Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Elmo wrote: »
    You watch EastEnders and you want to know if anyone in Fair City has ever smiled???????QUOTE

QUOTEI remember living with people like you who would go and watch Home and Away, Emmerdale, Corronation Street and EastEnders. FFS. 7 - 9 is when I flick all because of people like you who insist on watching soap. :( Do soaps have fans or just people who know there is nothing else on?QUOTE

Hi ELMO,
    Well whatever i watch, i stand by my posts of fair city being dyer, and secondly, thankfully, i do not have to have anyone living in my home i do not chose to. It is my tv and i will flick and watch whatever i chose, just for the record, i do not sit thru home and away,emerdale, corrie, eastenders and fair city every night!! or even every week, my comment was just that at the time of 8-9 there is not much on, so i stumble on fair (terrible) city now and again.

Re: watching Eastenders, I have posts on that thread if you look, denouncing the dreadful story lines and some moody acting too.
    It was a figure of speech mentioning all the soaps, but again, what i do in my own home is for me to decide, i answer to no-one, my son and husband have plenty of other rooms and other tv sets to chose from also for whatever they want to watch.

Just incase you thought i was some kind of mad 7-9 soap addict :) ohh maybe i am a little cos i do love corried street, but wouldnt mind if i missed any of the rest.. thats it, losing all my credibility arnt i, 'the lady doth protest too much' i hear ya thinking :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

medeame,

Tiny bit of an over reaction.

Characters EastEnders never smile and yes I have seen people in Fair City smile.

Yes I find Soap Opera to be dreadful, and yes their is nothing else on because most of the people watch soap opera, and it leads me to beleive that there are people who rarely watch anything else.

I suppose the Bill, Holby City are drama's => no they aren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to think that I was attacking you but actually I am attacking the TV people who insist on 5 days of soap opera. Your entitled to watch those shows but I am entitled to say they are on way too much. And they are as bad as one another. Bad actors, bad scripts, bad direction but then what should I expect from convayer belt television.

I stand over my posts that all soap operas are dreadful and should be taken off the air for a few months to allow new talent emerge.

I didn't not mean to attack you or even to suggest that you where anything like the people I lived with at the time, I would never insult anyone that much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Terence or The Joker or whatever he is called reminds me of Bono's friend Gavin Friday.

000090b010dr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The actor that plays Terence is a cousin of Trevor Brennan!!!

I think it's so bad it's good.
    I'd watch it qucker than any of the English soaps anyway!!!

Can't wait til Rory gets his comeuppance, he's turned into such an asshole!!!

Elmo wrote: »
    medeame,

Tiny bit of an over reaction..........
    I didn't not mean to attack you or even to suggest that you where anything like the people I lived with at the time, I would never insult anyone that much :)

Hi Elmo,
    You are correct and yes i did over react, but part of my post was irony, but just cos i new that, didnt mean it translated.
    No, worries, i never thought you were attacking me. Think i was having a female moment.

All friends i hope, and long may we all be entitled to our opinions, whatever they are.
    Have a nice day
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The actor that plays Terence is a cousin of Trevor Brennan!!!

I think it's so bad it's good.
    I'd watch it qucker than any of the English soaps anyway!!!

Can't wait til Rory gets his comeuppance, he's turned into such an asshole!!!
    Is he your man with the blunt penknife?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Lads I swear to god tonights end scene was the funniest thing I've seen on Irish TV.
    Leo had the baseball bat out looking like Bo Svensen from the original Walking Tall movie and then yer man Terence trying to be a Heath Ledgar without the makeup with his 80's flick knife and Leo hitting him once and all this lovely ketchup flowing from his mouth then he does an Arnie Predator type dive off a rocky cliff edge. Oh man t'was things of legend. Somebody PLEASE PLEASE upload it to youtube.

Oh yeah, the helicopter flying overhead while the inspector running down the field with his water pistol drawn looool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Is he your man with the blunt penknife?:rolleyes:

I heard Colm and Jimjim from 2fm describe it as a potato peeler this morning. I lolled heartily on the bus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

after one punch in the face it looked like leo had bitten half his face off with all the blood, it was fcukin pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Sensational episode last night, Terence looked like he had been in a car crash after Leo hit him a few boxes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

it was about 1s long

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wow. That's all I can say.

Last night's episode was the most fantastic thing I have ever seen.

Leo hit the air in front of Terrance's face and suddenly Terrance had blood pouring out of his face.

Then he went and fell off a little cliff (not even a high cliff) foot first into pretty calm seas. There's no way he's dead.

Leo is some rubbish actor.

