Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Dancing Hero 1st and Ballycullen 2nd by a nostril. That horse is never gonna win i'm certain. Haha.

Had the reverse forecast on both though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭steveymp@hotmai

Did the straight forecast Conz:D Cheers for that

Only small stake;) but nice none the less, next time it'll win;)

Should have won. They fired the jockey after the race (and apparently he was getting abusive phonecalls from a heap of people telling him he was a joke of a jockey). Will have his first win next time out under AJ i'm certain.

Tipp Mid West (running in the 4.00 at Hexham) is in with a decent chance of a place apparently. Currently drifting around 40's.

Although, it is hit or miss - he sometimes has problems with his leg (or something to that effect) so if he's problem free on track, he's in with quite a good chance at a decent price.

Enjoy.

Result: Miss.

He'll have his day though i'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

conZ wrote:
    Tipp Mid West (running in the 4.00 at Hexham) is in with a decent chance of a place apparently. Currently drifting around 40's.

Although, it is hit or miss - he sometimes has problems with his leg (or something to that effect) so if he's problem free on track, he's in with quite a good chance at a decent price.

Enjoy.

Result: Miss.

He'll have his day though i'm sure.

out again today at 3.40 perth

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

wolfe wrote:
    out again today at 3.40 perth

came 4th yesterday at 200/1. only paid out on first 3 though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭trojaneater1

Striving storm sandown 4.25
    10/1
    Do with this info what you like;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭trojaneater1

Striving storm sandown 4.25
    10/1
    Do with this info what you like;)

2nd . sorry bout that...................:rolleyes:

wolfe wrote:
    came 4th yesterday at 200/1. only paid out on first 3 though!!

I watched that race in the bookies by chance, hadn't him backed at all - didn't realise he was racing until I heard him battling for second and I was sickened.

He was jumping well until about the 4th out, then he didn't impress after that. Was about 20 lengths behind the winner as far as I remember. Definately keep him on the tracker though.

They bought him for like €1500 a while back apparantly in Quin, Clare I think, but has excelled something serious since they brought him to England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Gowran Park later today 5:45pm Bronte Bay drifting from 25/1, put 'ur house is on 'em :eek: :D;)

528i wrote:
    Gowran Park later today 5:45pm Bronte Bay drifting from 25/1, put 'ur house is on 'em :eek: :D;)

Thank god its a sunday and the banks are closed:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

Im now homeless Stevey..:)

Tush wrote:
    Im now homeless Stevey..:)

Sure you can always bunk up in me spare room m8;)

The dogs have to stay outside but:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Way off topic here but i didnt know where to ask this question.

Will paddy power take the following bet as an accumulator?

Liverpool v Chelsea

Liverpool win 6/4
    Liverpool to qualify 5/2
    Liverpool to be winning at half time 11/5
    Liverpool to be winning at half time and full time 3/1
    Liverpool to score 1st 10/11

Got the prices off pp's website. Works out around 210/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

forkassed wrote:
    ...Will paddy power take the following bet as an accumulator?...

Short answer, no.

The majority of those bets are correlated. Bookies don't allow correlated accumulator bets and reserve the right to refuse to pay out if correlated bet was mistakenly taken. For single-match football betting, bookies will generally only stick to bets displayed on screen/board.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

forkassed wrote:

Liverpool v Chelsea

Liverpool win 6/4
    Liverpool to qualify 5/2

I tried this before for the Ireland V England game.... something similar to what you have above, but PP do not accept accumulator bets on the same event, if you know what I mean.

forkassed wrote:

Liverpool v Chelsea

Liverpool win 6/4
    Liverpool to qualify 5/2

As stated above I've tried several of these before and they don't take them, but God I hope your right with your predictions;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

forkassed wrote:

Liverpool v Chelsea

1 - Liverpool win 6/4
    2 - Liverpool to qualify 5/2
    3 - Liverpool to be winning at half time 11/5
    4 - Liverpool to be winning at half time and full time 3/1
    5 - Liverpool to score 1st 10/11

They are all what are called related betting:
    If no.1 is a winner then so is no.2 (most of the time.).
    In just this example if no.2 was a winner then no.1 had to be a winner.
    If no.3 is a winner, then no.1 (and the majority of the time no.2) is more likely to come up and as such will not be accepted (PP are known to do a certain special which has to lead at half-time, +/- 10 corner and win the match.)
    If no.4 is a winner then so is no.1 by default, again the result of one effects the other.
    If no.5 is a winner then no.3 and (most times) no.1 are also more likely to be a winner.

Basically, the five bets above would be singles only, can be used accumalated up with another selection (be it horse, dog, football etc.)

There are three types of related betting:-
    Not excepted related example: liverpool to win and liverpool to qualify cannot be a double, as if one is a winner the other is almost certain to be a winner aswell. Liverpool half-time/full-time and Liverpool half-time, as if one is a winner then the other is definitely a winner, i.e. you backing the same outcome in a double.

Acceptable at reduced odds related example: Kuyt score 1st and Liverpool win 1 - 0 (also known as a scorecast.)

Acceptable at odds shown example: Top European & Top Us player in a golf major is acceptable in a double, as although they are related they do not affect each others outcomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Cheers for the reply's folks,

I done a similar bet on last weeks game, didnt win so threw the docket away.

It came up this week..(happy lfc fan here), Had i done the bet for last nights game and went in expecting to have cleaned up:mad: would i just get my money back or would they maybe give me winnings on the best price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why is there a football accum discussion in the Racing Tips Sticky? There are dozens of people subscribed to this thread ffs.

CiaranC wrote:
    Why is there a football accum discussion in the Racing Tips Sticky? There are dozens of people subscribed to this thread ffs.

Take the fork out of your ass, & enjoy any discussion on tips & potential money making!

CiaranC wrote:

Take the fork out of your ass, & enjoy any discussion on tips & potential money making!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Tipperary 7.55
    Arkmore Radar is a huge price at 12/1 with paddy power!! Finished 3rd in last race 2L behind the winner over same distance as tonight.Robbie Moran booked for this (pro-am) race ! Really cant see this horse out of the places at least!!
    Good Luck!!!

Goldcupfav wrote:
    Tipperary 7.55
    Arkmore Radar is a huge price at 12/1 with paddy power!! Finished 3rd in last race 2L behind the winner over same distance as tonight.Robbie Moran booked for this (pro-am) race ! Really cant see this horse out of the places at least!!
    Good Luck!!!

A lucky 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Eagle Mountain 33/1 with Paddy Power in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket tomorrow, Saturday afternoon.

Trained by Aidan O'Brien, ridden by Christophe Soumillon. This horse won a Group 2 at The Curragh by seven lengths last year, but then was fourth in heavy ground at Newbury.

Win only. Bet like men.

I case I'm accused of aftertiming - €533.98 at 133.44 on Betfair

Also tipped by the Trainbarn last night. I'll be backing him.

conZ wrote:
    Also tipped by the Trainbarn last night. I'll be backing him.

Any chance of throwing up trainbairn's post with his selections?

kincsem wrote:

Win only. Bet like men.

Here, here! Lol!

• Advertisement

Afraid I can't get the post up here in College (Websense blocking me from finding the page), will do when I get home.

I took down his selections though..

2.15 Farleigh House NB and Voodoo Moon to watch out for
    2.45 Echelon to win
    3.25 Eagle Mountain NAP
    4.00 Ice Planet and Fullanby
    5.10 Overrule

I have a feeling tomorrow will be an expensive days gambling for myself.

Eagle Mountain gone in to 28s on Paddypower and floating about 25/1 to 33/1 on the rest of them.

Gonna hit Ladbrokes in a while and fire an each way bet at 33s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement