Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

We were very surprised to see no frog spawn this year, it was always a bit scarce but I am wondering if the foxes are getting them, we get foxes through a lot of nights , got some lovely footage of them on the trail cam a while back.

Beautiful day still with milky blue skies, got up to 17.3C here near the Kerry coast outside Tralee, in and out all day with windows and doors opened giving that lovely clam day feel. 12.9C atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was warm enough Gonzo and the sun was strong, my husband is sunburned on his face after it!

Oh I'll be making the most of it too, we were out early this morning and only came home in evening, barely a puff of wind or cloud to be seen, absolute bliss😎

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I was cleaning silt from a freshwater spring pond which fills a cattle drinker by gravity feed further down hill and I saw three small frogs. Beautiful looking nature reserve you have there.

Beautiful day here in Meath as well. Probably the best day here since Easter Sunday .

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

I think it's to be fairly dry though until Thursday anyways and Monday shouldn't be too chilly or Tuesday...willing to be corrected on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

Stunning day in Leitrim. Heard the Cuckoo for the first time this year. Swallows have arrived. Lots done in the wet garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning day along the Wicklow coast. Sailed down to Arklow. A bit burnt!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Another similar day tomorrow, clouds bubbling up in the afternoon, best sunshine in the morning, hitting the coast at 09.00!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭pad199207

A stunning April Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Dublin airport 3.6c at 11pm.

It will be another cold night like last night, but it did lead to a cracker of a day today.

• Advertisement

Oldrio we also saw our first swallows today, love when they arrive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fantastic morning in Greystones. Calm and clear/sunny. Only 11c but beach really busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

stunning day yesterday, stunning day today in Cork City. At last 😎😍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Yes - Dublin airport is well known for getting chilly at night - especially on calm, clear evenings. Unusual given its relatively close location to the sea.

There have been several months in the recent past where the airport would report temps below its LTA for an entire month whereas Casement and PP would be doing the exact opposite.

However since the opening of the new runway these abnormally low overnight temps have disappeared almost with the station's monthly readings muchh more in tune with its nearby Dublin stations and the country in general. I'm fascinated to know why.

Some on here might have theories/reasons?

Yes - Dublin airport is well known for getting chilly at night - especially on calm, clear evenings. Unusual given its relatively close location to the sea.

There have been several months in the recent past where the airport would report temps below its LTA for an entire month whereas Casement and PP would be doing the exact opposite.

However since the opening of the new runway these abnormally low overnight temps have disappeared almost with the station's monthly readings muchh more in tune with its nearby Dublin stations and the country in general. I'm fascinated to know why.

Some on here might have theories/reasons?

Wow - 20º in Mayo at 3pm - didn't think that was on the cards!

Is this the first 20º of the season?

Even Dublin - which usually gets plagued by cool sea breezes at this time of year - is up to a respectable 16º in parts.

And how we mocked the tabloid headlines about the heatwave, they were spot on🤣.

Two days of absolute gin blue skies from morning to evening, about time we got pay back for all miserable spring weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Absolute cracker of a day in Cork, glorious.

Beautiful day back around Castlemaine Harbour. Got up to 17.7C at my site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Dazler97

19c in a few spots across Ireland, ya can feel the heat in that sun 🌞, UK struggling to reach 12c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Such a rarity to get the two best days of the week falling on Saturday & Sunday. Played golf and got the garden sorted. Wife's happy.

Enjoying a well earned brusk now while the barbie heats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lilydonoghue

We bet you to it, 1st barbecue of the season finished here now and my god it was delicious!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

An amazing weekend and well overdue making the most of it outdoors. Unfortunately the chill thats over the UK is heading straight for us and most of the country will be chilly from Tuesday/Wednesday onwards so make the absolute most of today!

Mad clouds moving in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭adocholiday

True but at least we're getting another few dry days. I'll take what I can get at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭pureza

Possibly some aviation blow off mixing

It got down to 3.3c in Arklow btw at my station which is only 2kms inland,that was at 603am this (sunday) morning

Max there was a modest 14.3c in a strong sea breeze

Advertisement