Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Sam Kade wrote: »
    What about joe (lookit) Durmetts wife? She is forever whinging and moaning about silly things. Instead of taking her to the pub to try and stop her whinging he should take her to bed and give her a good hard riding to shut her up.

Ha ha i fully agree! I've never come into the soaps forum before and am laughing my ass off at all the Fair City comments. Your woman's earlobes! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

jesus my thread is still going god almighty havent....i am not alone about despising the show....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tipsy7

Fair City is indeed the biggest heap of crap ever and no other country would have the cheek to broadcast it.
    But it is very very unintentionally funny. They are probably the worst actors ever (most of them having been knocking around RTE for ever appearing in every piece of crap ever produced ) they over act everything, the walls shake when doors are closed. Sum of the funniest are the two police men who decided in order to be like real policmen they should squint all the time. I saw someone saying about Ritas bad acting. If you look closely you will realise she appears to be reading her lines over the shoulder of the person she is talking to, pure class. I agree Ursula falling down the stairs was hillarious but my fave scene was when Harry Molloy was killed after being hit with what appeared to be a twig. My big question is why does Bella have a limp is draging his hip,prostate, bladder???

Has anyone ever seen the Fairly ****ty crowd being interviewed the guy that plays Bella always defends it to the last.

Do people have a favourite character?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    Fair City is indeed the biggest heap of crap ever and no other country would have the cheek to broadcast it.
    But it is very very unintentionally funny. They are probably the worst actors ever (most of them having been knocking around RTE for ever appearing in every piece of crap ever produced ) they over act everything, the walls shake when doors are closed. Sum of the funniest are the two police men who decided in order to be like real policmen they should squint all the time. I saw someone saying about Ritas bad acting. If you look closely you will realise she appears to be reading her lines over the shoulder of the person she is talking to, pure class. I agree Ursula falling down the stairs was hillarious but my fave scene was when Harry Molloy was killed after being hit with what appeared to be a twig. My big question is why does Bella have a limp is draging his hip,prostate, bladder???

Has anyone ever seen the Fairly ****ty crowd being interviewed the guy that plays Bella always defends it to the last.

Do people have a favourite character?

Just a little correction to your post. We didn't see Harry Molloy's death, he commit suicide in Cork while on bail for murdering the young lad who had the 'E' that his daughter took and the actor that plays Bella had a hip replacement a couple of years ago and it was written in as a prostate story line! I don't watch Fair City that often, but there was nothing else on last night and I was wondering, is Suzanne or the actress who plays her pregnant? She deffo looked it when herself and Damien were talking to Mike outside the Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I was fortunate enough to watch it last night, it has to be one of the funniest soaps I've ever watched. (hearing Daniel O'Donnell on about it on the Ian Dempsey breakfast show had me actually wanting to see an episode of it!)

Why do they have to pick the ugliest women in Dublin to star in it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    I don't watch Fair City that often, but there was nothing else on last night and I was wondering, is Suzanne or the actress who plays her pregnant? She deffo looked it when herself and Damien were talking to Mike outside the Bistro.
    Yeah I thought that too!
    I thought it was hilarious when Geraldine smashed up the Bistro- you see her smash some crockery and wreck a painting and then Mikes told it's over 40,000 Euro worth of damage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Haha - yer wan in the cafe/pub is a bit of a cnut, I was creaming myself when the guy broke it off with her

"Get me an ashtray.........NOW" And the 2 gobsheens went scampering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

How many years have Geraldine and Mike been together? Two black sacks doesn't say much does it, were we meant to believe that all her stuff and Eoins were in them!

