Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2023/2024 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Thinking of you Gonzo. Sorry to hear about your father. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

This winter has been appalling. Last summer I had written off this winter then I got sucked into thinking maybe it might turn out OK early on the winter. Weak pv seasonal models etc, sucked me in.

Very sorry Gonzo to hear about you father. Must be an extremely difficult time. Things like that certainly do put things into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭OldRio

If this isn't the best forum on boards I don't know what is.

Utter class.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Just getting to flick through the weatherboard pages now and came across your sad news Gonzo. Wishing you and your family well during this difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

@Gonzo my thoughts are with you and your family at this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Very sorry to hear of your father Gonzo. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Good support for blocking, cold and a less mobile Atlantic in the 18z GEFS as we enter the final week of Feb, all of which is reflected in the mean. Going forward, you'd realistically need to see more sub -10c 850 lines showing up to suggest a notable late winter cold spell

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

From a long term lucker, and someone that is not overly comfortable posting here, I am a so sorry to hear about your Dad.

For what its worth, the lurkers respect your views more than most.

~tb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Very sorry for your loss Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fearancnoic

Like Tenbob, I’ve been lurking for years, a handful of posts to my name.

Gonzo, All the very best to yourself, your Dad and your family, it’s not easy.

Off topic a little but…

Our Mam died the night of the BFTE – Mar 3rd 2018. She was in a nursing home in Tipp, I was in North Galway. We heard she was in a bad way but I couldn’t travel with the snow. My Dad in Tipp 200m ASL was snowed in. She died later that night but she always loved the snow.

Exactly a year later to the day, after mass, we were in the graveyard. I looked up at the hill where my father still lives and I saw snow that hadn’t been there an hour earlier – Ninja snow I’d describe it as. It snowed so heavily that we were barely able to drive out of there later in the day.

I don’t know what your beliefs are but I firmly believe that snowfall was our Mam telling us that all was good with her. I saw enough signs during that year to believe that the dead who are close to us have quite a bit of influence in the months after they pass and are looking after us.

When your poor Dad does pass, it wouldn’t surprise me one little bit if he brought about the downfall of the Dunshaughlin snow shield by this time next year. It won’t be easy for a while but it does get easier over time.

All the Best,

FAC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Thanks so much everybody for the lovely and heartwarming comments. My dad passed away 2 hours ago and just back from Drogheda hospital.

I spent most of the past 2 weeks in that hospital with dad and most of the time the weather was ok, so I could get out every few hours to walk the block around the hospital for a break as walking does the soul a world of good no matter how rough times are.

However getting back to how weather can affect things when times are down, Thursday the day of the wild wind and cold, cold rain, was the one day I couldn't even go outside the hospital to get that walk the weather was so miserable. However yesterday (Friday) the days are all a blur at this stage, but Friday was my last day to spend with dad and I managed to get out for a few rounds around the block as the weather was mostly dry and not overly bitterly cold like Thursday and thankfully no wind so that made things easier.

I'll be taking a break from boards over the coming week to get everything arranged for a proper send off and I'll be back just in time to start the Spring threads and back in gear so see you's all very soon and thank you so much everybody for the lovely comments. Reminds me alot of how Gav from Gavweathervids lost his mum Mrs P last year and got back on track after about 2 weeks. I'll be doing the same. The weather will always keep me going as there is always something interesting to say about it no matter how exciting or dissapointing the Irish and UK climate tends to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fearancnoic

To your Dad Gonzo. May he Rest In Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Sorry for your loss Gonzo may he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

So sorry to hear that Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sorry to hear that Gonzo, may your Dad Rest In Peace..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Sorry for your loss Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

So sorry for your loss Gonzo.. Wishing you and your family well during this terrible time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Really sorry for your loss Gonzo. May your dad rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 you_talking_to_me

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time Gonzo. While I don’t actively participate in this forum , it’s one I love following and your opinions are always very knowledgeable and informative.

May he rest in peace.

🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Sorry for your loss Gonzo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Very sorry for your loss Gonzo. May your dad rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭pureza

Sorry for your loss Gonzo R.I.P

I'm sure your Dad is off to the weather creation department above for you now,so I expect we all might get a Snowy surprise soon

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭sunflower3

Take care of yourself Gonzo. Sorry for your loss. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a Anam dílis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭squonk

So sorry for your loss @Gonzo. May your dad rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Gonzo how hard it is to lose a parent!

Heartbroken for you and your family.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Deepest condolences Gonzo to you and yours. May your dear dad rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Condolences Gonzo 😞 Take care of yourself and yours.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

So sorry Gonzo, may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Very sorry for your loss Gonzo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Ah, so sorry for your loss Gonzo. As you can see by the comments on here, you are a treasure on this forum and inspired me to join after years of browsing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement