Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

JimmySmith wrote:
    Just ported too 3.

Only got normal coverage in my area. No 3G at all :(

When i dial 333 and then press '1' to hear my minutes remaining it tells be the service is only available from my 3 phone. Whats going on here?

Anybody know are all data calls on 3's network free? Not just the 3G content?
    dont know why thats happening (if it does hand up and diall 333 again)
    i have a big problem though i called 333 and pressed 2 and then pressed tow to find how much i have spent (just to see what it says) and it said i have spent €5.55 even though i havent used it for anything outside my price plan which i havent gone over
    called 3 they wernt really any help only really said to wait for my bill
    i havent called any internation numbers or texted or any premium numbers or download any stuff of planet 3
    anyone know how i could of got charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What plan are you on? Does your plan include txts?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JimmySmith wrote:
    Just ported too 3.

Only got normal coverage in my area. No 3G at all :(

When i dial 333 and then press '1' to hear my minutes remaining it tells be the service is only available from my 3 phone. Whats going on here?

Anybody know are all data calls on 3's network free? Not just the 3G content?

you can't hear your minutes if your number is on private. that's probably the problem. data calls like emails etc aren't free. what other kind of data are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

When i joined 3 in August i joined at the Eur 45 price plan then back in October i asked if i upgraded to the Eur 60 price plan and after a month decided it wasnt for me would i be able to come back to my Eur 45 a month tariff. I was told yes as it was the Eur 45 plan that i was on when i signed up and that the 6 month rule wouldnt apply, it would only apply if i wanted to go to a plan below the one i joined on, anyway i changed for a month then decided it wasnt worth it for me then at end of October called and told the guy i wanted to go back to my Eur 45. He said that was fine so i thought nothing more of it til i got my bill. I was still being billed for Eur 60!!! I called up and was told by a girl that i cant move down til after 6 months and she went away for 17 minutes to check it !!!! I told her I wasnt paying it and further more i am with them 6 months at end of January so i will then go down to Eur 25. She tried to tell me i wouldnt be able to as i can only move down one plan at a time. I told her that I was given in correct info when upgrading and that i have noted all people i spoke to and that im not paying anymore bills til its sorted!!!

They are the biggest shower of ..... that ive ever dealt with . Warning to anyone when you speak to anyone keep a note of date/name/time they are beyond belief!!!!

By the way anyone know if the info was correct or in correct let me know !!

I have been asking them for weeks to disable my voicemail as I don't want it. They keep promising to do it but nothing happens. I dunno what they are up to.

• Advertisement

Yeah mate something as simple as that what hope have I got !!!! What a total dissapointment. There was all this hype about how wonderful they were going to be and really shake up the market. They cant even offer a PAYG service for the majority of people that would be interested in 3 and also they only give the latest handsets to UK customers. Its the typical bleed the Irish dry attitude!!!! Im glad other people are having problems too reading over the previous few weeks. I thought it was just me ....
    Bond-007 wrote:
    I have been asking them for weeks to disable my voicemail as I don't want it. They keep promising to do it but nothing happens. I dunno what they are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

kevinmcc wrote:
    Yes I am having problems too. I had no probelms until about a week ago. Now when I do a network serach I get two different 3's to choose from. If I choose the 3 one which I think is 3G coverage it can't access network. If I choose the ordinary 3 signal still wont access network.
    This is to do with the the 3 USIM card. Most phones will let the SIM cards PLMN override that built into the phone. 3 and vodafone both employ this feature. On my N 6680 I would do a network search and it would turn up:
    Displayed Name (network name: code) [network long name shown by fexplorer]

[3g] O2 - IRL (o2: 272 02) [O2 - IRL]
    [3G] 3 (vodafone: 272 01) [vodafone IE]
    Meteor (meteor: 272 03) [METEOR]
    [3G] 272 05 (3: 272 05) [272 05]

When I selected any of these networks it would display "3" beside the clock.
    Then I got the Generic software flashed onto the phone, removing any 3 branding. Now when I do a network search I get the following:
    [3g] O2 - IRL (o2: 272 02) [O2 - IRL]
    [3G] 3 (vodafone: 272 01) [vodafone IE]
    Meteor (meteor: 272 03) [METEOR]
    [3G] 3 (3: 272 05) [3 IRL]

Of course if I had no 3 coverage and scanned for networks, the only 3 shown would be voda and any time I have selected voda, I have had no roaming issues. It should also be noted that 3 dont use Vodas roaming in dublin so it wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

you can't hear your minutes if your number is on private. that's probably the problem. data calls like emails etc aren't free. what other kind of data are you talking about?

ah that'll be it then. thanks for that. i sent a few emails and browsed the crap 2g network for a while. probably wont be doing it again anyway it was so bad :)