Ah that explains Bellas limp! It must have been sum other time Harry was beaten up that I remember. The guy who used to play the son of the Odanzie family was in Mamma Mia, for sum there seems to be life after f.city. As for the ugliest women surely Susanne would have to win that with her abnormal ammount of teeth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stupid statement. all Soap Operas are bad, dreadful etc and English Television is over run by them, they are the reason the are very few good English Drama's any more. Yes, The Bill, Holby City, Casulty, Heart Beat, The Royal are all soap operas. English drama used to be good until they started going over board on soap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I don't watch it normally. The last time I watched it Delores was taking over the whole show and God was she boring. She was so boring that I ended up nicknaming her De bore us. It's no wonder Harry comitted suicide.

Elmo wrote: »
    Stupid statement. all Soap Operas are bad, dreadful etc and English Television is over run by them, they are the reason the are very few good English Drama's any more. Yes, The Bill, Holby City, Casulty, Heart Beat, The Royal are all soap operas. English drama used to be good until they started going over board on soap.

Though I'm not a dedidcated viewer I do think Cornataion Street is quite a good show, well written and acted. The other soaps aren't half bad either. None of them are as pathetic a fair city the difference may be employing people who can act.

Though I'm not a dedidcated viewer I do think Cornataion Street is quite a good show, well written and acted. The other soaps aren't half bad either. None of them are as pathetic a fair city the difference may be employing people who can act.

It might have been a few years ago but all of the soaps suffer because they are on 24/7. There are times where corronation street is just painting by numbers where scripts are put together just to make a new episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    Ah that explains Bellas limp! It must have been sum other time Harry was beaten up that I remember. The guy who used to play the son of the Odanzie family was in Mamma Mia, for sum there seems to be life after f.city. As for the ugliest women surely Susanne would have to win that with her abnormal ammount of teeth :p

He broke his leg a few years ago - i was beside him in St Vincents X-Ray one time. This old lady started talking to him - she didn't recognise him as 'Bella' but he was chatting away to her for AGES - really polite to her etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Fair City is one thing but compared to Shortland Street,the kiwi hospital "drama" RTE also screen its like The Royal Shakespere Company.Recently my missus text me to say a dog had been knocked down in that days episode and...the dogs acting was the stand out.

It might have been a few years ago but all of the soaps suffer because they are on 24/7. There are times where corronation street is just painting by numbers where scripts are put together just to make a new episode.

Is it not the purpose of a script to make an episode? As for shortland street I've watched it a few times and it is a real gem in the vein of fair city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Shortland Street is compulsive because its so bad.Watch one episode and you can nail the plot lines for the next month.Every so often people start speaking Maori and everyone knows whats being said even the non-Maori characters.Its brilliant stuff.

Every so often people start speaking Maori and everyone knows whats being said even the non-Maori characters.Its brilliant stuff.

That's a bit rasist New Zealanders learn Maori in school. Tá beagnach gealige ar gach duine i Éire, agus fios ag gach duine beagnach gealige. Nach bhfuil me cheart? (Ta bron orm don mo gealige!!!! L? agus G?). But I will take northers out of that statement. Bilingualism!!!!!
    Is it not the purpose of a script to make an episode? As for shortland street I've watched it a few times and it is a real gem in the vein of fair city.

A good story coming from a script would be nice. You cann't just film people doing nothing (oh wait Big Brother :( )

Soap Operas are dreadful no matter who makes them, they are compulsive by their nature. I could even get trapped into watching EastEnders only that show makes me vomit.

I am not suggesting that any soap is better then any other soap. I just have issues with EastEnders in the same way many people have issues with Fair City. But I could watch an episode of Fair City or Shortland Street long before an episode of EastEnders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

I think it will be a cult classic, in 10 years time I hope to be watching it on dvd boxsets! It's so bad it's good! The Gift Grub Fair City's are great on Today FM, Keith and Una get most air time, great stuff.

I think it will be a cult classic, in 10 years time I hope to be watching it on dvd boxsets! It's so bad it's good! The Gift Grub Fair City's are great on Today FM, Keith and Una get most air time, great stuff.

