Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any reason left not to go smart meter?

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

What you could do, is pretend that you are on a smart plan for a month and now with the date ranges compare the 2 costs

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭curioustony

In the app, you can create a usage load profile from your HDF data, then tweak it if you think you can change when you use electricity (herself will not). Then add hot water heating, EV or a battery and solar. It will simulate a year and show comparisons for the different scenarios.

It's fun to see when I start to build credit for winter, but also good to see what happens if I buy another battery, or more panels, or do batch cooking at the weekend and charge a large EV battery on Sunday...

On my to-do list is to add dumping to the grid schedule, as this is a real earner for those that can. Garden is looking better, but still a bit to do there before I submerge myself in android again.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

I just discovered EneryPal this weekend thanks to PrimeTime. Really amazing site. Does anyone now if this can be used for commerial buildings?

Advertisement