Bond-007 wrote:
    What plan are you on? Does your plan include txts?
    found out in the end i was signed up to a text alert that i was sure that it said it was free when i signed up for it 2 weeks ago
    anyway i got 10 msgs and got charged €6.09
    called them once and the guy said it was free and he said it that money wouldnt be added to my bill
    called them again and the girl said it was never free now im getting charged €6 for a few msgs that just said something like man u 1 blackburn 1
    (i unsubcribed straight away obviously)

as for the guy who said they would stop his voicemail i had the same problem with them and on the 3rd time they actually did it

they deactivated my voicemail no hassle. if you still want voicemail but don't want to pay for it theres a voicemail app you can get for the 6680

• Advertisement

Did you need to press a certain number after the 333 call is answered? I seem to be getting the runaround with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Dellas wrote:
    When i joined 3 in August i joined at the Eur 45 price plan then back in October i asked if i upgraded to the Eur 60 price plan and after a month decided it wasnt for me would i be able to come back to my Eur 45 a month tariff. I was told yes as it was the Eur 45 plan that i was on when i signed up and that the 6 month rule wouldnt apply, it would only apply if i wanted to go to a plan below the one i joined on, anyway i changed for a month then decided it wasnt worth it for me then at end of October called and told the guy i wanted to go back to my Eur 45. He said that was fine so i thought nothing more of it til i got my bill. I was still being billed for Eur 60!!! I called up and was told by a girl that i cant move down til after 6 months and she went away for 17 minutes to check it !!!! I told her I wasnt paying it and further more i am with them 6 months at end of January so i will then go down to Eur 25. She tried to tell me i wouldnt be able to as i can only move down one plan at a time. I told her that I was given in correct info when upgrading and that i have noted all people i spoke to and that im not paying anymore bills til its sorted!!!

They are the biggest shower of ..... that ive ever dealt with . Warning to anyone when you speak to anyone keep a note of date/name/time they are beyond belief!!!!

By the way anyone know if the info was correct or in correct let me know !!

Dellas, when discussing issues on various boards I have ofte got the lazy "you must work for them" routine that really annoys me. I am loathe to use it myself. However, I can't help but thinking that you are harbouring a vested interest. Every post you have on '3' has a separate issue and unusual combinations of customer services. It's as if you were reading from the sales manual of another operator. Is this the case?

'3's terms and conditions are pretty straightforward and they tell you about the tarriff switches up front as I had a discussion about it when I signed up. I also find that they are good at responding to queries either on the phone or via e-mail. There's a few things I would like to see changed. Two that come to mind are webtexts and the opening up of the web access.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Did you need to press a certain number after the 333 call is answered? I seem to be getting the runaround with them.

how do you mean? i pressed 6 to talk to a customer service guy and then said i don't want any voicemail. now it just rings out and then says "your call cannot be connected" or some such thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

they deactivated my voicemail no hassle. if you still want voicemail but don't want to pay for it theres a voicemail app you can get for the 6680
    Do you have to pay for voicemail with 3?

Where can I get the application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Yes it comes out of the bundled minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For weeks now I can't use my phone outside Ireland. It finds the roaming network, allows me to make 1 call and than goes to "emergency calls only".

This happens in different countries including the UK and it happens on different roaming partners.

Every time I call it get another stupid agent saying "we don't have controll over foreign networks - there is nothing we can do".

Last week I finaly got an agent who was knowing what she was doing and she could see that I logged onto 3 UK but could not see why on their own network I suddenly was "emergency calls only".

Callbacks never happen, agents claim they see not entries of any calls in their system or if that the call was ended with "customer happy ,problem solved".

Just now I had an idiot on the phone that for 10 minute tried to tell me that in Amsterdam they have no roaming partner, I finaly pointed out that he might want to have a look under "Netherlands" because when I asked him what country he has used for Amsterdam he said "Holland". He than disconnected me because I was talking down to him according to his feeling.

When I asked them what I have to pay for them to cancel my contract they told me full fee until the end of contract. So they cant provide me with the service they promisse, their staff does not even know where what in europe is and I have to pay them full money.

What for a mess.

You shouldn't have to pay them anything if they are unable/unwilling to provide the service you have paid for.

For weeks now I can't use my phone outside Ireland. It finds the roaming network, allows me to make 1 call and than goes to "emergency calls only".

This happens in different countries including the UK and it happens on different roaming partners.

Every time I call it get another stupid agent saying "we don't have controll over foreign networks - there is nothing we can do".

Last week I finaly got an agent who was knowing what she was doing and she could see that I logged onto 3 UK but could not see why on their own network I suddenly was "emergency calls only".

Callbacks never happen, agents claim they see not entries of any calls in their system or if that the call was ended with "customer happy ,problem solved".

Just now I had an idiot on the phone that for 10 minute tried to tell me that in Amsterdam they have no roaming partner, I finaly pointed out that he might want to have a look under "Netherlands" because when I asked him what country he has used for Amsterdam he said "Holland". He than disconnected me because I was talking down to him according to his feeling.

When I asked them what I have to pay for them to cancel my contract they told me full fee until the end of contract. So they cant provide me with the service they promisse, their staff does not even know where what in europe is and I have to pay them full money.

What for a mess.

Dellas, can you post under the one ID please!!!

litirspam wrote:
    Do you have to pay for voicemail with 3?

Where can I get the application?

i haven't seen it myself but i was told it exists. on this thread i think if you want to go looking through 33 pages. i'd say gosymbian.com would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Try calling 444 from yer 3 mobile...

...and it says "Welcome to Pay as you go from 3" and asks you to activate your topup voucher. Is this a hint that 3Pay's comin soon?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1huge1 wrote:
    called them again and the girl said it was never free now im getting charged €6 for a few msgs that just said something like man u 1 blackburn 1
    (i unsubcribed straight away obviously)
    so a 1 mb 'goal ' clip is free to d/l as a video on 3 but the same notice in 0.001kb txt format is €1 a pop. Phew. :(
    as for the guy who said they would stop his voicemail i had the same problem with them and on the 3rd time they actually did it
    I remember the exact same grief on o2 speakeasy a year or two back after they activated voicemail for some reason . I still expect it to reappear !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BrianD wrote:
    Dellas, can you post under the one ID please!!!

BrianD, I'm sorry but what ever gave you reason to assume that I am Dellas is wrong! Next time I suggest you ask before you post stuff like that!

BrianD, I'm sorry but what ever gave you reason to assume that I am Dellas is wrong! Next time I suggest you ask before you post stuff like that!

Yes BrianD who do you think you are !!!! Attacking other members comments and your last post takes the biscuit!!! Do you work for 3 or something ???? Your comments are very aggresive and not true. Please can you avoid making negative un true statements in future I have as much right to be on this forum as anyone else including you. If you read my posts I have never put anyone down on this forum unlike YOU!!!!

I am a normal Joe soap who is a Consumer and it does not matter what you think personally about what or how i use my mobile or Quote ' Strange customer services' issues. The fact is I never have said anything on this forum that is untrue or of my personal experiences. I do not work in the Mobile industry in case you are implying that.

It may have been more constructive to answer my question with regards the 'correct policy' on tariff switching bearing in mind what i was told and what im being told now!! If indeed you know the answer.

So in future mate please treat others with the same respect and understanding that Id treat you ..... Cheers

yeh he got ya there BrianD lol
    anyway thanks for the reply sponge bob
    yea it is very strange that they charge you a absolute bomb for a tiny sms yet a big video doing so much more is free
    well i have learned from my mistakes sadly i dont live in a 3G area

1huge1 wrote:
    yeh he got ya there BrianD lol

Yeah, BrianD was chasing my ass in another forum last week when I people an email address to sort out METEOR mobile billing issues ....if they go on too long..... that was Here

He does not work for either Meteor or 3 I can fairly safely say :D

My assumption was based on identical writing styles and issues raised. My apologies if I am incorrect in my assumption.

I do not work for '3' but I am a recent subscriber.

And while I may have jumped the gun on the above, your posting Sponge Bob on Phil Nolan/Meteor takes the biscuit in regard to childish remarks. Imagine suggesting that a poster should e-mail the CEO to get a problem sorted out? Are you for real???

BTW I have never put down anybody in a discussion/debate on these forums unlike others here. A quick search will verify this.

BrianD wrote:
    My assumption was based on identical writing styles and issues raised. My apologies if I am incorrect in my assumption.
    Jayzus I give him a way out by telling them he does not work in the mobile industry and he still won't apologise properly to Dellas and Dublin-Texas :( BrianD , I am well used to you but an UNRESERVED and UNQUALIFIED apology is whats required here. TIA .
    Imagine suggesting that a poster should e-mail the CEO to get a problem sorted out?
    ROFLMFAO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

BrianD wrote:
    Imagine suggesting that a poster should e-mail the CEO to get a problem sorted out? Are you for real???

Um, and why not? The CEO is usually the best person to complain to if you're getting no satisfaction from the usually channels of communication.

Remember Bill Murphy the last CEO of Esat BT used to deal with customer complaints and deal with the customer HIMSELF to get their problem sorted!

Obviously you shouldn't go to the CEO before contacting customer services..that's just stupid :)

anyone else notice today that all of 3's customer care numbers (333 1800330333 and some others) wernt working for ages

• Advertisement

Well I've another complaint...
    I was in the states last week and guess what??

Despite it saying on their website that three has a roaming agreement with t- mobile for the states and despite this being confirmed to me over the phone before I went...

They dont as all I got from T mobile was a message "no access"

Gas thing is I've discovered that their roaming in New york is there alright but only on the jfk cell... ie once you leave the airport you get a "no access" message

What the fcuk is the point of that ?? I actually rang their customer care team from a vodafone phone that was roaming perfectly everywhere on t mobile and they tried to tell me that t mobiles coverage was patchy...
    I was quick to tell them it wasnt patchy with vodafone!!

I also told them that no access to t mobile in manhattan was a disgrace and that new york or the U.S for that matter didnt begin and end at jfk...

Advertisement