Yeah I think that Today FM have given Fair City an audience because of "Daniel O'Donnell's" obsession with Fair City. I think they may have said this on the show, I haven't been listening in a while.

• Advertisement

That's a bit rasist New Zealanders learn Maori in school. Tá beagnach gealige ar gach duine i Éire, agus fios ag gach duine beagnach gealige. Nach bhfuil me cheart? (Ta bron orm don mo gealige!!!! L? agus G?). But I will take northers out of that statement. Bilingualism!!!!!

Serioulsy racist! In shortland street the characters who mostly don't understand Maori are austrailian, thats like expecting british people to know Gaeilge. As for eastenders they tackle the more dramatic storylines well, the writting can be quite good at times.

As for eastenders they tackle the more dramatic storylines well, the writting can be quite good at times.

I am sure they do but I just don't like the show. Fair City has tackled the more dramatic storylines as well, they all do they are soaps, overtly dramatic.
    Serioulsy racist! In shortland street the characters who mostly don't understand Maori are austrailian, thats like expecting british people to know Gaeilge.

I am sure there are a few Hiberno-English that have more Irish than me. That's kind of a bit racist as well. Who's to say that no Austrailian speaks maori :D

^^^^^ Don't answer that I am only messing with you. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

The HAKA is mumbo-jumbo nonsense

I saw in the paper yesterday pictures from the new Lana storyline, they'l get Billy Meehan era ratings with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Hardrain wrote: »
    I saw in the paper yesterday pictures from the new Lana storyline, they'l get Billy Meehan era ratings with this.

What were the pictures? Are they online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

gogglebok wrote: »
    What were the pictures? Are they online anywhere?
    Mick in the Dublin mountains (where else?) finds Lanas chain where she was buried. The few times they filmed outside carrikstown they are always drawn to the Dublin mountains :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

It is the fault of bad writers, who see all teens as mouthy, cheecky and miserable, all middle aged men and women as frustrated and uptight, and all elder actors as doddering and cranky.
    There is no warmth or life in the script, which unfortunatelly, show up the bad acting and casts a shadow on the good acting.
    Please take it off and save this cringe making docusoap from any further bad reviews and pls god, save the careers of the good actors who are being tarnished by the wooden ones and the bad writing. (The writers should never again be allowed to pitch and the producers should put their money elsewere - also - sack the director who allows such stilted performances from the rubbish actors and ignores the talents of the good ones. P.L.E.A.S.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I some some of Fair City on Monday when I was off work. God almighty that Ali one is a weapon. You would be afraid to look sideways at her. What was Jimmy thinking?

Who is the girl that is engaged to Keith? Una? She looks about 50. Last time I saw Fair City he was going out with Niamh. What happened there?

The Lana story could be good but unfortunately it will mean more bad acting from Leo (Fair Citys version of Dev from Corrie).

Leo's hand gestures when he talks are comical:) That being said the who killed Lana storyline will get dragged out until Halloween or beyond and have most of the country tuned in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

gazzer wrote: »
    God almighty that Ali one is a weapon. You would be afraid to look sideways at her. What was Jimmy thinking?
    Who is the girl that is engaged to Keith? Una? She looks about 50. Last time I saw Fair City he was going out with Niamh. What happened there?

I do a bit of a catch up now and then 2 see if it gets any better, havnt seen it in months, but it is so bad and slow, easy 2 see whats going on.
    That Keith & Niamh split, Una was his ex, got back with her, agree, her droany accent and crap hair do (she supposed to be hairdresser) would annoy ya.

And ohhh yes that over acting ham Ali, one bad ass attitude, and ya, Jimmy would never, not even with yours!!! if you pardon the expression.

As for missing Lana, at least she was a laugh, guess the producers waiting 2 see if she will come back to work

Ship a load of free botox to the cast i say, never saw so many wringled foreheads, does everyone have to be depressed, what a terrible place to live.

I stand by my thread 'SCRAP FAIR CITY'

Advertisement