Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

finnpark wrote:
    I got it at 8/1 £50 win and £50 each way. Looks reqal good, official rating is way below rp rating. Has great chance well spotted.

went off at 9/2
    made 2 mistakes with his jumping might be one to watch for the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

hiscan wrote:
    went off at 9/2
    made 2 mistakes with his jumping might be one to watch for the future

Yes, huge gamble all right. Managed to lay offover half during play at high risk. Will put it in the horse tracker:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 meverly

Crap Spam
    I recommend the website - have been following for some time - Indian Maiden was the right pick as a winner. Compromiznotension - 3.50 - Redcar is the next one -
    hopefully equally successfull!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DublinAl

Did a lot of study on today's cards last night & this morning.... couldn't make my mind up so I narrowed it down to 3 bets :D . So here it is for posterity (& other reasons that will remain unmentioned !).

Win Canadian - Bet No. 1 :

Mulberry Lad 13/8 Wolv. 3.30
    Moscow Whisper @ 10/3 South. 4.10
    Jodante @ 9/4 South 5.10
    Attaca @ 5/2 Muss. 5.20
    Figaro's Quest @ 10/11 Wolv. 5.20

Win Canadian - Bet No. 2 :

Magic Warrior @ 6/4 Wolv. 2.30
    Major Magpie @ 10/11 Muss. 3.20
    Sky Crusader @ 100/30 Muss. 3.50
    Red Vixen @ 2/1 Wolv.4.00
    Reluctant Suitor @ 6/5 Muss. 4.20

.... and finally !

E/W Canadian - Bet No. 3 :

Romany Dream @ 7/1 , South. 3.40
    Will He Wish @ 9/1 , Muss. 3.50
    The Flyer @ 4/1, South 4.40
    Grey Outlook @ 5/1, Muss 4.50
    Wood Fern @ 6/1 Wolv. 5.30

... I did say I couldn't make my mind up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

could u explain Canadian bets? is it like a placepot etc?

• Advertisement

could u explain Canadian bets? is it like a placepot etc?

Same as a Yankee but with 5 horses rather than 4. Another name for it is Super-Yankee.

There are 26 bets in total, composed of Doubles, Trebles, 4 & 5 horse accumulators.

You must have more than 1 win to get any return. Generally , 2 to 3 winners are required to clear your bet, depending on the returned odds.

An E/W Canadian is exactly the same but wins and places are counted. There are 52 different bets in this.

You wager an amount per line. I.E. €1 Win Canadian will cost you €26. A €1 e/w Canadian will cost you €52 etc.

Generally, can be a cheap and cheerful way to have an interest in several races for as little an outlay as you want. The minimum stake is generally about 10c per line or €2.60.

An update on the Canadian bets earlier:

Win Canadian - Bet No. 1 - Result :

Mulberry Lad 13/8 Wolv. 3.30 - 1st @ 11/8f
    Moscow Whisper @ 10/3 South. 4.10 - 3rd @ 10/3
    Jodante @ 9/4 South 5.10 - 1st @ 9/4
    Attaca @ 5/2 Muss. 5.20 - 1st @ 5/2
    Figaro's Quest @ 10/11 Wolv. 5.20 - 1st @ 5/6f

Win Canadian - Bet No. 2 - Results:

Magic Warrior @ 6/4 Wolv. 2.30 - 2nd @ 13/8f
    Major Magpie @ 10/11 Muss. 3.20 - 6th @ 6/5f
    Sky Crusader @ 100/30 Muss. 3.50 - 7th @ 100/30
    Red Vixen @ 2/1 Wolv.4.00 - 2nd @ 10/3
    Reluctant Suitor @ 6/5 Muss. 4.20 - 2nd @ 11/8f

.... and finally !

E/W Canadian - Bet No. 3 - results :

Romany Dream @ 7/1 , South. 3.40 - 2nd @10/1
    Will He Wish @ 9/1 , Muss. 3.50 - 1st @ 11/1
    The Flyer @ 4/1, South 4.40 - 2nd @ 4/1
    Grey Outlook @ 5/1, Muss 4.50 - 3rd @ 7/1
    Wood Fern @ 6/1 Wolv. 5.30 - 4th @ 15/2

I'm not too sure if I should be posting this here as The only tipsters these came from was a combo of ATR Website / RP Spotlight / RP Ratings tipsters and my own reasoning.

If this is not in the correct place to post, can one of the mods let me know. I wreckoned that I had some of these nailed, that's mainly why I posted.

Cheers
    Al

meverly wrote:
    Crap Spam
    I recommend the website - have been following for some time - Indian Maiden was the right pick as a winner. Compromiznotension - 3.50 - Redcar is the next one -
    hopefully equally successfull!!!
    fade2black - hi, with all due respect, if you think the website I wrote about is crap, do not use it then and you are right to express your opinions to the other forum users- but you could have done so without editing my reply.
    good luck with your bets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

meverly wrote:
    fade2black - hi, with all due respect, if you think the website I wrote about is crap, do not use it then and you are right to express your opinions to the other forum users- but you could have done so without editing my reply.
    good luck with your bets!

due respect given..
    i appreciate your contribution to this developing forum but you must also appreciate the responsibilitys of f2b with regards to the moderating of the shinanigans that go on around here..

there are constant posts with regards to "tipsters" and the like that need a little "trimming down" and editing on ocassion to simply save some people from making irresponsible decisions..

your decision to post about a website that happens to create an evens odds (usually) selection every day with a strike rate of around 33% leads most of us to believe that you have some affilliation with the site...
    of course you could just be a fan of the site who happens to be chosing the right horses at the right time..
    you must also understand that by following the sites selections blindly the readers of this forum would be running themselves into a big deficit unless you explain why you believe the horse has a chance...

in future, if you could perhaps explain why a horse has a good chance and give your own opinion instead of blindly quoting an unprofitable organisations choises,.. it would lead to a beter discussion of the race in question..

further development of the forum is what is needed in my opinion and by continually reading and learning about the types of races and horses i believe i'm learning a great deal about the subject..
    i just don't like to see people post up "tips" or "tipping websites" without showing any proven record or reasoning to us why they actually believe the selection is going to win..

anyway, after masterK attracting mr. wolf to the radar, further research has developed an interest and i shall be all over it e/w for the 2000 guineass tomorrow.. g/l all..

Thank you. I am careful enough when following various websites with tips etc. and moderating the forum is fine with me too. And I agree tips should be coming from "trustworthy" website if that's the right word to use. Anyway, I heard from someone Red Clubs is a horse to watch in newmarket - so am looking forward to that race.

Good luck with betting.

• Advertisement

l
    l
    legend in hand 5.15 killarney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Got a call about Thruthechair in Killarney 5:15...source is a new one so could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

fade2black wrote:
    Got a call about Thruthechair in Killarney 5:15...source is a new one so could be anything.

Almost, only beaten a neck. Seems like a source to keep on side.

ran a good race alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

masterK wrote:
    Almost, only beaten a neck. Seems like a source to keep on side.

Same source has told me about a horse running tomorrow in Clonmel by the name of FrenchFurze Lad. Been told the horse is expected to win but they attach the usual each way caution to it.

Running at 7:35 in Clonmel tomorrow night.

fade2black wrote:
    Same source has told me about a horse running tomorrow in Clonmel by the name of FrenchFurze Lad. Been told the horse is expected to win but they attach the usual each way caution to it.

Thanks for that, it is 14/1 at Will Hill and elsewhere while it has been backed from 10/1 into 7/1 on PP and is 6/1 on Betfair. Back at 14/1 and lay off later - there is no way its going to open anywhere near 14/1. Great trading opportunity to guarantee profit. :)

finnpark wrote:
    Thanks for that, it is 14/1 at Will Hill and elsewhere while it has been backed from 10/1 into 7/1 on PP and is 6/1 on Betfair. Back at 14/1 and lay off later - there is no way its going to open anywhere near 14/1. Great trading opportunity to guarantee profit. :)

Think my 200 pushed it into 10s with Will Hill but still 14s with Bet365 if any1 wants to trade :) . It will open on track at less than 10s surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Have 40ew myself @14/1. I have a large credit card bill to pay off so a win would be great!

clusk007 wrote:
    Have 40ew myself @14/1. I have a large credit card bill to pay off so a win would be great!

Im trying to lay it off on Betfair at 8.4 but no luck yet:o . It should open at 8s or so , still 14s at Bet365. Worth trading I think.

fade2black wrote:

Ive just stuck 25 euro on it at 28/1 on Betfair :eek: Whats the story, is it a non runner???? Or I am screwed here:o

• Advertisement

finnpark wrote:
    Ive just stuck 25 euro on it at 28/1 on Betfair :eek: Whats the story, is it a non runner???? Or I am screwed here:o

Mega , backed it at 28/1 and layed it off at 11/1 - my betfair panel is all green .

Does any1 know how this happen, it was available at 28/1 with about 60 euro available to back it. I cant understand :confused: . Anyway my Betfair account is showing all green now for this race and I have quite a bit on with Will Hill and bet365.

just got a tip for mr ned in the 9.00 at ballinrobe
    already backed into 7/2 from 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

hiscan wrote:
    just got a tip for mr ned in the 9.00 at ballinrobe
    already backed into 7/2 from 7/1

I also got a tip for this earlier. Well backed now. Got it at 8.0 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I'm off on my holliers in the morning for two weeks, i got a very big tip for Dylan Thomas in the Irish derby, same guy has only given me two in the last two months, Billy Bonnie and Walk in my Shadow, I didnt get a chance to post them up as i was in work. If it gets beat il be on the other side of europe anyway :p

Looks like the price has been ripped out of it already, im on at 7's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

2 Curragh tips from a fairly reliable source:

Don't put your house on them or anything, but hopefully they will be handy enough.

3:10 - Drayton
    5:45 - Master of the Chase (may be worth taking e/w)

got a tip this morning for karramlu in the 7.10 in roscommon
    8/1 with paddy power so i backed e.w. just in case
    i mean you just dont know with tips nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

Set Fire 19.05 Gowran
    Ridden and owned by Johnny Murtagh,this horse would have to be respected in this field,has some very good form on its card,beaten 6ls by Dylan Thomas,and 2.5ls by Taqseem,any money for this would be worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Tush wrote:
    Set Fire 19.05 Gowran
    Ridden and owned by Johnny Murtagh,this horse would have to be respected in this field,has some very good form on its card,beaten 6ls by Dylan Thomas,and 2.5ls by Taqseem,any money for this would be worth noting.

Good call - wish I'd seen this before I had Distant Piper :(

Keen Look 19.35 Gowran

Although the fav looks good in this race under K Fallon,Keen Look is another that might be worth noting in the market,Fran Berry gets on well with this nag,and if my memory serves me right he is 2/3 on him this season,I know the yard likes a tilt in the ring so maybe worth an E/W if there is any support.
    10/1 at present.

• Advertisement

samo wrote:
    Good call - wish I'd seen this before I had Distant Piper :(
    Wasnt sure where to post it,or if I was allowed.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement