Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2023/2024 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I'm so sorry for the hard time your going through gonzo, he's at peace now and will always be around you spiritually,here if you need a chat 💯

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brookers

I completely agree, when your loved one passes, good fortune and much happiness will follow. Not talking about material things but life in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Condolences to you and your family Gonzo. May your dad rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Sorry for your loss Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I just visited my own Father's grave this afternoon on the occasion of his anniversary, in heavy rain appropriately enough.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Sorry to hear Gonzo, my condolences to you and your family during this time. May he rest in peace and I wish you all the best ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

I'm not sure if I believe the GFS op's radio at the moment as it shows a rather active Atlantic at a time when the NAO is forecast to be in negative territory.

Meanwhile, the GEM gives Ireland and Britain the Mild Finger and spring for one sliver of the northern latitiudes.

The UKMO cuts off the Atlantic mid-month and sets Ireland and Britain up for an interesting next frame and final week of the month.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

Clare (410ft asl)

The precipitation accumulation chart for the next 16 days in the 12z GFS would see Ireland smashing its average precip levels for February. For example, Athenry in Galway is already at 52mm up to the 10th, which is 10mm than the February total for 2023.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

Clare (410ft asl)

A trend to cooler weather in the final 10 days of February but no strong signal yet for any notable sting in winter's tail.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭vid36

Sorry for your loss Gonzo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

I'm so sorry Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sorry for your loss Gonzo. My wife lost her Dad to dementia too (and her Mum) so I know how hard it can be.

Just like the weather a new season with more brightness and time can help ease the grief but of course its always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Unless the ECM is very different shortly, that's one grim set of afternoon models if its cold you want. Lots and lots of rain though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I often lurk but rarely post anymore. So so sorry to hear of your father Gonzo. Mind yourself and your loved ones.

Clare (410ft asl)

Zonal negative to neutral NAO. Winter horribulus

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Charts looking very poor this evening for Coldies! All jokes aside its close to Winters over now unless a 2018 type event were to occur. I'm sure most will agree its been one of the biggest letdowns ever considering such hype back in November. It has kind of scarred us this one! The next 10 days are set in stone so we basically have c 1 week left after that

Clare (410ft asl)

The 18Z GFS pub run doing 18z GFS pub runs things🥶 Will see where it lies into he ensembles. Out on its own I suspect

If the SSW occurs as expected we can expect some fairly dramatic changes in output from run to run. A SSW does not necessarily mean Ireland/Britain will be put in the freezer. Cold air will spill south into the northern latitudes however.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

0z GFS not dissimilar. the first signs of something?

Oh it will probably be freezing but raining like last week. Lost all hope after that 0.8c and RAIN.

Bring on Spring. Next 5 days looks mild at least.

Sympathies on your loss Gonzo. My Da passed away in 2017 with the same thing.

• Advertisement
    Clare (410ft asl)

Milder weather will persist for 7-8 days after which there is a trend toward cooler weather. US east coast cold will fire up the Jetstream and place NW Europe under the influence of a zonal Atlantic pattern bringing a cold/less cold transitory pattern. Atypical of late February.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

@Gonzo i am so sorry for your loss. You’re in a tight ship now for a while and the clouds will roll over dark but he is with you. No matter what anybody believes, you can’t extinguish energy and they have a way of making us feel that in the months and years ahead. I lost my Dad 4 years ago and my Mum a year ago. It’s profound indeed. Go slowly.

Post edited by Rodar08 on

Clare (410ft asl)

The last 4 GEFS ensembles combined clearly indicate a turn to colder weather from midweek next week. A mobile Atlantic setup is expected as heights over Iberia regress south a week from today. Our weather will transition from cold/less cold/cold/less cold to the end of the month.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭skinnyfries

I too am a long time lurker, my contributions mainly limited to likes! I also want to assure you @Gonzo your postings and observations are much valued and appreciated. I wish to offer my sincere condolences on the sad passing of your father @Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Very sorry for your loss Gonzo, my deepest condolences.

Post edited by dacogawa on

GFS coming out with this sort of cr#p on its output tonight. More than likely just a day of hail showers at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Another long time lurker.

@Gonzo, condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. May he rest in peace.

Yeah, all the models have stormy weather but with pretty cold uppers from 22nd onwards. With the heavy precipitation you would certainly see flakes for a time in most places. But likely just a wintery mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Last nights GFS 18z run compared to today's 12z

13th - 18Z

14th -12z

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement