Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Drizzly rain this morning so far in south Dublin, was expecting dull anticyclonic weather here at this time of year but was hoping it would at least be dry, oh well, the weekend is nearly here!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah….damp start to the dry spell in Greystones too, with a little light rain/drizzle. Clearing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Still cloudy for most places. Sunshine in the extreme SW and NE and isolated pockets elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Oh dear, wet again. By the time this high pressure comes it won't be worth it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Rain starting at junction 14 on the M7 near Monasterevin.
    360 degree grey with a tiny ribbon of light blue in my field of vision.
    Car says 14 degrees, but it’s still coat weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Thought it was brightening up late morning. Clouds rolled in. Heavy drizzle Meath

12⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Ditto in Trim but it's moderate rain with a brief heavy burst as well. Enough rain to make pools of water.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so much for the dry spell, we may get 2 days out of this if we're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another lovely day in Galway. Completely dry for 2 days now. Looking forward to weekend. Growth is really taking off now with heat coming into the soil.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Frequent showers in Dublin, mostly dull and grey. Incredibly disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Disappointing day in Limk City. Grey with low overcast and light drizzle on and off. 15c but feels cooler.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some more dry spell rain now in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

i remember last time i was away somewhere sunny, the vast expanses of blue when you look out at the sea horizon, 360 dome of blue skies with zero clouds was almost unnerving because i was so used to having low cloud cover every f**king day in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Showers cleared , sunny spells here in meath now. 14c. Brighter skies moving south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭yagan

Been mostly sunny and warm.

Cork Harbour.

Weeds are sprouting up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ascophyllum

Beautiful warm sunny afternoon in West Mayo after a dull and drizzly start today

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wazzzledazzle

Starnge day, warm in the sun, chilly when it disappears, showers, then drizzle, then some sunny spells. Outlook still decent for next couple of days. Keep the faith as they say

N.Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Still raining in South Wicklow, it's been showery today on and off. I had booked next week off work to get some outdoor jobs done but I decided to take back some of the days because it looks like we're likely to get a breakdown again mid-week with some decent model consensus for at least some rain from Wednesday onward. Just as well because I was worried we might end up in a drought with 4-5 days of no rain!

For the gardeners among us be aware that over the next few nights there's a chance of frost so you might want to cover or bring in any young plants or veggies.

Just for added fun the ECM 00z is showing Sunday 28th to be a serious day of rain for the southern edge of Cork, but I don't think this will verify as it's very localised and no other models are showing it. Just thought I'd throw it in for the craic but at this stage I wouldn't be surprised by it either…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Skies clearing up nicely now, chilly but very pleasant with little wind around, long run in the morning, hope its nice and crisp.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Me too Bill. We have that common. We should get a room.😁😁😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

I agree with a lot of that too. I don't like the long days in miserable weather, or as KaneSouthEast aptly put it, "the dank grey slate" but when warm and sunny the long days are lovely. Like you, I too love the outdoors and when in Spain practically live outdoors. Like you, I'd be out working in my garden til dark, works wonders for my mental health as I like to be active and preferably active outdoors. But you can't be outdoors when it's so cold and rainy, and in Kerry that's how it is most of the time, even in high summer. So you're stuck indoors and it's miserable out and it wont even oblige by getting dark. And as another poster said, it feels strange to be sitting around watching TV or getting ready for bed in broad daylight. A problem we don't have in winter.

Meanwhile, another grey, chilly day in Tralee. But here's hoping for better tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Forecast -1c at 07:00 tomorrow 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Just once it doesn't get too hot. 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

That turned into a beautiful evening here in NCD.

We were all delighted at football training, nice for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful evening in North Kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A nice evening finally after a very damp and drizzely morning and afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Rugbyf565

the summer weather has arrived lads, shorts on 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Brilliant chances of seeing the northern lights tonight, strong solor storm ,already 30% in the horizon in my location

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

its only the sudden change that gets me, once I get used to it I'm fine. I wish they wouldn't change the hour that way the seasons would come in naturally and gradually. I swim and hike and am a very outdoors person but that sudden change just seems to upset my rhythm.

On a different note I'm in Derrynane South Kerry and its been bright sunshine, blue skies since about 2pm. Was gardening up to about 3pm… had a swim at 5pm and there were a few others in. Going hiking tomorrow. Right now at 8.30pm I'm looking at the most beautiful sunset.

The sunshine is all I need for energy but I guess we could all say that! Hope it arrives with everyone tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement