Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ship a load of free botox to the cast i say, never saw so many wringled foreheads, does everyone have to be depressed, what a terrible place to live.

I feel the same about EastEnders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Eastenders is some depressing soap. The few times I watched it they were always whinging a moaning they seem thrive on it. Isn't there enough depressing things in life besides putting it on tv. Do the actors suffer from depression from doing that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

remember a few years back delorus kept buying loads of shirts for harry (wha wha harry) what ever came of that
    and where is that one with the huge ears gone to that used to live with her? did she ever get the ride off that priest? thats it delorus open wide for the body of christ!!!
    that gearldine one has to win the prize for most fake wrecking of a restaurant, she broke a few glasses and put a fork into a fake painting on the wall, think baldy audry mike got skrooed by the builders . mike opening a high class restaurant fusion 10 in smithfield, should just open up an icecream van for all the junkies!he is an awful prick, served him in a bar a few times over the years and he is honestly one of the biggest knob jockies i have ever come across, thinks his asshole is a cadburys factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

well at least,bad and all as it is ,Fair City is set in Dublin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Whats with all the adds on TV and radio about Paul from Fair City? "I'm fokin' Paul from Fair City and I'm goin' fokin' mental I am" or something like that. Are people who don't watch the show supposed to suddenly take an interest in this character and start watching?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Going down on the actress who plays Ali.

Would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Stand by all i have already said in other posts,
    bad actors are painful to watch and good ones are getting worse cos of working with planks of wood.

Was good once upon a time, but oh dear, it makes me cringe even if i just see a wee snipit of it.

Take it off, scrap it please, it is soooo sooooo bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Going down on the actress who plays Ali.

Would be amazing.

You do realise you can get gonorrhea of the mouth don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 TheScript

Nice one JS Pill!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    You do realise you can get gonorrhea of the mouth don't you?

not if you lick girls out from behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yes it's appalling and a refuge for weird looking people who can't act. But, it also brings in massive ratings for some inexplicable reason. For that alone, RTÉ's not going to be scrapping it anytime soon. Besides, if they did scrap it, they'd manage to find something even worse to replace it :eek:

Yes it's appalling and a refuge for weird looking people who can't act. But, it also brings in massive ratings for some inexplicable reason. For that alone, RTÉ's not going to be scrapping it anytime soon. Besides, if they did scrap it, they'd manage to find something even worse to replace it

I blame shows like EastEnders, Corronation Street, The Bill, Casulty, Holby City, Heartbeat etc for this need to continue with shows like Fair City. They where all good at one stage but now (now) its time to move on. Even mainstream TV has to be original.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sweet God, that Lana storyline is freaking awful. The wannabe Joker Terrence is really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think the more they reveal, the more ridiculous this whole Terence story is becoming. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    Fair City is indeed the biggest heap of crap ever and no other country would have the cheek to broadcast it.
    But it is very very unintentionally funny. They are probably the worst actors ever (most of them having been knocking around RTE for ever appearing in every piece of crap ever produced ) they over act everything, the walls shake when doors are closed. Sum of the funniest are the two police men who decided in order to be like real policmen they should squint all the time. I saw someone saying about Ritas bad acting. If you look closely you will realise she appears to be reading her lines over the shoulder of the person she is talking to, pure class. I agree Ursula falling down the stairs was hillarious but my fave scene was when Harry Molloy was killed after being hit with what appeared to be a twig. My big question is why does Bella have a limp is draging his hip,prostate, bladder???

Has anyone ever seen the Fairly ****ty crowd being interviewed the guy that plays Bella always defends it to the last.

Do people have a favourite character?

It's scary how closely you obviously watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

As I said before it's so bad it's great. A future cult classic. The Joker tonight handing the homeless one a blonde wig telling her to go to the law and say Leo Dowling makes you wear this and calls you Lana:D Brilliantly bad stuff. Long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Powerhouse wrote: »
    It's scary how closely you obviously watch it.

Yes, that is strange. You see that a lot here - people who hate the show, but obviously still keep watching it. Why is that? I can't imagine it happening with music, or films, or any other kind of entertainment.

"Yes, his last nine novels were badly written, badly structured, lazy, cliched, turgid and overblown. And this tenth one is even worse! Heard any music lately?"

"Saw another twelve gigs by the ****eHawks. Your man still can't drum."

What's the attraction? I acknowledge it has its awful moments - that stuff with Deegan and Ray was woeful, and Gina may be the worst actress ever to be let inside a television studio. But Niamh is brilliant, and the comic characters like Keith and Ray are at least as good as anything in the British soaps. It's easily the best soap on telly at the moment.

I'm a fan, in other words, and I accept its occasional badness. It's a soap, after all, and sometimes it lets itself down. But what's with the people who hate it and keep on watching? Why pick at the scab? Seriously. Why stay watching?

It has currently got the oddest storylines I have ever seen in soap.

Leo has to be the worst actor, why would you give him a main storyline?

