...the point being...Leningrad is no stranger to anyone.

"No stranger to anyone",dont see your point fade2black :confused: obviously good gargle you had

• Advertisement

It really wasn't that great to be honest...I ended up drinking Tia Maria's at the end of the night. Kinda gay but my word are they tasty.

I'll speak more coherently to you now sir. This horse was a derby hopeful for bell and his team and made a pleasing debut at lingfield....kind of regressed since then, however, Bell has come out and said that he now knows the secret to this horse...so he's been well back this morning. Now 7/2. So well down for pointing it out last night and I apologise for my drunken musings.

Understand you now Buddy,Tia Maria-nice drink,but too easy to drink,before you know it the bottle is gone :D
    No need to apologise,Iwas just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

looked at teh same race..... and i'm goin to oppose Leningrad in this one!!! :O

My vote goes to Count Trvisio the Godaulphin runner. LeninG has been expected to do great things but hasnt, CT has got the results.

+ CT is in my 7Stars team..... what more do u want :p

Anybody see the race,sounded like a good one on the radio ??
    and does anyone know what the going is like at Tipp tonight.??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

One of our big punters has Greenwich meantime for the Totesport Ebor for Wed. He loves putting a nice 100e/w on his selections. Hasnt won his last 2 selections so he is due a winner...:)

• Advertisement

Cosmopolitan Lady 18.30 Haydock
    This is a heart ruling the head tip,I have backed this nag on 3 out of its 5 starts,owes me a fortune,but I am willing to give it one last chance to prove it can get its head in front where it counts and hopefully tomorrow is the day.If you look at the line of form through Frontline In Focus last time out,you would have to give it every chance here.Beaten 1L by the above last time,who subsequently beat Ishi Adiva by a short head,Ishi Adiva then went on to finish second in the Weatherbys Super Sprint to Elhamri,that race was worth £77 grand+,the selection goes in a Nursery tomorrow worth £3,239,must have a huge chance.Hope you can make this out,not the greatest at write-ups.
    Any thoughts would be greatful because I am thinking of a maximum bet.????? (Play or Stay Away)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Tush wrote:
    Cosmopolitan Lady 18.30 Haydock
    This is a heart ruling the head tip,I have backed this nag on 3 out of its 5 starts,owes me a fortune,but I am willing to give it one last chance to prove it can get its head in front where it counts and hopefully tomorrow is the day.If you look at the line of form through Frontline In Focus last time out,you would have to give it every chance here.Beaten 1L by the above last time,who subsequently beat Ishi Adiva by a short head,Ishi Adiva then went on to finish second in the Weatherbys Super Sprint to Elhamri,that race was worth £77 grand+,the selection goes in a Nursery tomorrow worth £3,239,must have a huge chance.Hope you can make this out,not the greatest at write-ups.
    Any thoughts would be greatful because I am thinking of a maximum bet.????? (Play or Stay Away)

Personally, i think thats its too little between all the horses to go maximum bet, but then my tipping is brutal and youve been doing alright lately so what would i know. Imo i would go each way on both Mr Click and Bazroy who are dropping in class, proven at the distance and both have a chance if they can handle the weight. Good luck anyway:D

Thnx dvd,I will keep that in mind,might wait til the opening show to see how betting goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

5.55 wexford- packie tam..
    [edit] should do better than form suggests, running well at gallops, hopefully place [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

bah, sorry about this..
    weakened badly at last furlong.. horse just wasn't good enough in the end.. at 25/1 though i'd imagine nobody had their house on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

My 2.50 e/w-Down the drain! I could have got a pint with that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Got a tip from the owner for timber scorpion in the next in listowel [3.35]

Get on e/w

My horse runs at 5.20 and it has a decent chance although I don't know if he'll manage the weight. Nina carbery is on board so that is a big positive. I'd advise a small ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok for a bit of a giggle I'm gonna use my 'powahs' to give tips on a few races. Its just a bit of fun and will pick horses that 'feel good' to me:

HEREFORD
    12:40 NOV HURDLE 2m 3f 110yds Today - Evelith Forrest
    1:40 SELL HURDLE 2m 1f Today - Lyricists Dream

KENILWORTH
    1:10 LISTED STAKES 2m Today - Spirit Of France

NEWMARKET
    4:10 MAIDEN PLATE 5f Today - Thirsty

If its not ok to do this just let me know.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

12:00 6f Claimer - Majik

Erm...I'm tempted to say it's really not okay to do this but I think I'll let that up to everyone else. However, it would be better to open up a thread in the forum for it rather than the sticky because some people are subscribed to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

More bookie shop tips! Was in Paddys in Phibsboro yesterday and this lad was just off the phone to his mate in England who gave him 2 tips who he said would have a very good chance.

The first tip was Brosna Cry in the 1st at Wolverhampton yesterday, he hacked up at 10/1. The second tip was for a horse called Hello Man who runs in the 5.50 at Kempton this evening. Kevin Manning has gone over for the ride. He's currently 7/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

Pighead wrote:
    More bookie shop tips! Was in Paddys in Phibsboro yesterday and this lad was just off the phone to his mate in England who gave him 2 tips who he said would have a very good chance.

The first tip was Brosna Cry in the 1st at Wolverhampton yesterday, he hacked up at 10/1. The second tip was for a horse called Hello Man who runs in the 5.50 at Kempton this evening. Kevin Manning has gone over for the ride. He's currently 7/1.

Also got tip for hello man last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote:

No good, a 25/1 shot wins. Manning didn't get the best of runs and got boxed in coming down the straight, doubt he would have won anyway but he probably would have got a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

Pighead wrote:
    No good, a 25/1 shot wins. Manning didn't get the best of runs and got boxed in coming down the straight, doubt he would have won anyway but he probably would have got a place.

Hello man out again tonight at wolves 9.30. Different pilot this time. Was 8/1 earlier in the day. down to 6f - hopefully will get a better run tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

wolfe wrote:
    Hello man out again tonight at wolves 9.30. Different pilot this time. Was 8/1 earlier in the day. down to 6f - hopefully will get a better run tonight.

Yikes that was close!

wolfe wrote:
    Unlucky Wolfe.

That Man Jerry O Dyer again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

The Light Fanda 2.15 Southwell.

E/w bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Keep an eye on Ballycullen Boy in the 3.05 in Cork today. Currently floating above the 10/1 mark, should be backed in before the mornings out I reckon.

Will have some insider information in the morning (the real morning), so i'll let you know if possible.

Worthy of an each way bet anyways.

Was just onto them there, they reckon he's only out for a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Ballycullen Boy finished up fourth. Could easily have placed. Jockey left marks on the horse after clearly trying to hold him back after coming over the last fence...

One to keep any eye on though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement