Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Barrie wrote:
    I get "Irl 03" on older handets that i used.Maybe thats it?

Haven't seen that in a while. That's Meteor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Really?No wonder why i didnt get meteor.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So apparently 3 are bringing out 2 new handsets on the 13th of Dec (as said by previous posts here) is their any further news to confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

The 13th seems a little late to me to be releasing new handsets for the Christmas market.
    You'd have thought they'd have gotten their act together earlier given that the only addition to their range since launch has been the K608i. They'll only get 2 or 3 weeks with their Christmas offers. The late late show...

Also - I've just noticed that they've coverage in the US now with T-Mobile, EUR1.75 PM to Ireland and EUR0.99 PM for incoming calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The V3X is due at the end of next week - delays from Motorola apparently.

Carphone Warehouse have posters for it already up in their shops.

Nokia 6280 has no set date.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

Rang both 3 Ireland and Carphone Warehouse, both dont know when its going
    to be released.

It was supposed to be the 13th, but now they dont know whether they'll have them this side of christmas!

It was actually in one of the sunday newspapers, to get a V3X for someone this christmas available nationwide from 3G stores, load of crap.

End of this week ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Right I got my Nokia 6680 yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed so far, only downside so far is it seems O2 don't allow sending of media messages to Three users....or atleast thats what it seems.

On a side note, although Three's website says the delivery company looks for your credit card when they deliver the phone, they looked for nothing from me...infact they gave it to someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

If 3 knew that interlink would be beaten with a stick over it. Its the one thing they are dead set on is that person who orders is the person they deliver to and even if you cant be there you cant change delivery address till they at least try once to deliver to the first address you give them then you can change delivery address.

I heard of one delivery guy meeting a guy on the side of the M50 to give him his phone, but giving them to ppl that are not the person it is for is the sort of thing that 3 insist that that delivery person is pulled from delivering their phones its already happened a few times.

Well it was being delivered to a company and they just left it at reception, but I half expected them to want me to sign for it or atleast show my credit card like their site says.
    I know they did'ent ask to see me as I was speaking to the receptionist just when they dropped in to deliver it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

As i said you "should" be phoneless. But well we are all happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

Lads,

got I think the last Motorola V3X phone last night with Vodafone.

Tried it out tonight, and I can safely say, its a million times better than what I thought it would be, it unreal!!

The download speed, picture quality is fantastic, the sound is so clear and loud!

I see Three are now offering the Motorola RAZR V3x
    http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1133976167214
    Pricing ain't too bad tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya my bro got it yesterday looks cool
    im waiting for them to release the nokia n70 though hopefully it wont be to expensive
    anyone have any idea how much it will cost on thr €25 a month package

1huge1 wrote:
    ya my bro got it yesterday looks cool
    im waiting for them to release the nokia n70 though hopefully it wont be to expensive
    anyone have any idea how much it will cost on thr €25 a month package

If the current expensive handsets are anything to go by I'd suggest 159e ;)

thanks mate but some guy with 'jam' in his name just told me that nokia wont be releasing any more phones on 3 in ireland (maybe everywere) so i guess ill go with the new motorola razr v3x

Never said that...

Just not the N70

ya i got the motorola v3x in the end class phone but i dont live in a 3G area cant believe how much im missing out on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 justinok

Have been on 3 since September and have been saving E30-50 per month.

Over december was have been travelling round the county and have started to notice how poor the coverage. When there is not 3 3G network, customers are supposed to be allow to use the vodaphone network and based on my experience this does not happen at all. When I called 3 customer services thet said to force the change on the network selection and that I would have to do this every time when outside 3G coverage, even when driving. Have been trying this and voda boot me off after about 20 seconds.

Was on the side of the sugarloaf yesteday and there was not coverage and voad would not allow me on. May have to consider going back to voda the coverage has proven so problematic

Any ideas ? dont want to leave 3 but am running out of option...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Yes I am having problems too. I had no probelms until about a week ago. Now when I do a network serach I get two different 3's to choose from. If I choose the 3 one which I think is 3G coverage it can't access network. If I choose the ordinary 3 signal still wont access network. Also even in a town about 7 miles away from me was getting full signal its now down to no coverage and if i'm lucky 1 bar. I must give them a ring and if no luck I'm changing network.

If I do decide to change networks do I have to buy myself out of the contract or as my coverage is non existent anymore can I argue this. They'll probably want the phone back. Also will I have any problems porting over an 083 number as it probably hasnt been done before?

• Advertisement

coverage is abit iffy alright, I visited my parents in Co.Kilkenny during chtristmas and while my O2 phone used to always have full bar my 3 phone was all over the place.
    Depending on where I walked I'd almost losse all coverage, doesn't bother me that much as I'm in Waterford and I have no signal problems anywhere around so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 justinok

have just spoken with 3 - apparently vodafone did a 'sweep' of their network and threw off anybody who is not vodaphone ie all the 3 customers. 3 said that since i joined 'early' then i'd need a new sim card in order to access the vodafone network (when 3 are not available). there was no apology for the crap coverage we've had to endure for the last few months

Couple of thing wrong here. why are 3 not responsible for the level of service their customers receive?....its always somebody elses fault. Their network is starting to look more and more half baked every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Surely this would be grounds to terminate the contract without penalty since 3 are unable to provide a service.

justinok wrote:
    Have been on 3 since September and have been saving E30-50 per month.

Over december was have been travelling round the county and have started to notice how poor the coverage. When there is not 3 3G network, customers are supposed to be allow to use the vodaphone network and based on my experience this does not happen at all. When I called 3 customer services thet said to force the change on the network selection and that I would have to do this every time when outside 3G coverage, even when driving. Have been trying this and voda boot me off after about 20 seconds.

Was on the side of the sugarloaf yesteday and there was not coverage and voad would not allow me on. May have to consider going back to voda the coverage has proven so problematic

Any ideas ? dont want to leave 3 but am running out of option...

im in a area were they have only 2.5g and i always have full signal and i dont live in a very big place at all
    but i only got it like 2 weeks ago and the guy who posted a while back said it was only happening to the sims that were 1st released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Any have problems with sending text messages. Been with them since august but on dec 14th it stopped allowing me to send texts . Rang them several times and went into the shop but they were no help. But they sent me out a new phone coz 3 buttons fell off my old one. Could anyone tell me how to remedy this problem, or give me the message centre number. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I'm just wondering if this is possible:

before on Vodafone if I was getting an upgrade, I would change my post-pay package to the premium one so I'd get a good deal on the upgrade. As soon as I had the phone then, I'd go back to the cheaper one. It'd work out cheaper in the end.

So if I bought a phone with 3, say the SE k608i and bought it on the 600 price plan, could I change to the cheaper price plan the following month or has this practice been stopped?

3 won't let you drop price plan for the first 6 months I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Try calling 444 from yer 3 mobile...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Jam Man wrote:
    3 won't let you drop price plan for the first 6 months I think....
    this is right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Just ported too 3.

Only got normal coverage in my area. No 3G at all :(

When i dial 333 and then press '1' to hear my minutes remaining it tells be the service is only available from my 3 phone. Whats going on here?

Anybody know are all data calls on 3's network free? Not just the 3G content?

Advertisement