Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

No can do...am off geraghty for lent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Healio wrote:
    Navan 2:30 (first race)
    Finger OnThe Pulse, Mr.Taaffe says it is flyng at home, wont be beat will most probably be a short price though.

Good man;)

Healio wrote:
    Finger OnThe Pulse, Mr.Taaffe says it is flyng at home, wont be beat will most probably be a short price though.

Nice one. Had a good bit on so thanks.:)

Got a tip for Senor Benny tomorrow at the Curragh. Apparantly the horse is out to win tomorrow but it hasn't won since 2004. Looks a bad bet . This is the first info I have got from this source so Im not sure how strong a chance it has. Just thought I would pass it on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

finnpark wrote:
    Nice one. Had a good bit on so thanks.:)

Dont worry about it, makes a change from the last time i tipped it!!
    fade2black wrote:
    No can do...am off geraghty for lent...
    any reasons to justify it?? he'd a reasonable cheltenham!

As for tips, a fair few people were in the shop today about BOB'S PRIDE in the irish lincoln(shire), i am not saying it is a tip, but a fair few looked like they'd never been in a bookies in their lives. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i fancy arturius in the irish lincoln i think he is a good ew bet and he has already won 2 races in england where i had him backed at 22/1 in one of those races but its a big field and it will be hard to pick a winner

finnpark wrote:
    Got a tip for Senor Benny tomorrow at the Curragh. Apparantly the horse is out to win tomorrow but it hasn't won since 2004. Looks a bad bet . This is the first info I have got from this source so Im not sure how strong a chance it has. Just thought I would pass it on anyway.

Source was right but it only managed 2nd place.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

FOLKESTONE - 5:10

Juniper Girl

I know it's the favourite but have gotten 4 tips off the same person over the weekend and they all came in.

sorry I haven't got more info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Didn't want to start a new thread for this as its just an observation. Sudden Impulse in the 5.20 at Southwell has been backed in from 40-1 down to 10-1. Looks an absolutely dire race to be honest and the horse has no worthwhile form but could be a genuine gamble in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Pighead wrote:
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this as its just an observation. Sudden Impulse in the 5.20 at Southwell has been backed in from 40-1 down to 10-1. Looks an absolutely dire race to be honest and the horse has no worthwhile form but could be a genuine gamble in progress.

just checked its form,or lack of form,some crazy fool i`d say has lumped a ton of money on it,
    i think i will be staying clear

• Advertisement

From a Trainer who's had 90 runners and a total of 0 winners. I've looked at every piece of available data (and I know if the horse wins it'll be the unavailable info that will be more relevant) and there isn't one reason why I can give this horse a chance.

Sometimes though...sometimes...a horse can have a problem, i.e. a medical problem that could be hindering its progress and is only discovered late on, i.e something sticking into its gums etc and as soon as it's sorted the horse shows considerable improvement. Don't think this is the case here. Maybe the owner, who has only had the horse for its last three outings, is down at southwell today and has more money than sense. It would only take a couple of hundred quid to move a horse from 40-10s at southwell on a tuesday.

What I think happened....The woman who owns this horse, mother of one Veronica Salt, has got all of her bingo mates together and decided to have a day out at the races. "My horse is running" she says. "Jolly good" the ladies reply, "we shall all place a bet". "Jolly Good".

The trainer, in the voice of old gill from the simpsons says...."Aww...eh ladies...aww I dunno...aww...why did it have to happen to old gill...just one winner Lord come on...for old gill..."

Or the horse will win and I'll look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Gotta agree. I also can not find any reason to back this horse... AT ALL. i have checked all the normal stats etc, and cant come up with anything. Even if someone 'knows' something, it is still hard to see it beat the others. I would definitely lay it, only it is above my cut-off. I'll watch this race with interest now all the same :)

leef23 wrote:
    FOLKESTONE - 5:10

Juniper Girl

I know it's the favourite but have gotten 4 tips off the same person over the weekend and they all came in.

sorry I haven't got more info on this.

Was unlucky apparently and ran on well, maybe next time.