:confused::confused:Leo rubbish actor, yes, but by golly he is not the only one.
    perminant pmt robin
    sourfaced suzanne
    can only speak in syllables dermot
    frightened bunny look, mikes bird (can even think of her name) and dont mean yvonne his ex mrs
    malaky terrible delivery, looks startled every time he has to say a line.
    how ya, wha, christy
    ooo too tired to go on, dont even get me started on the police actors, muppets could do better

Lads I swear to god tonights end scene was the funniest thing I've seen on Irish TV.
    .......then he does an Arnie Predator type dive off a rocky cliff edge. Oh man t'was things of legend. Somebody PLEASE PLEASE upload it to youtube QUOTE

Kind of thougt it was more of a dying swan dive meself :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

ànyone see the cover of the RTE guide recently with the fairly ****ty "actors" on the front cover in a real attempt at a CSI look.. :rolleyes:
    I'd def do that Niamh one though, even if she is a ginger..:p
    and I hate that we have to pay a licence fee for this and other sh1te that's on RTE... :mad: we need a station equivalent of BBC or Channel 4..
    something with a flagship program of Irish speaking metal robots that travel the universe exterminating people and shagging them with their fetishistic sink plungers ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

who007 wrote: »
    something with a flagship program of Irish speaking metal robots that travel the universe exterminating people and shagging them with their fetishistic sink plungers ! :D

Careful now...the fair city scriptwriters might be reading this and steal your idea!

who007 wrote: »
    I'd def do that Niamh one though, even if she is a ginger..:p
    If she doesn't stop all that frowning her face will be covered in wrinkles in a few years. You might get a fright if you see her naked because she wears them big overcoats and dresses for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

but what woud we do whit out this show if it gos of the air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

If she doesn't stop all that frowning her face will be covered in wrinkles in a few years. You might get a fright if you see her naked because she wears them big overcoats and dresses for a reason.

was she not pregnant, no?

emo!! wrote: »
    was she not pregnant, no?
    Don't know but that usually lasts nine months she has been wearing big overcoats and big dresses with a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Don't know but that usually lasts nine months she has been wearing big overcoats and big dresses with a few years.

Wooo that overdue, must be murder on her feet:p .. I really like her hair tho, and she one of the very few good actors on it!

emo!! wrote: »
    Wooo that overdue, must be murder on her feet:p .. I really like her hair tho, and she one of the very few good actors on it!

All that time in big over coats, maybe she is having and elephant they are pregnant for years, could call it fair dublin city zoo so!

All that time in big over coats, maybe she is having and elephant they are pregnant for years, could call it fair dublin city zoo so!

She is a method actor. She knows at some stage she will have a baby some day in Fair City and like all soaps the pregnancy will go on for about 3 years at which time the baby comes out walking and talking.

Also does anyone else find it odd that every returning character to Fair City comes back with a new actor.

Leo's son hasn't aged a day, but he has got all the puck marks remove from his face!

See this is why Fair City is soooo ****ing brilliant :)

This thread has made me a fan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Dean = new actor

Sean = new actor

Rachel = new actor

Dean = new actor

Sean = new actor

Rachel = new actor

Who ever Dalores and Harry's son was last time, he was not the origional actor, an if am not going nuts, wasnt this Floyd different too.
    For someone who want to see it scrapped, think i know way too much about it already, that is a worry:eek:

Who ever Dalores and Harry's son was last time, he was not the origional actor, an if am not going nuts, wasnt this Floyd different too.
    For someone who want to see it scrapped, think i know way too much about it already, that is a worry

It seem to me good actors just want to move away from this show. I am not saying that all of the actors who have been replace are good actors but its generally the case, with a few exceptions to the rule, e.g. Yvonne Doyle (not a great actress now but far better then before).

Dalores and Harry's son was actually a funny character before he was changed and the actor was good at the role.

The same goes for Floyd's sister who was replaces twice, the first 2 actress where good, the second one was very funny and the Third just horrible and nasty. The same goes for Floyd who's original actor has appear in a few things since and seems to be a good actor.

The Blizzard of Odd did a good segment on this a few years ago. They had a clip of Yvonne going around a corner and then coming back around the corner as look very different.
    For someone who want to see it scrapped, think i know way too much about it already, that is a worry

Tell me about it! I know way too much about all soap. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Speaking of Floyd's sister, Farrah, did anyone else think it was really weird that there was no sign of her at all around the time of Floyd's death and funeral.
    She wasn't even mentioned, that she couldn't make it or whatever. Is she supposed to be dead as well or what, because down here in the boonies, funerals are sometimes delayed for over a week, while relatives travel from America/New Zealand/Sea of Tranquility or whatever far flung place they happen to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

of course the show should be scrapped, its awful ! The acting, especially by the guy who plays Leo Dowling is possibly the worst to be seen anywhere in the world. Why do we pay our license fees for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

of course the show should be scrapped, its awful ! The acting, especially by the guy who plays Leo Dowling is possibly the worst to be seen anywhere in the world. Why do we pay our license fees for this ?

Disagree , that honour has to go to Rita.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Rita being replaced by a bell is genius.

Advertisement