Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

That's exactly what I'm doing. It's my stag as well so hopefully I'll survive and put a brave face on me for marching in the parade with the little one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Delighted Ireland won the 6 nations , definitely a few js and chill now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Beautiful day in Dublin- spring has finally sprung

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Absolute dire morning in the midlands..has not stopped drizzling since 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Brighter and brighter. Mayo/Roscommon border. Barbecue time! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Not a beautiful day in this part of Dublin! Dull, grey, drab. Not currently raining, but everything is still wet. Footpaths still full of puddles, and destroyed with mud and wet grass where the council have cut the greens last week, ripping up the waterlogged ground.

Hopefully it stays dry for the parades locally and in town. My memories of attending the Dublin parade as a child in the 80s are all of sunny warm days, but icy cold and wet when marching in the local parades in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Started off drizzly but lovely afternoon in Galway. Warm and sunny. Perfect timing.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Agree- everything’s still soaked but it’s quite bright at Dublin zoo and when the sun comes out it’s quite warm.

I think it’s the sun anyway- it’s a big warm yellow thing in the sky that I haven’t seen in a few months 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Sounds like that mythical ball of fire alright! Enjoy the zoo in the sunshine. Hopefully it moves a bit further west in time for our parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry morning.

Here comes rain for 2pm parade. Emmmmm.

13⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

I know at last a St. Patrick's Day that isn't cold and isn't wet, perfect!

So delighted for all the kids in local parade, your always waiting around before you walk in it but this year no coats or rain gear needed it was brilliant!

2nd cutting of the grass currently underway here in NCD finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Happy St Patrick's day guys

Unregistered Users

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wow that looks great joujoujou, I'll have a hotdog with plenty of mustard and onions thanks 😁

Great day in Kerry, felt mild up around 14C with blue skies and a light breeze, in shirt sleeves in the sheltered part of the garden, was actually power washing and cleaning out my outside room area and BBQ and only saying will have a BBQ soon, nice green hue along the tree line now, another week and should be plenty of leaves out, we were commenting that the early shrubs producing leaves and flowers are in great shape this year, not far from the coast and often get burnt if the winds turn strong and cold.

Tomorrow back to the rain and a bit breezy or blustery, the surface water here was just about gone but probably back again by tomorrow evening, doing lots of work these days in the garden, thankfully I have a good path around the back that I put down over a number of years so I am not tearing the place up altogether.

Raining now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Nice. I hope you had some good tunes playing. There seems to no sign of a run fine days to get all the painting done. The grass will need another cut soon. I managed to cut it last week- the earliest I've ever had to cut it.

Unregistered Users

^^ Had plenty of good tunes indeed! Chaffinch, song thrush, robin, blackbird and few others were singing all day. :-)

Still waiting for marsh warbler.

Absolutely stunning morning here in NCD. This is unreal two nice days in a row when we are actually off work!

Two beautiful tulips 🌷 also blooming in the garden.

Off to the park we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

You've just gone and jinxed it for yourself......only joking.....but cloud and rain is on the way very soon. It's already overcast in Trim, Meath. There were good sunny spells less than 30 minutes ago. It could be good practice to check satellite imagery before assuming the day is going to be as good as it when you first look out the window, otherwise it could lead to disappointment, as is likely to be the case today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is it ever going to stop raining ?

I'd take even one day at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Lovely looking on 06z GFS. There seems to be a trend starting to pop up on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Yesterday wasn't great here in Meath until about 3pm or shortly afterwards as the morning and early afternoon had plenty of sideways mist and drizzle and fairly windy. The afternoon improved alot. It was a nice morning here but rain already close by and looks like it's going to be another wet afternoon and evening. We can't even get one fully dry day from morning to evening.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just finished a lovely walk from Greystones to Newcastle on the coastal path.

Fine morning but rain not too far away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭pureza

Radar says its raining down here but its not

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

spitting drizzle on and off for past 2 hours but not enough to wet the ground.

We had a brilliant few hours out in the park. Yes the sun did disappear by afternoon but stayed dry and still quite mild.

A few spits of rain now, but sure its time to chill now at home.

We're getting lucky in Meath and Dublin with most of the rain passing just to our north-west, ground still dry here with drops every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭pureza

Same here

A bit of drizzle last half hour

Nothing otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

It's dreadful in Tralee. No let up all day, just pouring down. Saturday was the same, as were several days in the last week. At least Paddy's Day was good. But jeez is 2024 going to be repeat of the washout that was 2023!! 😨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Winters evening out there. Hat and coat watching the kids GAA. So dark and a shower or rain at 530pm.

Yesterdays drizzle went on longer here. After 3pm it turned in to a bright afternoon.

12⁰ Meath but definitely not feeling that most of today. Yestersay to be fair, did feel its true temp. Not feeling cold at all yesterday compared to today (at similar temps)

Advertisement