Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any reason left not to go smart meter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,776 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not really. It doesn't include what has been by far the best deal in Ireland for the last 5-6 months, the Pinergy Cooline community deal. I contacted the owner of the site about 4-5 months ago, suggesting they include this. They didn't reply and did not implement it

Do your own research or listen to people who are in the know and up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Wonder will they cut their FIT rates accordingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

A fairly measly cut

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Grey123

Is the smart day and night meter different to regular smart meters?

Surly they can just use the "smart" function to set the day / night hours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yes. With different meter codes (RM106/RM107 vs RM108).

Existing meters couldn't be used because the register configs were different; day/night/peak (subject to daylight savings time) vs day/night (not subject to daylight savings time). A "GDPR" ruling at the time meant that interval data couldn't be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

For anyone with Pinergy, how often do they issue statement, is it monthly inline when they take their level pay monthly payments or some other cadence.

Also do FIT payment show up on the statement or shown some other way?

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thatphil

The statements are issued monthly through the app usually around the 10th/11th of the month and include FIT applicable for that month. Payment is taken monthly on the day of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

I think the statement is based on the anniversary of when you went live with them as a customer (so NOT when you signed up).

Payment on the date you selected

• Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Credit drawdown requested 17th, still no sign. Pinergy are "looking into it".

They really are a car crash lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Assuming it's this one - https://pinergy.ie/home-electricity/cooline/

Is there anywhere to find what the actual rates are rather than just the discount between sets of hours?

Rates are exactly 5c night, exactly 25c FIT and something like 37-38c day. All plus 9% VAT. Apologies I don't know the exact day rate as I barely use it 😁

Juat a heads up, if you're using that link to sign up, take screenshots, note down the URL, note the date and time you signed up etc.

It took me more than 3 months of haggling for them to actually honour the deal and send me my €100.

Had a call very heated call with the yesterday too. 2 weeks since I requested a drawdown of credit from my account and still no sign. I was told 3-5 days at the time.

Customers services have just stopped replying to emails about it after initially saying that they would investigate.

Called and spoke to a lady yesterday, she insisted that it would be 28 days and that "this is standard for any company issuing refunds". I told her that this was clearly nonsense and most companies refund in 5-10 working days.

She then admitted that it wasn't standard, but it was Pinergy policy. I told her that there was a big difference in their policy and standard practice and she shouldn't try to lie to people.

Anyway ended up speaking to a supervisor who assured me that my €400 credit would be with me next week. All well and good except I requested €560, not €400.

Mind blowing levels of incompetence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They're all the same, FloGas made multiple errors on their invoices to me and overcharged me over €500, staggering incompetence

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone's smart meter data updated on the esb website in the last week? My last available date is 22nd Jan.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I've been around SSE, Energia and now Pinergy in the last 10 years and I've never seen anything like Pinergy's level of useless. I only thought SSE were crap but they were nothing compared to this.

Relax, @DrPhilG, their refunds are automatic, no need to be on the phone / emails all the time. I got an unrequested €600 refund straight into my bank account the day before Christmas. Also the monthly "level pay" is automatically adjusted down if you use less / export more than expected

They told me that I had to request it, which I did via email. @irishchris did you get your refunds automatically?

Yeah was told the same, requested it, they told me I would get €200. Then nothing happened. And then several weeks later out of the blue I got €600. Just relax, you will get it at some stage. No point wasting all that time talking to monkeys who haven't a clue what they are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭idc

The cooline pinergy deal is it some special price plan like the BWG one of the suppliers had before?

Its not visible on their website normally without knowing about that link? (although there search engine does find it !)

• Advertisement

You need to know the link. Posted in this forum alone at least a dozen times though! Also there is at least one other Pinergy deal out there with the exact terms & conditions

It is by far the best deal for electricity we have seen in Ireland for years. Today was another completely free day for me. Import 42kWh + €1 standing charge = export 12kWh

When I was looking to sign up for the Level-pay plan, they sent me an email with the Cooline link in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

I had to request it both times. Second time was smooth enough and refund arrived in bank account the Friday of the following week. Both refunds arrived on a Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

So my contract with Flogas was up in January and I went shopping around and landed on Energia. Did a switchover on line on 10th after Flogas had sent me emails saying that my contract was ending and that I'd be reverting to normal rates. The barstewards then have charged me €240 for early termination fee on bills that I've just got (€150 cashback charge??, €50 electricity & €40 gas). Turns out my end date was the 26th. Just want to warn others that even a couple of weeks will trigger this even after they told you the contract was ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭DC999

Yeah, I got stung last year on a €50 exit for being a few days in contract. I knew I was still in contract but incorrectly assumed the Bonkers transfer would take a few days, so I'd be out of contract. Never coped about the cashback being due too - that's a fair chunk.

You could change back during the cooling off period, wait X days and then cancel. Assuming it doesn't start a new contract when you do that. I didn't bother for €50 as I was done with them at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭curioustony

I switched online after 6pm on the last day of contract. They tried to charge the exit fee. I complained and it was rectified quickly. Normally takes days, and they do not offer a date to domestic users.

Then the last time I switched, took the guts of 3 months. Smart meter both times...

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Fantana2

I am on a smart plan with Bord Gais, should I be able to see my export on my account?

6.96kwp South facing

Anyone else's Pinergy app playing up?

Yep, same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Thought it was just me.

Customer service is brutal alright, no joining credit, no bills, data consistency is meh at best but they are happy to take 329 every month without sending any sort of bill.

Had to call and be like seriously guys?

Advertisement