It's pure soap, it traps you into watching, I must stop, I had given up watching soap! :(
    The Joker tonight handing the homeless one a blonde wig telling her to go to the law and say Leo Dowling makes you wear this and calls you Lana Brilliantly bad stuff.

Just what I was thing. The Joker in Carrickstown. Cann't wait for Batman to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 inquisitive111

Please don't get rid of Fair City. It's so bad it's almost good, well funny anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Elmo wrote: »
    Just what I was thing. The Joker in Carrickstown. Cann't wait for Batman to arrive.

We already have a Robin... Hmm, there may be something in this.

• Advertisement

We already have a Robin... Hmm, there may be something in this.

Barry from Fair City plays a cop in Batman Begins, and Charlie's son plays a drug dealer. Couple of other fair city actors in it.

It should be renamed Dark City!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Watched last night's episode for the laugh but couldn't get over the production team's deliberately ironic 'joke'...(or at least I thought it was a deliberate joke).

Anybody notice that when the ginger-wan (Geraldine) finds Mike's electrocuted body in the Bistro the next shot goes to the ad break... where we coincidentally see a guy on the FBD trailer-ad suffering an electric shock from the lawnmower as the extension lead becomes earthed? :D:D:D

Great stuff from the Fair City producton team.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Josie_dub

Its so ridiculous its hilarious! Always gives me a good laugh. Saw a former cast member a couple of weeks ago handing out free cookies in the spar shop near my job. Guess the offers wern't rolling in.

8 to 8.30 is my roaming chanel time, after emerdale, eastenders or corrie street and to early for the CSI's so now and again i flick on fair city.
    Standing by my earlier posts, it is terrible, awful and cringworthy, but i do agree with some, it is so bad it is nearly good to watch, just for the wooden perfomances, set noices (we are not supposed to hear) and bad tempered teens.
    Questione to fans?
    Has anyone anytime ever, smilled on fair city ever? i will even accept a wee grin or smirky half smile.

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    Fair City is indeed the biggest heap of crap ever and no other country would have the cheek to broadcast it.
    But it is very very unintentionally funny. They are probably the worst actors ever (most of them having been knocking around RTE for ever appearing in every piece of crap ever produced ) they over act everything, the walls shake when doors are closed. Sum of the funniest are the two police men who decided in order to be like real policmen they should squint all the time. I saw someone saying about Ritas bad acting. If you look closely you will realise she appears to be reading her lines over the shoulder of the person she is talking to, pure class. I agree Ursula falling down the stairs was hillarious but my fave scene was when Harry Molloy was killed after being hit with what appeared to be a twig. My big question is why does Bella have a limp is draging his hip,prostate, bladder???

Has anyone ever seen the Fairly ****ty crowd being interviewed the guy that plays Bella always defends it to the last.

Do people have a favourite character?

I agree with all you say, but its not fair (get it) to insult the actor who plays Bella, as he did in real life have hip replacement.

That aside, everything else i concur, my favourite character would be the one who appears on screen alone saying, due to lack of taste, terrible acting, dyer plot lines and general all round misserable faces...sorry but fair city is now axed for good.

ooo forgot to ask in last post, just who did kill Lana, do we know, obviously not Leo as he is too wooden to swing and axe or bend down to dig a grave. Does is stem from that Billie Mehan thing ages ago?

Dont worry, i wont lose sleep if i dont get an answer.
    ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

medeame wrote: »
    ooo forgot to ask in last post, just who did kill Lana, do we know, obviously not Leo as he is too wooden to swing and axe or bend down to dig a grave. Does is stem from that Billie Mehan thing ages ago?

Dont worry, i wont lose sleep if i dont get an answer.
    ta

It was yer man who was in Leo's gaff last night wasn't it? The crook who knew Mick and was released from prison at the same time Leo got out on bail. Don't knoow his name but the acting was atrocious.

The killing off of Mike is a double edged sword though...happy he's gone, but gutted to have to see that gimp Yvonne again.

Questione to fans?
    Has anyone anytime ever, smilled on fair city ever? i will even accept a wee grin or smirky half smile.

You watch EastEnders and you want to know if anyone in Fair City has ever smiled???????

As I say (yet know way too much about these shows) I hate soap.

I remember living with people like you who would go and watch Home and Away, Emmerdale, Corronation Street and EastEnders. FFS.

7 - 9 is when I flick all because of people like you who insist on watching soap. :( Do soaps have fans or just people who know there is nothing else on?
    It was yer man who was in Leo's gaff last night wasn't it? The crook who knew Mick and was released from prison at the same time Leo got out on bail. Don't knoow his name but the acting was atrocious.

The Joker! Is he supposed to be Eastern European or was he just putting on a strange accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Elmo wrote: »

The Joker! Is he supposed to be Eastern European or was he just putting on a strange accent?

Nah I think the character is Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What happened with Terrance and Ray tonight? I only saw a few scenes with no sound in a friend's house.

Advertisement