The following bit is nothing against yourself but I hate seeing posts such as he gave me 4 already and they all won. Firstly how do we know that he gave four winning tips and secondly if he did...why didn't uou pass those on??!!! Cause the fifth, thanks to sods law, was always gonna lose!!1 ;)

Well the horse ran better than he's ever ran to finish just out of the places and they've entered it into a race tomorrow..but racing really doesn't come any worse than this. I might get in contact with Old Gill and Mrs Salt and tell them to drop the horse back to 7 furlongs. I might even have a chat to the lads in tramore (the beach, not the racecourse) about setting up a 0-35 race for them. (Although some of the donkeys who bring the kids around in the summer could probably take advantage of that mark) I'm being cruelly facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah never looked like winning. Your cruel facetiousness is spot on considering everything you said transpired. Hope the girls have better luck tonight at the bingo.

Good market watching though Pighead, these can sometimes work out to great advantage. It's just hard to back a horse that has never showed even a hint of ability in such low grades.

fade2black wrote:
    Was unlucky apparently and ran on well, maybe next time.

The following bit is nothing against yourself but I hate seeing posts such as he gave me 4 already and they all won. Firstly how do we know that he gave four winning tips and secondly if he did...why didn't uou pass those on??!!! Cause the fifth, thanks to sods law, was always gonna lose!!1 ;)

sorry about that fade just thought i'd give some reason why i'm tipping it. as i'm not as into the whole form as some of ya's on here.

the only reason i didn't post the other 4 winners i had the weekend is because i wasn't near a pc and put the bets on in the bookies.

shall i just post the tip next time and leave out a mate of a mate of a mate tipped this and his tips always come in:D

:D Make up some elaborate information about how ya shagged the trainer's daughter and you were quids in with the info!

Nah it's grand leef, everyone is welcome on to the forum no matter how advanced their knowledge of the sport is. All the forum asks is that you're nice and and respectful. Unlucky with the horse today, as I said it seemed to have an uneasy passage to the line and as long as today wasn't "the" day, then I'm sure there'll be other opportunites for it. Go to www.irish-racing.com and find the horse tracker. Enter in the name of the horse and they'll mail you when it's set to run again.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Lads does anyone have any tips for TAUNTON tomaorrow. I no I should have made a new thread(sorry)
    what do u think of GIVE ME LOVE in the 15:40.It's one of Nicholls' horses and Ruby is on her.I don't think he has actually won a race in the last two years but he's come close. he was second last time out at Taunton. Roznic may just have that extra bit. I'm not really sure so hopefully I'm not giving falce info.
    cheers:)

gonna go with GIVE ME LOVE in the 15:40 in TAUNTON as well

YARMOUTH Penny Glitters 2.20 e/w

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Lads, this thread is not for discussion, remember? If you have a tip, post a link in this thread to a new thread you have started. There are loads of people subscribed to this thread who get an email everytime you post. Oh wai...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

For tomorrows races:

SAMURAI JACK- 15:30 Wolverhampton
    LATIF- 17:00 Wolverhampton

(Tip from a Ladbrokes cashier ;) )

Will get better tips tomorrow evening! Fridays are sh**!

Healio wrote:

*Bump*

All systems go for cork tomorrow, on paper should stroll in. If you can get a bet on then do so. Usual t+c's apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi lads, talking to a jockey mate of mine today

Revalco in the last race in Cork is in his words, "nailed on"

Ive had 30 myselft at 3.6 on betfair, horse is the fav,

Got a few good tips from this guy before

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

Cyrus wrote:
    hi lads, talking to a jockey mate of mine today

Revalco in the last race in Cork is in his words, "nailed on"

Ive had 30 myselft at 3.6 on betfair, horse is the fav,

Got a few good tips from this guy before

good luck

wow, not many fav's i've seen finish 2nd last! 19/21 with 1 PU, man something must have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep fell like a stone after starting well, something amiss

Healio wrote:
    *Bump*

All systems go for cork tomorrow, on paper should stroll in. If you can get a bet on then do so. Usual t+c's apply.

Finished 2nd, didnt see the race so wont bother with excuses, although the today's (yesterday's) jockey was riding said horse for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I've got a tip for Sally's Dream Each way in the Bumper at 5:00 today at Punchestown, the source is usually Ok with information, some win, some don't. Apparantly connections are fairly confident of it being placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

oppertunity knocks 7.40 worcester
    source usually good
    backed from 8s into 13 to 2

• Advertisement

hiscan wrote:
    oppertunity knocks 7.40 worcester
    source usually good
    backed from 8s into 13 to 2

I got it at 8/1 £50 win and £50 each way. Looks reqal good, official rating is way below rp rating. Has great chance well spotted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement