Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

dry and sunny it certainly wasn’t in my location for the week that’s for sure. Today another manky day cold dull rain on and off since mid morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Weather would put years on you.........

Dark, wet, dismal.

7⁰ Ratoath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

After two dry days it's back to the rain,dark,cold and drizzling away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Damp & Dreary in North Kildare today

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Horrible night lashing rain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Spent a few hours this morning availing of the very low tides on the Kerry coast rummaging around for old bottles and pottery ( found a few ) , cold wind under grey overcast skies would certainly keep you on the move, after a couple of hours the wind rose up making it feel quite cold where it wasn't sheltered but still great to be out. Great drying over the last few days here, tomorrow hope to get the back garden cut with the ride on lawn mower, the ground just about dry enough to mow and being that bit soft is a good chance to use the mower to act as a roller and even out the winter bumps caused by the ground swelling. Looks like a bit of rain in Munster on Monday but hopefully not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Absolutely no end to the cold, grey, overcast weather at the moment in Cork. Last Tuesday was amazing, lovely day, but dismal ever since really. Trying to brighten but no sun and absolutely no warmth.

No sun forecast for days and days either.

Been like this since the weather broke in June last year. Absolutely miserable, **** sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Pleasant day in Lanzarote, 22° and partly cloudy with a very light breeze. Good walking weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another manky cold, wet, dark March day and no let up in the unsettled conditions any time soon unfortunately. The only good news is that it will become much milder over the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

A muck of a day. Farmers who were told to get their cattle out to grass in February to save costs are now being told to rethink this strategy due to recent wet springs.

There will probably be drought conditions for 4 to 5 weeks which is the norm now. I just hope it waits a little longer to midsummer instead of coming early in late spring and then bust for the summer.

Enjoy the holiday highdef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Warm enough for a sea swim or more walking and moving about? Asking as am heading to the Canary’s soon myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it just me or has the weather been brutal so far this year? Following on from last year we seem to be getting much more in the way of wind, cloud's & rain so depressing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No it's not you,it's been brutal,the rain is incessant and the gloominess is endless. Even when it's not raining(which is very rare),it's cloudy and overcast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We've been in a largely very wet pattern for the last year and a half (since Autumn 2022) with only a few respite breaks every now and then. We've just come out of one of the wettest and mildest winters on record so it has been fairly crap now for ages. Hopefully an improvement by the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Weather has been wet since end of last June. Odd sunny days and a few glorious days in September. Think last Spring was dry. It's kinda like west coast weather in the east now.

M I s e r a b l e here on the East.

8⁰ Rain in Meath

Meanwhile no rain in Galway they tell me, though is overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cot-mad

i was in Valencia last weekend and it was 21c but very breezy. Definitely wouldn’t be going for a swim! Lovely bright clear weather though. We rented bikes which was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Just finished a walk and it was pleasant, not very warm or anything but good walking weather. Sea is quite nippy though, about 19° so I won't be going near the sea.

Every year here we generally get a few nice weeks in March, and a few nice weeks in the summer, and a few nice weeks in September.

We have had none of those. We just don't seem to get a high pressure sitting over us at all anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

It seems to be just rain rain rain most days so far this year. Even when we had snow on 1st March in Dublin it just reverted back to rain. Very depressing period. Like many here, I hope we have a significant pattern change for this summer. That Azores high better pay us many visits like it does in the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Being a pessimist I am thinking the Azores high will stick to our south. European will have more heat records broken while we are on the wrong side of the high and get North, Northwest winds with the same rain we have for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Best to just assume summer will be the usual windy rainy spirit killing couple of months, it's the hope that kills you

I see there is a yellow warning for rain for Cork and Kerry tomorrow evening. Looking like a wet week ahead. Not much change from February, well not in the south of the country anyway. Certainly no chance of places drying out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

What's the story with these unusually high tides the last few days. Anyone know the cause ?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calculator123

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Of course I got solar panels installed last week and now we have thick clouds over Dublin, haven't generated anything at all. The was a day in the first week of January I generated basically nothing on my original panel setup. Nothing like the weekend just gone though. Hopefully clouds clear soon. If was cloudy but sunny last week which was fine!

Depressing dark, dull morning. Weekend was poor too - the rain yesterday. Never stepped out in the garden.

They cut a few lawns in the West under dry skies.

6° Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

So sick of the grey in Dublin sigh

• Advertisement

Unexpected lovely sunshine in Cork this morning - or rather as far as I can tell from the office.

The good-weekday crap-weekend trend continues. I know the rest of this week is looking dreadful though, as is the bank holiday weekend in full. Crazy.

Advertisement