Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Thankfully the sun and blue skies appeared this afternoon. Nice evening sky.

11⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

My daughter is another creature of the dark. She has always loved winter and the dark evenings & nights. When very young, she would cry late spring time knowing she wouldn’t see the moon or stars for months. In her teens now and has never changed - much more bearable of course as she can stay up late on weekends and holidays to see the night sky.

Not me. I’m a gardener and love spring & summer.

Lovely afternoon & evening in the North east. Sunny & bright, if a tad chilly. Got lots of work done outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Beautiful afternoon and evening in the midlands

Frost promised early in morning ❄️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

turned into a very pleasant evening. Definitely not shorts weather but just a relief from the rain the dullness and damp. Great to see a blue sky and a bit of sunshine.

• Advertisement

Wow mykrodot, how are ye lot down the road in Derrynane so much luckier than us up here in Tralee! 😔 Maybe it's the beautiful "vale of Tralee" and all the mountains, because at 8.30 PM here I got utterly sick of looking out at the gloom and closed the blinds. Even the poor cat couldn't hack it, too cold [she's getting old] and came in. Certainly no sunsets here.

Really hoping for a decent day tomorrow to finally get some garden work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

In Austria this week, certainly in Tirol, they are expecting a week of fairly continuous snowfall down to 800m, probably three most continuous period of snowfall since Nov - and all the ski slopes bar glaciers have closed; weather is amazing, although I feel sorry for the farmers and the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Oh no that's awful. I live 15 km from Tralee myself but regularly go to Derrynane to mind a friend's house. It was dull and drizzly leaving home today, drove into the sun from Cahersiveen onwards, bliss! I think that's unusual for South Kerry, especially Cahersiveen. Hope it reaches Tralee tomorrow, this was about 5pm close to Derrynane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lovely evening in Sligo n possible aurora too. Still not a 24hr dry day but lovely to see deep blue skies. Tomorrow n Sunday even better n maybe Monday too. 3 warm sunny days. I'll definitely take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

@sryanbruen Maybe it’s a question you’ve had before but when do we typically record the first 20c of the year? /earliest/latest? Thanking you

• Advertisement

At last! A really beautiful sunny morning in Tralee, hallelujah! Getting really stuck into my garden work and loving it, long may it last! Just taking a quick break for a cuppa. What a difference a nice day makes, enjoy it everyone.😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Indeed it is, coffee by the ponds down the back this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

lovely warm morning out here in south Dublin. Long may this continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Absolutely ideal conditions for me in Dublin this morning. Dry, sunny, cool and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

so is it warm or cool in Dublin this morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful day at last here in Meath, it's been a long time coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

Nice morn in Cork, Parkrun with no heavy wind was nice. Last night was good too, been a decent week overall considering how bad it is most of the time here. I see the tops are off already and there has been a steady flow of customers at the off license nearby !

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It's 11 degrees. It was 0 degrees when I got up at dawn. I think that's cool enough - but that's how I like it! I don't want it to warm up at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ascophyllum

I'm surprised at how warm it was so early in West Mayo, out of the shelter of the light breeze at 10am it felt...quite hot! Really beautiful day here right on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunningly beautiful morning, Costa del Dollymount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Here in Carrigaline, Co. Cork. Parasol and seats out. Met e saying its 13c here and feels like 9. Erm i would beg to differ .. no real cold in odd lite breeze in shade, in sun nice and warm. Feels more like 18 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Gorgeous here in Wicklow town. This weather has been a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Final couple of weeks of the season and finally getting lovely Spring like weather...hopefully a sign of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

I agree, when we were at the beach yes there was a little bit of a breeze but when your in a sheltered spot it is absolutely roasting and heat in the sun is a tonic after all the miserable weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and sunny here in carrick on shannon 😀 uv levels are between 3 to 5 today , plenty to do with the garden so I'm taking advantage of this good weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely 15°C here in East Clare..

Stretched out on the bean bag drinking tae !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Non stop in the garden today, I've longed for a day like this for so so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Stunning day in Galway, went out past spiddal on the bike. **** scalded!

Real warm, tshirt weather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today was a stunning day even if it wasn't that warm, easily the best day since early October 2023. We should get another very nice day tomorrow then back to the chill and showery conditions from Monday so I'll be making the most of tomorrow.

Advertisement