Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Hardrain wrote: »
    Rita being replaced by a bell is genius.

:D:D:D:D lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

RTE will never scrap FC, because it makes them too much money. It's extreamely popular and companies pay a lot of money for advertising slots etc. FC probably finances more "credible" RTE productions on its own. Our licence fees go towards sh1te like "Failte towers" "Jigs and Reels" "The English class and that awful show that was on over christmas (Cant recall the name)

I personnally love the show. Its themost enjoyable soap I think. Its getting better all the time too! The Leo/Terrance storyline was great! Classic soap cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTE will never scrap FC, because it makes them too much money. It's extreamely popular and companies pay a lot of money for advertising slots etc. FC probably finances more "credible" RTE productions on its own. Our licence fees go towards sh1te like "Failte towers" "Jigs and Reels" "The English class and that awful show that was on over christmas (Cant recall the name)

All of those cheap shows make money that's why RTE produce them. I wouldn't say the Licence Fee is touched for much of RTE entertainment out put. RTE use the licence for Sport, News, Documentry, Religion, Education and Information programming.

Perhaps we should just stop watching them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no you cant becase you must pay the lf all the time

no you cant becase you must pay the lf all the time

:confused:

• Advertisement

yes you do elmo gaybo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Elmo wrote: »
    :confused:

+1:confused:

Sorry LF not If.

Yeah I get you now.

If we stop watching the reality and the soaps then they will get some of the licence fee.

lf = licence fee not If.

elmo 4 far city got to and your gay

What? your not making sence to me. sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Rita is scum.

Jean Costello is scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Rita is scum.

Jean Costello is scum.

Scum is a bit harsh yeah.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Rita is scum.

Jean Costello is scum.

we are having a laf at the characters and bad acting, but no need to get personal brian, scum is not just hard, it is rude.

who ever wrote, rita replaced by a bell, priceless, am on floor laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

This thread is hilarious! The whole Rita- Bell - Bela thing :D
    At least she isn't a bell-end, like Suzanne

medeame wrote: »
    we are having a laf at the characters and bad acting, but no need to get personal brian, scum is not just hard, it is rude.

who ever wrote, rita replaced by a bell, priceless, am on floor laughing :D

I've met Jean Costello in real life. She's a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Fair $hitty

I've met Jean Costello in real life. She's a scumbag.

she speaks highly of you too:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Brian Capture - no more personal attacks on actors please.
    I've an idea - just don't watch the show if you don't like it.

Mr E wrote: »
    Brian Capture - no more personal attacks on actors please.
    I've an idea - just don't watch the show if you don't like it.

i agree about no more personal attacks on actors, but as for not watching, i think the reason we do is because it is so bad it is good, i know it does not make sense, but if we are having a laf and a moan at a soap opera, its not so bad is it.
    i must say i get more lafs out of the quotes on here. I still think, quote "Rita replaced by a bell, genius" quote, is my favourite.
    shall we have a vote on it. I think that is the quote of the thread, what do you all think?

Hardsrain, your quote is genius and priceless.
    pml :)

• Advertisement

??

I called her a scumbag. That doesn't equate to speaking 'highly' of her.

I beleive it is called being sarcastic.

Thanks Elmo, at least ya got it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

I called her a scumbag. That doesn't equate to speaking 'highly' of her.
    seems brian couldnt see you rolling your eyes, you having your shades on.....

*gets coat, leaves

edit, SORRY.
    got directed here from somewhere else, didnt mean to resurect the dead

*gets coat, leaves, again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Yes i would like that heap of ****e of a so called soap to be axed.The acting is horrendous,i watch it for a laugh.Do they pick these actors up off the street or what?Dont get me started on that Dominic.If i saw him in Dublin i would knock him out,the way he treats Tracey isnt fair.I know the dirty looking slag was a prostitute before but shes still human.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Ros Na Rún all the way!! :pac:

julien69 wrote: »
    Yes i would like that heap of ****e of a so called soap to be axed.The acting is horrendous,i watch it for a laugh.Do they pick these actors up off the street or what?Dont get me started on that Dominic.If i saw him in Dublin i would knock him out,the way he treats Tracey isnt fair.I know the dirty looking slag was a prostitute before but shes still human.:D

This is exactly what all soap opera is about. Knowing that their is dodgy acting and dodgy scripts but at the same time hating what the characters are doing on screen and actively getting involved in the plot :D

Ros Na Rún all the way!!

Not sure if your being sarcastic but Ros Na Rún is one of the better soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

This is exactly what all soap opera is about. Knowing that their is dodgy acting and dodgy scripts but at the same time hating what the characters are doing on screen and actively getting involved in the plot :D

Not sure if your being sarcastic but Ros Na Rún is one of the better soaps.

I completely agree, Elmo. Corrie was my favourite for a long time, but it's in a distant third place these days behind the Irish two.

People always say soap acting is dodgy, but I think that's just the traditional thing to say when you don't follow soaps. It seems to me that a lot of the actors are excellent. Being that good four or five or to times a week must take real discipline as well.

I'm thinking of people like Shadrach and Lisa Dingle, or someone like Ray in Fair City. I never understand why more people don't talk about Barry too. He's been brilliant all this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

I'm liking the tall new garda in town, i like a man in uniform... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I hope Fair City stays on the television - main reason is this. Two years I noticed that from 7:00 a.m. to at least 3:00 p.m. RTE 1's television programmes consisted of approximately 70% imported programmes - with the exception of the News, Weather, (Wednesday Dail Q & A), Telly Bingo and an afternoon show. The imported shows were the likes of Hi-de-Hi and Dallas (they're the two shows that I can remember - but there was loads of others).

I did ring up RTE to ask why my TV licence money was being used to buy in ancient shows - they said they were catering for the "maturer audience". At least Fair City is home produced. I've never watched Ros Na Run but I will now.

Advertisement